Belflan's US stock swing trades

d oh sorry steve no

glen

Glenn

Foy your information; I received the following from Hypertrader:-

TWS has changed the date time format on daily bar from Sept 2007, for that reson you can't get daily data correctly.
You need only to download the latest hyperserver 3.0 for our website and then uninstall the previsou version before to setup the latest.
This will solve the problem.

Steve

Glenn

TWS has changed the date time format on daily bar from Sept 2007, for that reson you can't get daily data correctly.
You need only to download the latest hyperserver 3.0 for our website and then uninstall the previsou version before to setup the latest.

Steve

yep online with them now, think this should do it

thanks

glen

ok, havn't have an answer from G1 on the other thread yet about going long, in this, as he see it, a bear market,

so i'll plod on,

the daily chart INDU look like its cycleing north, has been O/S

View attachment 32498

attached is charts of stocks from the strong list that O/S ish on the MACCI day charts (on a simlar cycle to the INDU)

View attachment 32492
View attachment 32493
View attachment 32494
View attachment 32495
View attachment 32496

will be looking for strength in these stocks tomorrow, then open longs at around close, and leave open till Wed if target not hit

three out of the five of these strong stocks are up today, would be tempted to go long at close and close Wed

but who would argued with big G

Attachments

• longs.JPG
    longs.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 8
  • not longs yet.JPG
    not longs yet.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
big divergence coming on the INDU????????

only 50mins to go

Attachments

• div indu.JPG
    div indu.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 8
Glenn

Steve

steve,

i've download this now, and as usally :whistling i didn;t pay any attention to the instructions and it hasn;t installed the new version,

can''t get teh hold of hyper either:(

oh bum

three out of the five of these strong stocks are up today, would be tempted to go long at close and close Wed

but who would argued with big G

going by the rules at the start of this thread i would be long these three stocks at close tonight and close wed if target not hit (target = 3 ATR daily) (sl=1.5ATR) i'll call this a trade, post results wed

Attachments

• longs.JPG
    longs.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have tried downloading the hyperserver update but it is not recognised as any type of file. Should it be an msi file ?

Paul

I have tried downloading the hyperserver update but it is not recognised as any type of file. Should it be an msi file ?

Paul

i've tried as well, and it seemed to download something, then disappeared

everyone and their mum must be taking to hyper online tonight, cause i can't get the hold of them

glen

Paul
Yep; what you should save to your desktop is a windows installer file called TWS.msi

When you run it for the first time you choose 'remove' to get rid of the old version. Then rerun choosing full install. Thats what I did anyhow.

Cheers
Steve

have now got this installed, still having prob's downloading day bars to hyper

glen

Glenn

Just a thought, try using the Date Range option rather that previous bars option. I only ever do the former.

Cheers
Steve

Glenn

Just a thought, try using the Date Range option rather that previous bars option. I only ever do the former.

Cheers
Steve

tried this, and it worked for about 1/2 the stocks, then back to 'no data' for the rest.

still its an improvement

ta
glen

ps just tried again and got some of the outstanding stock to complete. slow slow process, must still be something up

ta
glen

Last edited:
market tonight;

14 Jan 2008 INDU.JPG

weak list (still to be added to from G1's do this tomorrow)

14 Jan 2008 weak.JPG

strong list;

14 jan 2008 strong.JPG

tried this, and it worked for about 1/2 the stocks, then back to 'no data' for the rest.

still its an improvement

ta
glen

ps just tried again and got some of the outstanding stock to complete. slow slow process, must still be something up

ta
glen

still having prob's with data this morning, i now seem to have an extra day bar on some charts for today 15th Jan, and the market hasn't even opened yet:(:(

will try and fix tonight
:(:mad:
glen

Attachments

• day bars.JPG
    day bars.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 13