Brexit and the Consequences

Perhaps it's time we did stop buying German cars.
Ideal opportunity to start producing our own marques again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42858668

I think the surprising thing is, that even after all the Volkswagen "cheating" revelations that brand loyalty has remained so high – I suppose it must say something about the overall quality of the product. I'm sure that the testing on monkeys won't go down well – especially with the younger generation who are apparently driving less and appear to be falling out of love with the motorcar.

As for producing our own marques again – I just wonder. Sure, the reincarnated MINI was actually a Rover design before they were bought out by BMW, and it was good. But the latest version has been really improved by BMW (I know because I have had both) – something the German car industry really seems to be good at.

I remember years ago being in Germany and having the choice of any tax-free car. Many acquaintances bought British Leyland in a patriotic stance and lived to regret it – their hard earned money joined the government subsidy to an organisation that was good at designing cars but rubbish at building them. The more savvy car enthusiasts used to say at the time "Why buy British when you can buy the best?"

Hey guys... I'm really struggling not to hurl expletives at our right dishonourable mr davies with a small D.

This is the guy who was supposed to be Brexit Champion who said UK didn't need a transition period and only if the EU asked nicely would he consider it.

Now we have this.

Brexit Secretary David Davis had signaled the U.K. was prepared to accept the EU terms for the transition period -- which include following the bloc’s rules without having a say in EU policy making. But with concern in parts of the Tory party that transition would represent a humiliating loss of sovereignty for Britain, Davis said on Friday that negotiators would try to find a way to avoid having to accept rules made in Brussels that damaged U.K. interests.

He probably hit his head on the non-existent 55 industry specific impact analysis.

Why would he make such a U-turn?

Answers on a postcard :whistling

Meanwhile, great interview by Piers Morgan on Trump. Bit of a scoop actually for a no nonsense Brit journalist grabbing the first foreign interview with the leader of the free world since his election.

When pressed on opposition figures like Corbyn and the like, Trump said, he doesn't care what they think! :LOL:(y) Good stuff eh.

He's not very happy though that a US UK trade deal cannot be done quickly because our own politicians are arsing about trying to placate the EU. He said "he would have negotiated differently, taken a harder line with them".

Once again, CV was spot on on how to deal with the EU. Go figure ! :LOL:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-42850362/trump-i-would-have-taken-a-tougher-stand-in-getting-out

FGSake!!! Trump is immaterial mouth piece. No one gives a hoot about him. Clown with a speech impediment. That's what he is. We have another self indulgent Morgan whatever who thinks sun shines out of his mouth. Perfect match. :LOL::LOL:

FGSake!!! Trump is immaterial mouth piece. No one gives a hoot about him. Clown with a speech impediment. That's what he is. We have another self indulgent Morgan whatever who thinks sun shines out of his mouth. Perfect match. :LOL::LOL:

I think you have the orifices the wrong way round in your otherwise apposite mini-rant:)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-b...n-heads-for-brexit-in-name-only-idUKKBN1E21KT

I see that we now have a new type of Brexit - the BRINO (Brexit in name only). I understand that it's a very soft, cuddly and almost indistinguishable state from our present situation. The sort of thing that might appeal to Atilla?

Corbyn is going to win the next elections. His going to fix broken capitalism.

I'm struggling to understand how so many smart people do not see that the skewed distribution of wealth is braking the very fabric of social structures? Cleaners work incredibly hard for min wage whilst extremely well payed management layer, steal pensions at tax payers expense ie Carillion and these are all within financial operating rules of conduct?

How can a private company steal pension funds for workers only to be paid out as salaries, bonuses and dividends with no penalty.

Surely the accountants, regulators and CEO's need to be punished and penalised and monies recovered.

US and UK heavilly aligned with skewed distribution of income.

Corbyn says his going to buy flats to house homeless young people sleeping rough on streets. I support his call for action. I'd also stop the sale of council houses and repatriate empty homes or tax them and build new ones.

So stupid our current rules. I would also bet my pension that the private finance initiative contracts doled out by Major, Blair and Cameron with Osborn are now employing those same people as execs on their boards with some very lucrative paybacks for 2 or 3 days work per year.

The whole business is a scam by pigs with noses in trouts. No rhyme or reason. So where are Carillions chief execs or accountants. Where is Mr Green now of BHS. Not the first time. No lessons learnt from that fat bully Maxwell. UK Financial Authority thick or stupid? Neither they are just bunch of clever thieves working for the upper crust.

Brexit is a big fiasco, that will cost UK dearly. Our lack of manufacturing, bent industry leaders, self indulgent politicians and exorbitant private utilities, cash starved public services and skill shortage in all areas not just nurses and doctors will continue. None of our core issues will be solved by Brexit.

I think this should be becoming clear to some... We live in hope.

Can you imagine if all our troubles weren't enough, the strong and stable leader is about to face an election challenge from her own party. This is the only lady who could negotiate Brexit. So we were told...

Deep breaths everyone... :cheesy:

Not sure if that belongs in the joke thread or “quote of the day” ether way it deserves a lol. :LOL::LOL:

Can we hire big Don to sit in brexit negotiations ? He would definitely get things moving.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-b...n-heads-for-brexit-in-name-only-idUKKBN1E21KT

I see that we now have a new type of Brexit - the BRINO (Brexit in name only). I understand that it's a very soft, cuddly and almost indistinguishable state from our present situation. The sort of thing that might appeal to Atilla?
Actually it's a bit different. We will lose out voting rights but everything else is the same. Oh and probably more money to be paid to the block.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"As short a time ago as February, the Ministry of Plenty had issued a promise (a "categorical pledge" were the official words) that there would be no reduction of the chocolate ration during 1984. Actually, as Winston was aware, the chocolate ration was to be reduced from thirty grams to twenty at the end of the present week. All that was needed was to substitute for the original promise a warning that it would probably be necessary to reduce the ration at some time in April."

May seems to be getting quite good at "rectification":)

I'm struggling to understand how so many smart people do not see that the skewed distribution of wealth is braking the very fabric of social structures? Cleaners work incredibly hard for min wage whilst extremely well payed management layer, steal pensions at tax payers expense ie Carillion and these are all within financial operating rules of conduct?

How can a private company steal pension funds for workers only to be paid out as salaries, bonuses and dividends with no penalty.

Surely the accountants, regulators and CEO's need to be punished and penalised and monies recovered.

US and UK heavilly aligned with skewed distribution of income.

Corbyn says his going to buy flats to house homeless young people sleeping rough on streets. I support his call for action. I'd also stop the sale of council houses and repatriate empty homes or tax them and build new ones.

So stupid our current rules. I would also bet my pension that the private finance initiative contracts doled out by Major, Blair and Cameron with Osborn are now employing those same people as execs on their boards with some very lucrative paybacks for 2 or 3 days work per year.

The whole business is a scam by pigs with noses in trouts. No rhyme or reason. So where are Carillions chief execs or accountants. Where is Mr Green now of BHS. Not the first time. No lessons learnt from that fat bully Maxwell. UK Financial Authority thick or stupid? Neither they are just bunch of clever thieves working for the upper crust.

Brexit is a big fiasco, that will cost UK dearly. Our lack of manufacturing, bent industry leaders, self indulgent politicians and exorbitant private utilities, cash starved public services and skill shortage in all areas not just nurses and doctors will continue. None of our core issues will be solved by Brexit.

I think this should be becoming clear to some... We live in hope.

Can you imagine if all our troubles weren't enough, the strong and stable leader is about to face an election challenge from her own party. This is the only lady who could negotiate Brexit. So we were told...

Deep breaths everyone... :cheesy:

Corbyn is a joke and will never be elected.

Good job you're not in charge Att, can't even sort ya Philip Greens from ya Sir Philip Greens :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Moggmentum will be the only way forward and it will result in a proper looking Brexit.

Imagine that...Mogg and Trump can set the world free again (y)

Trump has already added 7 Trillion of value to the US stock market since he took over. (y)

Disclaimer.

I'd just like to make it absolutely clear. I am not Mr Moggs speech writer. However, I cannot be certain that he has not been reading our Brexit thread ! :LOL:

Actually it's a bit different. We will lose out voting rights but everything else is the same. Oh and probably more money to be paid to the block.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wow - somebody must be feeling well teeny weeny perturbed at the tought of a Corbyn win :)

I honestly feel Corbyn will be the other halves response to Brexiters protest vote. I really do.

You can already see it or at least I can. All over up and down the country. Tories are going to get such a smack down no matter who they replace Theresa May with.

Can you smell it? Yes you can.

:)

Last edited:
Disclaimer.

I'd just like to make it absolutely clear. I am not Mr Moggs speech writer. However, I cannot be certain that he has not been reading our Brexit thread ! :LOL:

I know maths and statistics is not your forte dear CV but it really is very simple.

Because there are considerably poor-ERRRRR peeps compared to wealthy ones, inevitably the Tory party of the well to doooo will ultimately suffer drainage in votes.

You see its all very simple. As more bodies lose out more they'll turn away from the party in Government in the hope that the new party coming in will address the difference or rather the balance.

Reason why Theresa May has been able to hold on was because all the weasels in the cabinet buying time. Simply no choice. All bad apples.

UKIP stuffed. Tories taken the trojan Brexit horse and remarkably fessed up the mess well and trully. What a dreadful show from the party of biz who's supposed to be savy n all that. Laffing it off vit me hairy derear.

Get moggy, leadsom, govey or boris no matter. All their reputations are in tatters.

A good shake out is required that's for sure.

Labour and LibDems time has arrived. Not long to go now... :clap::clap:

Last edited:
I know maths and statistics is not your forte dear CV but it really is very simple.

Because there are considerably poor-ERRRRR peeps compared to wealthy ones, inevitably the Tory party of the well to doooo will ultimately suffer drainage in votes.

You see its all very simple. As more bodies lose out more they'll turn away from the party in Government in the hope that the new party coming in will address the difference or rather the balance.

Reason why Theresa May has been able to hold on was because all the weasels in the cabinet buying time. Simply no choice. All bad apples.

UKIP stuffed. Tories taken the trojan Brexit horse and remarkably fessed up the mess well and trully. What a dreadful show from the party of biz who's supposed to be savy n all that. Laffing it off vit me hairy derear.

Get moggy, leadsom, govey or boris no matter. All their reputations are in tatters.

A good shake out is required that's for sure.

Labour and LibDems time has arrived. Not long to go now... :clap::clap:

If you had listened to the Moggster, our next great leaders speech, you would have heard him talk about setting an example for the world to follow as far as trade is concerned.

There is no point whatsoever sticking with the sclerotic EU. There are no opportunities in managing a decline. Nor are there any opportunities operating within a corrupt protectionist market.

I don't believe you know anything at all about statistics or maths. (y)

If you had listened to the Moggster, our next great leaders speech, you would have heard him talk about setting an example for the world to follow as far as trade is concerned.

There is no point whatsoever sticking with the sclerotic EU. There are no opportunities in managing a decline. Nor are there any opportunities operating within a corrupt protectionist market.

That’s a joke :LOL:. The days are long gone when the world followed Great Gritain’s example. Nowadays the world couldn’t give a toss.

Mind you, it’s pretty typical of the Brexiteers’ puffed up view of our importance and the arrogant belief that the world hangs on our every word and is desperate to do us favours.

Be very very weary of religious bodies. Much like snake oil salesmen.
Thought of Moggie scares me. Corbyn will have him for breakfast and pooh him in the afternoon. ;)

That’s a joke :LOL:. The days are long gone when the world followed Great Gritain’s example. Nowadays the world couldn’t give a toss.

Mind you, it’s pretty typical of the Brexiteers’ puffed up view of our importance and the arrogant belief that the world hangs on our every word and is desperate to do us favours.

Self defeating argument i'm afraid Jon.

The Moggster says we should play to our strengths going forward.

So, by staying part of the EU, can you explain to me and the readers how we could possibly play to our strengths when we are hamstrung by the protectionist inward looking EU?

Ditto, the same reason why the rest of the world could'nt give a toss what the UK says, because they know we are bound up in what the EU dictates.