Brexit and the Consequences

. . .The isolationism which the US and the UK seek is a giant step backwards. If the various factions can't find some way of working together, then we're done.
Hi dbp - again,
I agree 100% that isolationism is a giant step backwards and if I thought for one minute that by voting to leave the EU I was voting in favour of isolationism - then I wouldn't have done it. I'd have voted remain. I can't comment on Trump and and USA - that's very much your domain. All I can say is that isolationism is not what I want, it's not what I voted for and it's not what Brexit is all about.
Tim.

Last edited:
Hi dbp,
. . . what solutions are there for the state to implement? The consequences of implementation will depend in part on what solutions are proposed to begin with, much less how they are implemented..
Well, the point of my post is that solutions aren't relevant unless they are implemented and, consequently, unemployment is reduced. As to what the possible solutions are, you are the one who hinted that they exist when you said: "There are a number of reasons for unemployment, high or low, and more than a few possible solutions."

This is all much bigger than the EU and the Euro and the UK, and a solution won't be found in an ever-narrowing POV.
Agreed.
Tim.

Hi dbp,
Well, the point of my post is that solutions aren't relevant unless they are implemented and, consequently, unemployment is reduced. As to what the possible solutions are, you are the one who hinted that they exist when you said: "There are a number of reasons for unemployment, high or low, and more than a few possible solutions."
Tim.

That's somewhat different from "the reasons for high unemployment are what they are." You and Splitlink appear to believe that the reasons for high unemployment are overpopulation and uncontrolled immigration. Perhaps you also believe that there are not enough jobs to go around. And you may be correct in all of this. But if all of this is to be accepted as a given, where is the data to support these contentions? The possible solutions will depend on which contentions are accepted -- via verifiable data -- as starting points.

That's somewhat different from "the reasons for high unemployment are what they are." You and Splitlink appear to believe that the reasons for high unemployment are overpopulation and uncontrolled immigration. Perhaps you also believe that there are not enough jobs to go around. And you may be correct in all of this. But if all of this is to be accepted as a given, where is the data to support these contentions? The possible solutions will depend on which contentions are accepted -- via verifiable data -- as starting points.

Neither Tim, nor I, have the time to go looking for data, db. Especially data that is readily available before one's very eyes. What data do you want to prove that the world's popùlation is doubling every fifty years?

The taxpayer can, no longer, support the cost of educating these people, let alone keep them healthy. More importantly, the planet has not the resources to feed them. House them? Frankly, that is a laugh.

All this is the background to any prosperous nation that is trying to close its frontiers in a desperate attempt to give its citizens a decent quality of life.

China is a nation that tried to address its situation with a "one family, one child" law. It had to repeal that because it discovered that it would not work. We do not accept China's lack of democratic government or way of life, because we have seen what happens to dictatorships and so everything gets painted black.

Democracy is not going to solve the unemployment problem.

However, that is no reason to be complacent about it. After all, G20 meetings show that the world's richest are talking about it. Resolving it and agreeing to agree? Next year, perhaps.

UKIP campaigning for independence from the EU, 2015 - 3,800,000 votes
UKIP after winning independence from the EU - 600,000 votes.

The point is a minority party campaigning for independence has more political clout than one that has won it. This is why the SNP are cornered into a Never-endum campaign in Scotland.

This was never UKIP's power base.
EU MEP's, largest party by miles. UKIP campaigned from within the organisation and clearly punched well above their weight.
When it comes to running the country and implementing decisions, UKIP quite rightly were not at the races.

If proof were ever needed that protest parties are no use in government, One only needs to look at Scotland and the SNP. They couldn't be trusted to run a whelk stall !!

This is rubbish. UK and US were the champions of back then multi-nationals destroying local competition in the host countries they located in.

They would usurp cheap resources and factors of input whilst out competing local industries.

Then it was all about free and international trade.

Now the competition has caught up - hey presto Globalistation is the problemo. No it fecking ain't. Problem is US is finding it difficult to compete in manufacturing but way ahead in technology and high tech brands. However, the technology gap is also narrowing so they are squeaking. Same for UK.

You really need to get an education. Try reading some books. ;)

You not serious are you? He and Michael Gove and Boris will all lose election after election for the Tories. You need to get out more. They are all yesterdays men. Sooner confined to room 101 bin the better.

What a joke. :) All useless POSs.

Oh right yep, well you know best obviously, that why you've been on the wrong side of every development. :LOL: Backed all the wrong horses and all your candidates have thrown the towel in and fekked off.
Who's gonna make the case for remoaners now? I can't see anyone can you !:LOL:

Excuse me while I go write a petition.
Well, I would if the site ever gets back up and running !
https://petition.parliament.uk/

Hi dbp,

If you want to known my thoughts on a subject, rather than speculate what I may or may not believe in, all you have to do is ask! ;)

I've never said that the reasons for high unemployment are overpopulation and uncontrolled immigration. In part, the U.K. is subjected to unprecedented levels of immigration because of high levels of unemployment in mainland Europe. Therefore, immigration is more a consequence of unemployment - rather than a cause of it. However, as I keep saying - the causes of unemployment and the solutions to it are by the by if governments in the countries afflicted by it are unwilling or unable to do anything about it. If they don't address it - whatever the reasons - there will be consequences. And I believe that the EU and the Euro will be the ones who, ultimately, will bear the brunt of these consequences.

Regarding data, all that's required to support the point I am making is that high unemployment among young people is rife across mainland Europe. Here's a bar chart that's eighteen months old now - but I doubt that the current stats are much better. Correction, the stats for the U.K. are hugely better - according to the OfNS - it's down to just 4.6%!

Youth Unemployment across EU.png

Tim.

Oh right yep, well you know best obviously, that why you've been on the wrong side of every development. :LOL: Backed all the wrong horses and all your candidates have thrown the towel in and fekked off.
Who's gonna make the case for remoaners now? I can't see anyone can you !:LOL:

Excuse me while I go write a petition.
Well, I would if the site ever gets back up and running !
https://petition.parliament.uk/

You blinded CV?

Which leaders are you talking about? Cameron? Farage? TM? Where are they now?

Which horse Leadsom, Boris, Gove or that Moggy twit???

You need to wake up old bean... Feel a touch of WTF have we done in your post. :LOL:

This line made me laff out loud. I thought Brexit is not about doing better outside of the EU anymore. It's about how to...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-draws-u-k-ceos-to-brexit-facetime-with-davis
Those that made the cut will convene at Chevening, a mansion 35 miles (56 kilometers) south of London that historically serves as the weekend retreat of Britain’s foreign secretary. On the agenda is what more the government can be doing to ensure the divorce of the century inflicts minimal cost on businesses and the broader economy.

Resign would be my advise. Let the people have the last word on what ever deal is reached.

You amaze me in all the wrong possible ways. (n)

EU MEP's, largest party by miles. UKIP campaigned from within the organisation and clearly punched well above their weight.
When it comes to running the country and implementing decisions, UKIP quite rightly were not at the races.

If proof were ever needed that protest parties are no use in government, One only needs to look at Scotland and the SNP. They couldn't be trusted to run a whelk stall !!

Seats in the House of Commons was never the UKIP's home ground. In fact it was the vote, and this got them their MEP seats: and the vote shows a catastrophic decline.

In any case, its obvious that if you go from being a member of the EU to being a non-member, however many MEP's you started with, you end up with zero.

Seats in the House of Commons was never the UKIP's home ground. In fact it was the vote, and this got them their MEP seats: and the vote shows a catastrophic decline.

In any case, its obvious that if you go from being a member of the EU to being a non-member, however many MEP's you started with, you end up with zero.

Correct, and on that front, it's job done.

Now we just need to get some grown ups to implement the decision. Otherwise, UKIP, or another party will rise again.

Hi dbp,

If you want to known my thoughts on a subject, rather than speculate what I may or may not believe in, all you have to do is ask! ;)

I've never said that the reasons for high unemployment are overpopulation and uncontrolled immigration. In part, the U.K. is subjected to unprecedented levels of immigration because of high levels of unemployment in mainland Europe. Therefore, immigration is more a consequence of unemployment - rather than a cause of it. However, as I keep saying - the causes of unemployment and the solutions to it are by the by if governments in the countries afflicted by it are unwilling or unable to do anything about it. If they don't address it - whatever the reasons - there will be consequences. And I believe that the EU and the Euro will be the ones who, ultimately, will bear the brunt of these consequences.

Regarding data, all that's required to support the point I am making is that high unemployment among young people is rife across mainland Europe. Here's a bar chart that's eighteen months old now - but I doubt that the current stats are much better. Correction, the stats for the U.K. are hugely better - according to the OfNS - it's down to just 4.6%!

View attachment 242584

Tim.

The EU is totally responsible for that lost generation of young workers. Shameful record of laying waste to their own, whilst pandering to the wishes of the crony corporate machine, who's only interest is bottom line profits. Add into the mix the continual unabated supply of unskilled migrant labour, which is encouraged by those in power and you are building up a powder keg of resentment across the whole region.

The EU is totally responsible for that lost generation of young workers. Shameful record of laying waste to their own, whilst pandering to the wishes of the crony corporate machine, who's only interest is bottom line profits. Add into the mix the continual unabated supply of unskilled migrant labour, which is encouraged by those in power and you are building up a powder keg of resentment across the whole region.

This is all a bit wild but something very wrong is indeed going on.

Can it really be OK for indigenous European youth, who have benefitted from stable societies and years of full-time state education, to compete for jobs that an illiterate migrant could tackle? No. But if they are competing for the same jobs, we have a much wore problem than just immigration.

BBC now under attack from the Brexit camp.
As we have seen countless times, the BBC who represent the views of the liberal elite establishment, are trying their damndest to influence and subvert the will of the people by continually undermining the job in hand as we leave the EU.

If anyone stayed up and watched the election night reporting, you will know exactly what I mean. Laura Kuenssberg could hardly contain herself when the exit poll was announced.

Newsnight in it's reporting, frequently uses the line, "despite Brexit" when the reporters talk about UK economic good news or figure releases.

You would expect that the UK's national broadcaster would report in the interests of the UK. Not a bit of it, they would do anything to undermine the UK position going forward.

BBC now under attack from the Brexit camp.
As we have seen countless times, the BBC who represent the views of the liberal elite establishment, are trying their damndest to influence and subvert the will of the people by continually undermining the job in hand as we leave the EU.

If anyone stayed up and watched the election night reporting, you will know exactly what I mean. Laura Kuenssberg could hardly contain herself when the exit poll was announced.

Newsnight in it's reporting, frequently uses the line, "despite Brexit" when the reporters talk about UK economic good news or figure releases.

You would expect that the UK's national broadcaster would report in the interests of the UK. Not a bit of it, they would do anything to undermine the UK position going forward.

:sleep: Get back to reading your daily trash :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Neither Tim, nor I, have the time to go looking for data, db. Especially data that is readily available before one's very eyes. What data do you want to prove that the world's popùlation is doubling every fifty years?

And yet there are so many jobs available . . .

Hi dbp,

Tim.

I did ask, and your response was that "they are what they are". This does not provide information. You say here that "the causes of unemployment and the solutions to it are by the by if governments in the countries afflicted by it are unwilling or unable to do anything about it", but what are they to do if they don't understand the reasons for the unemployment? Same goes for unemployment amongst young people. Why? There are plenty of jobs available.

Sounds like someone who's in the employ of Rupert Murdoch.

I don't suppose it would do any good for me to ask, yet again, what form of government you prefer. Anarchist, I presume.

Surprise, surprise, cv. I do agree with you there. However, the question is "How are we going to stop them?" They are in. Trump's in. In on a popular vote. In Spain, Podemos is the leftwing popular party. Not in government, yet, but it may well happen next time. In Cataluña, ERC is the party with the most votes and, with two smaller parties, is in government by a hair.

They are the ones who would make Cataluña independent. All they have in their bonnet is independence. What they are going to do, afterwards, is what is worrying the rest of us.

Bless his soul, all my friend, Atilla, can spout is statistics-- and I'm afraid that there are holes in those arguments, too. He, certainly, has a bee up his backside about the Catalans!:D Give statistics to an unemployed youngster and hear what he says, when, everytime he goes for a job, he is competing with several hundred others.

Sounds like someone who's in the employ of Rupert Murdoch.

I don't suppose it would do any good for me to ask, yet again, what form of government you prefer. Anarchist, I presume.

Well a good start might be for a Govt that acts in the interests of the people it represents, as opposed to it's own interests and that of everyone else.

Not much to ask really is it.