Brexit and the Consequences

Joe Bloggs
White Van Man
Unwashed and some more less so and so's
and of course Brexiteers

Someone's forgetting they too were led to this point by other political idiots.

You are your own filter, if you were led there, then that it is because of a lack of your own intellect, don't play the victim.

Joe Bloggs
White Van Man
Unwashed and some more less so and so's
and of course Brexiteers

Someone's forgetting they too were led to this point by other political idiots.

Not at all - they are all pillars of Society. I make my political judgements just like anybody else and of course all they are, is my political opinion – doesn't necessarily mean that it's right does it?

Not at all - they are all pillars of Society. I make my political judgements just like anybody else and of course all they are, is my political opinion – doesn't necessarily mean that it's right does it?

Oh sorry I thought it did. :rolleyes:

Just wondering what you meant by "some of the political idiots".

By inference I thought you and the unwashed were able to make the distinction in some way able to discern the political bright sparks who weren't... idiots.

AND now we get to the crux of the matter. Parliament and our democracy sorts that sh1t out by debate and votes.

However, your so called genious cabinet political whizz kids think they are the clever sorts.

Do you not get what's going on here and how undemocratic your whole approach is? Referendum that's called by Parliamentary votes for taking the pulse of the nation suddenly gets to run away with it self ignoring the very source that gave it legitimacy as no longer having any say in any outcome furthermore?

I'm afraid anyone who is unable to or unwilling to grasp this very simple vote and acknowledge the shenannigans for what they are - are in them selves complete and utter dishonorable idiots... erm whether washed or not... imho.

Last edited:
Oh sorry I thought it did. :rolleyes:

Just wondering what you meant by "some of the political idiots".

By inference I thought you and the unwashed were able to make the distinction in some way able to discern the political bright sparks who weren't... idiots.

AND now we get to the crux of the matter. Parliament and our democracy sorts that sh1t out by debate and votes.

However, your so called genious cabinet political whizz kids think they are the clever sorts.

Do you not get what's going on here and how undemocratic your whole approach is? Referendum that's called by Parliamentary votes for taking the pulse of the nation suddenly gets to run away with it self ignoring the very source that gave it legitimacy as no longer having any say in any outcome furthermore?

I'm afraid anyone who is unable to or unwilling to grasp this very simple vote and acknowledge the shenannigans for what they are - are in them selves complete and utter dishonorable idiots... erm whether washed or not... imho.

Sir sir the peasants are revolting.
More soap for the peasants Baldrick.

:)

Last edited:
Here is one dishonourable idiot who sees no reason.

Expects UK to contribute to making of rules and regulations whilst being outside of the common market and ECJ.

I don't think he knows what a transition period is? It's not a do what you like transition period is it? It's continue as you were so businesses can have time to adjust.

What a DAFT STUPID idiot???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42375059

He's a fine politician who will become prime minister in the not to distant future, Then you will have something to cry about....:LOL:

Attachments

• Et Voila.jpg
    Et Voila.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 77

Expects UK to contribute to making of rules and regulations whilst being outside of the common market and ECJ.

I don't think he knows what a transition period is? It's not a do what you like transition period is it? It's continue as you were so businesses can have time to adjust.

Sounds like you have some difficulty in the meaning of the word "transition"

Transition from one place to another, not go round in circles and end up back where you started.

Did the people vote for what business wants? No. Who gives a fig about what business wants!
Did business get what business wants? No. Business will adapt in the UK or they can fek off to Europe.
Did the politicians get what they wanted? No. UK voting public cut off the EU gravy train where the likes of Kinnock took millions out for attending a talking shop.
Does business have time to adapt when a storm hits? No, they just make the best of things and get on with the new reality.

Every delaying tactic produces more uncertainty. The very opposite of what business wants apparently. Last I heard, business wanted certainty so they can plan ahead. So once again, remoaners are on the wrong side of the divide.

Someone like Mogg at the helm would make a stance that the Brits would back. The reason they would back it is because they know that he is fair and reasoned and more than capable of justifying his position. That is what remoaners are afraid of. A leading politician who sets a course and stands by principle.
The British voting public are fed up with unprincipled double speak politicians who deliver nothing, yet still walk away with a big fat pension at the end of it.

Sounds like you have some difficulty in the meaning of the word "transition"

Transition from one place to another, not go round in circles and end up back where you started.

Did the people vote for what business wants? No. Migration was key. Little old lady in Clacton-on-Sea voted no coz she wanted the place to be like it was in the 1960s.

Who gives a fig about what business wants! Yes they do! Especially ones losing jobs. Not to mention UK national interest losing key global body HQs leaving UK. You may not give a fig but others do!

Did business get what business wants? No. Business will adapt in the UK or they can fek off to Europe. Well Mr Dysan got what he wanted. If you don't do cost benefit impact analysis difficult to tell losers and winners apart!

Did the politicians get what they wanted? No. Well clearly some did coz they are in the cabinet despite being Eurosceptic moaners before.

UK voting public cut off the EU gravy train where the likes of Kinnock took millions out for attending a talking shop. So did Farage! Made millions more than trading working as EMP.

Does business have time to adapt when a storm hits? No, they just make the best of things and get on with the new reality.Of course they do. The more time you give them better the readiness.

Every delaying tactic produces more uncertainty. The very opposite of what business wants apparently. Last I heard, business wanted certainty so they can plan ahead. So once again, remoaners are on the wrong side of the divide.

Someone like Mogg at the helm would make a stance that the Brits would back. The reason they would back it is because they know that he is fair and reasoned and more than capable of justifying his position. That is what remoaners are afraid of. A leading politician who sets a course and stands by principle.

The British voting public are fed up with unprincipled double speak politicians who deliver nothing, yet still walk away with a big fat pension at the end of it.

Here we go again!!!

What do people understand by the term transition? What is it for? Do we need it? Why is business pushing so hard for it? No worry we'll leave it up to you and Moggy and the Brexiteers in the cabinet to decide what it means. Parliament can stand aside.

You still haven't answered questions about TM's new agreement and whether you like or don't like? So what do you think about the new favoured Canadian deal?

Last edited:
. . .You really are a simpleton. Ask daft questions and come up with some even more daft answers. Do you have the capacity to think through the rubbish you post? That probably explains your one liners. When you do open your mind it doesn't hold up to scrutiny does it? . . .
Hi Atilla,
This is a popular thread with a lot of subscribers. Sure, we can get into a debate about what a lot means but, hopefully, we can agree that relative to other threads here on T2W - there's a lot. Now, when said subscribers read comments like the one I've quoted - what do you think goes through their minds? How do you think they respond to you and to the on topic points you're making? These are rhetorical questions, you don't need to reply. But do please think about this and consider whether or not your posting style has a positive or negative impact on other members' perception of you and, more importantly perhaps, whether it affects their views about the serious and well made points that are sandwiched between the personal abuse. On that note, even though you disagree with just about everything Jacob Rees-Mogg says, IMO you could learn a huge amount from his courteous demeanor, message delivery and obvious respect that he has for others, including those who happen to hold views that are contrary to his own.
Tim.

Last edited:
Hi Atilla,
This is a popular thread with a lot of subscribers. Sure, we can get into a debate about what a lot means but, hopefully, we can agree that relative to other threads here on T2W - there's a lot. Now, when said subscribers read comments like the one I've quoted - what do you think goes through their minds? How do you think they respond to you and to the on topic points you're making? These are rhetorical questions, you don't need to reply. But do please think about this and consider whether or not your posting style has a positive or negative impact on other members' perception of you and, more importantly perhaps, whether it affects their views about the few serious and well made points that are sandwiched between the personal abuse. On that note, even though you disagree with just about everything Jacob Rees-Mogg says, IMO you could learn a huge amount from his courteous demeanor, message delivery and obvious respect that he shows for others, including those who happen to hold views that are contrary to his own.
Tim.

Yep sorry. Just becoming intolerant in my old age.

Removed text. :eek:

Hi Atilla,
This is a popular thread with a lot of subscribers. Sure, we can get into a debate about what a lot means but, hopefully, we can agree that relative to other threads here on T2W - there's a lot. Now, when said subscribers read comments like the one I've quoted - what do you think goes through their minds? How do you think they respond to you and to the on topic points you're making? These are rhetorical questions, you don't need to reply. But do please think about this and consider whether or not your posting style has a positive or negative impact on other members' perception of you and, more importantly perhaps, whether it affects their views about the serious and well made points that are sandwiched between the personal abuse. On that note, even though you disagree with just about everything Jacob Rees-Mogg says, IMO you could learn a huge amount from his courteous demeanor, message delivery and obvious respect that he has for others, including those who happen to hold views that are contrary to his own.
Tim.

Tim

It’s symptomatic of the topic - i’ve never known such strongly polarised views and so much intolerance (and bile) from either side. At least Boris in the Sunday Times today describes the rebels of the recent vote as honourable people voting on their view of what is best for the country and their conscience. Not traitors who should be hung drawn and quartered as people who should know better have maintained.

Tim

It’s symptomatic of the topic - i’ve never known such strongly polarised views and so much intolerance (and bile) from either side. At least Boris in the Sunday Times today describes the rebels of the recent vote as honourable people voting on their view of what is best for the country and their conscience. Not traitors who should be hung drawn and quartered as people who should know better have maintained.

Agreed Jon.
It's just that in Atilla's case it's particularly unfortunate as he is the main protagonist for the remain camp. The many valid and well reasoned points he makes about the message (in c_v's post in this instance) are - to my mind anyway - overshadowed by the personal comments about the messenger (i.e. c_v himself). This plays into - and strengthens the hands of the Brexiteers - because many people on both sides of the debate subscribe to the notion that if you can't make your point without making personal attacks - then you've probably lost the argument. For this reason, I suspect that there's nothing c_v likes more than Atilla having a go at him. Besides which, as you and I both know - he's a gritty northerner who appears to revel in people being rude to him!

Anyway, most of us are guilty of getting personal to some extent - including me. That said, you are the exception that proves the rule and a great role model for us all on how to conduct oneself on an online forum. On the rare occasion that you've ventured down the path of insulting another member - it's been completely warranted. Just my £0.02p worth of course.
;)
Tim.

I'm determined to be nice to everyone next year. :)

My new year resolution. (y)

Trying to make most of time left being rude and grumpy to everyone. :(