Belflan's US stock swing trades

Iraj

Yep - everyone of the equities on your older and latest short list that I have added to my portfolio have done rather nicely over the last couple of days - and I luv it :clap:

Thanks

Charlton

Chalton,

It is important to keep your eyes on the daily MACCI of these stocks and close if they get OS and open a NON OS stock ,,

Also we should be testing the previous low on INDU which is going to be around 11600 ish ,, so we must also be aware of this level which is crucial for market to either brerak down or bounce,,, either way we will reduce our pos size approaching this level ( so should other traders who have opened position last week ,, take profit and enjoy till clarity is evident )

Grey1

open positions at present

Attachments

• open shorts.JPG
    open shorts.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 9
open positions at present

The market sold off 50 points after hours which pushed the portfolio further into profit. AAPL down 10$ ( 7%) now 50% at discount ,,,, cheaper 1/2 price lol

Grey1

The market sold off 50 points after hours which pushed the portfolio further into profit. AAPL down 10$ ( 7%) now 50% at discount ,,,, cheaper 1/2 price lol

Grey1

so with Market closing at low of day. sell off to continue tomorrow????????

glen

so with Market closing at low of day. sell off to continue tomorrow????????

glen
There will be an interest cut in UK 2morrow which should excite FTSE and as a result it is possible for a positive opening on INDU . This is going to a be spike and wont last long ,,, I donot know how much it might affect US market and if there are any Over night bad news to offset against FTSE but the fact remains that we WILL AND SHOULD MEET 11600 level ,, Forget about the noise lets dance to sound,,, Spike is NOISE Trend is SOUND ,,

Grey1

There will be an interest cut in UK 2morrow which should excite FTSE and as a result it is possible for a positive opening on INDU . This is going to a be spike and wont last long ,,, I donot know how much it might affect US market and if there are any Over night bad news to offset against FTSE but the fact remains that we WILL AND SHOULD MEET 11600 level ,, Forget about the noise lets dance to sound,,, Spike is NOISE Trend is SOUND ,,

Grey1
The over night CISCO warning wrecked the sentiment and as a result futures down loads,,,,,,

I really hope you guys took a short diversified portfolio and made a good return on your time and money investment and if you did not you have no excuse .

grey1

The over night CISCO warning wrecked the sentiment and as a result futures down loads,,,,,,

I really hope you guys took a short diversified portfolio and made a good return on your time and money investment and if you did not you have no excuse .

grey1

Hi Iraj,

Subject to the 11600 mark for the INDU, the MACCI daily still is close to +14 approx-possibily still some more juice left (some more southward movement)?

Raj

Hi Iraj,

Subject to the 11600 mark for the INDU, the MACCI daily still is close to +14 approx-possibily still some more juice left (some more southward movement)?

Raj
agree and good analysis ,,, I would say which ever comes first .. either INDU daily gets OS or the 11600 is met

grey1

ok, not long in and i've already had a row with one of our wonderful employees,

anyway,

shorts down tonight at present running total = + $251

Glen

30K should give up 60K ( 1:2 margin for swing ) buying power but i understand you have only bought 40K for some reason ,, if you had bought 60K you would have been up more ..

Grey1

In fairness if I had of used more buying power, it would hurt my portfolio more tonight

Glen

its about evens on the portfolio running total at the minute

I feel like a right james blunt tonight,

Government must start to help small businesses with pregnant employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant over

Not a positive day for the portfolio . I have no idea why the market rallied 120 points ,,perhaps some one can enlighten me,, All catalysts were negative and I was expecting a good sell off but it did not happen ,,

ON the positive side, on a daily chart today's move only looks weak and with in the next few days we should have another leg down .All in all, the major trend is still intact and i am still as bear as ever.

Those of you who watched CNBC probably noticed that not a single analyst knew why market rallied to day .. Every one was puzzled.

grey1

Not a positive day for the portfolio . I have no idea why the market rallied 120 points ,,perhaps some one can enlighten me,, All catalysts were negative and I was expecting a good sell off but it did not happen ,,

ON the positive side, on a daily chart today's move only looks weak and with in the next few days we should have another leg down .All in all, the major trend is still intact and i am still as bear as ever.

Those of you who watched CNBC probably noticed that not a single analyst knew why market rallied to day .. Every one was puzzled.

grey1

Iraj,

can not not add to your rep i 'must spread some around' first

thank you for the post

its nice to know even a professional can be wrong sometimes

cheers
glen

Greed & Fear

Euphoria = weak hands jumping on the band wagon too late and buying into the market on news (also fear reverse of this i.e. weak hand shorts stops getting hit).

Think correction may be comming

Capitulation = weak hands panic selling , stops getting hit (also the greed reverse of this i.e. weak hand shotrs tring to jump on the band wagon toooo late.)

Think correction may be comming

PS Iraj, good to talk to you tonight, every time a talk to you i learn (how many others can i say that about)

thank you

Glen

Last edited:
ok, here i go

successful, full time trader by this time next year

watch the progress / or defeat, right here, online on this thread.

Glen