Brexit and the Consequences

Corbyn by default? A scary thought. I suspect that a lot of Tory and a lot of New Labour voters will just sit on their hands or vote for a party that has no chance of getting any power under the present system. There will now be vast swathes of people without a party that represents them.

Somewhere out there one hopes there is a British Macron figure who can get things done fairly and competently.

Ou est vous ? Or should we consider hiring a foreigner ?

How can Parliament voting on decisions impacting UK, weaken democracy!!! :eek:

Parliament is democracy. :)

To suggest anything otherwise is laughable.

Take back control and give it to who exactly? Referendums on the street with Red and White lies written on the side of a bus. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

How can Parliament voting on decisions impacting UK, weaken democracy!!! :eek:

Parliament is democracy. :)

To suggest anything otherwise is laughable.

Take back control and give it to who exactly? Referendums on the street with Red and White lies written on the side of a bus. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Question time tonight came from Barnsley. It was a lively affair to say the least and it was apparent that the audience would quite likely take matters into their own hands if politicians don't follow through and deliver Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09jb7ly/question-time-14122017

Last edited:
Question time tonight came from Barnsley. It was a lively affair to say the least and it was apparent that the audience would quite likely take matters into their own hands if politicians don't follow through and deliver Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09jb7ly/question-time-14122017

This brings me back to my various "beware the silent majority" comments. Outside the London centric, loudest shouting, media driven, lefty anti-Brexit, elitist crowd, are vast swathes of people who are deeply unhappy with what is happening with the Brexit negotiations and feel that their trust has been completely betrayed.

This brings me back to my various "beware the silent majority" comments. Outside the London centric, loudest shouting, media driven, lefty anti-Brexit, elitist crowd, are vast swathes of people who are deeply unhappy with what is happening with the Brexit negotiations and feel that their trust has been completely betrayed.
Hi Signalcalc,
As a fellow Brexiteer I'm naturally inclined towards believing this is true. That said, I'm wondering if this is just your personal view based on the logic of the referendum result, or are you referencing more recent opinion polls or other data/evidence that suggests this is the case?
Tim.

Hi Signalcalc,
As a fellow Brexiteer I'm naturally inclined towards believing this is true. That said, I'm wondering if this is just your personal view based on the logic of the referendum result, or are you referencing more recent opinion polls or other data/evidence that suggests this is the case?
Tim.

Hi Tim, my views on Brexit are based on my general research and analysis of opinion and events that occur but tend to be hidden by MSM because they choose to either not report it, or report it with a spin/bias.

I tend to not waste time on reading surveys or attempting to find 'facts' because nothing is verifiable, including my own views :LOL:

When it comes to attempting to understand what the 'great unwashed' might be thinking I find that Twitter and it's spin-off links are a great resource because it is controlled by the people that post there. Although there are moves by governments and social media platforms to silence those that they deem to be holding 'extreme' views, so there is an undercurrent of control happening.

What a great disclaimer that would make (y)

. . .When it comes to attempting to understand what the 'great unwashed' might be thinking I find that Twitter and it's spin-off links are a great resource . . .
Hi Signalcalc,
Aha, Twitter! Never never written one, never read one. My loss, clearly!
:LOL:

Hi Signalcalc,

It's a great research tool, I have a newsreader that hoovers the twits of the tw*ts I'm interested in, scanning through is pretty quick, just like reading a newspaper or watching the news, but tailored for my own interests and its free :LOL: I never post anything, just read what others are saying.

I'm careful not to make it too much of an echo chamber though and have a balanced approach and read opposing views. Good for political commentary and for real time updates on news items that are unfolding as well as non-political items, pick a subject, the world is your lobster.

I didn't 'find' it until August this year, for 10 years I dismissed it as useless, thinking it only useful for the next generation, a bit like the rise of Facebook, I resisted that, then it became kind of useful, but FB has fallen from its perch and is relegated to family & friends stuff, whereas Twitter is different, give it a try.

When it becomes too controlled it will fall from its perch and everyone will move onto the next thing, but Twitter is well established for now. Of course you also have to try and ascertain that Twitter posters are genuine, there are many parody and false accounts, but they are as easy to spot as malicious email.

In one of Donald Trump's tweets recently he stated, paraphrased: "Twitter allows me to get a message out when the MSM will not report or will bias reports against me", it's the only tool available to him other than official Whitehouse reports that couldn't be falsified.

It's a new news world we live in.

Last edited:
That comment would easily win the most 'laughable political comment of 2017' award :clap:

Unless you include the EU parliament in that particular competition :LOL:

That's coz your a commoner and your comprehension leaves much to be desired.

So let's have a recap!

1. Members of Parliament voted by 544 to 53 in favour of holding a referendum.
2. Referendum was meant to be advisory and not legally binding
3. Now the current government (actually the cabinet) thinks because of some legally non-binding advisory referendum, a handful of questionable power hungry MPs can bypass Parliament and decide outcome of the UK with a contingent of 10 DUP bodies bought for £1bn.

You and the rest of your clown tribe can laugh all you like.

I'll join you. ROTFLMAO. (y)

Last edited:
That's coz your a commoner and your comprehension leaves much to be desired.

So let's have a recap!

1. Parliamentary MP's voted by 544 to 53 in favour of holding a referendum.
2. Referendum was meant to be advisory and not legally binding
3. Now the current government (actually the cabinet) thinks because of some legally non-binding advisory referendum, a handful of questionable power hungry MPs can bypass Parliament and decide outcome of the UK with a contingent of 10 DUP bodies bought for £1bn.

You and the rest of your clown tribe can laugh all you like.

The people are resolute that it will happen in the way we wish it to happen.
Anyone who gets in the way will be squashed. This is the communications age. We no longer have to believe the BS fed to us by the media. We make the news now. Capiche :LOL:

The people are resolute that it will happen in the way we wish it to happen.
Anyone who gets in the way will be squashed. This is the communications age. We no longer have to believe the BS fed to us by the media. We make the news now. Capiche :LOL:

Believe what you want! It's xmas (y)

I've recently opened a swanky nightclub in town named ROTDFLMAO, you are my first member, you're a bit early this evening, but at least the drinks are Christmas Two4One, sorry you missed grab a granny night, that's a Wednesdays, the ROTDanceFLMAO awaits.....

:LOL::cheesy::LOL::cool:

Hi Signalcalc,

You and me have that in common, Tim. I can't remember reading one, either, except when they are presented as "news" by tv channels.

It's a great research tool, I have a newsreader that hoovers the twits of the tw*ts I'm interested in, scanning through is pretty quick, just like reading a newspaper or watching the news, but tailored for my own interests and its free :LOL: I never post anything, just read what others are saying.

What's the newsreader that you use?

Totally agree that Twitter is a really useful facility. It's very good to know what people actually think (be it biased, factually incorrect or otherwise tainted) as opposed to what the MSM want us to believe according to their particular agenda. Although TV shows like Question Time are not of particularly high intellectual calibre, again it's very nice to know what Joe Bloggs/White Van Man-woman really thinks and it exposes some of the political idiots for what they are.

The digital revolution certainly has taken over where Caxton left off!

What's the newsreader that you use?

Totally agree that Twitter is a really useful facility. It's very good to know what people actually think (be it biased, factually incorrect or otherwise tainted) as opposed to what the MSM want us to believe according to their particular agenda. Although TV shows like Question Time are not of particularly high intellectual calibre, again it's very nice to know what Joe Bloggs/White Van Man-woman really thinks and it exposes some of the political idiots for what they are.

The digital revolution certainly has taken over where Caxton left off!

Joe Bloggs
White Van Man
Unwashed and some more less so and so's
and of course Brexiteers

Someone's forgetting they too were led to this point by other political idiots.