Belflan's US stock swing trades

Cheers Frank,

ok, so i probably need to address a few issues (nothing major) in my short portfolio:

1. in light of the updated short targets list, i may not have enough 'beef' in my current list (ie they have fallen greatly from when the original list was drafted, and are not on the updated list)

2. FMD could be falling into O/S area within next few days. Therefore I may need to move money into a more O/B stock off the weak list.

see how we go
Glen

for clarity these are all paper trades on this thread (i'll let everyone know when i go live)

Attachments

• trades.JPG
    trades.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
some news on bond insurer bail outs may be on the cards soon

anything on the bond insurers seems to move the market at the minute

MSNBC - Video Front Page

hi belfan,

how did you do today?? I did not trade today based on the sharp down turn. yesterday I scalped a few oversold stocks and did guite well but today was even worse.

I hope you did well. well see what happens tommorow

up for tommorows econ reports 2/6
Feb 6 8:30 AM Productivity-Prel
Feb 6 10:30 AM Crude Inventories

earnings for the following 2/6
AKAM
CSCO
TYC

here is the link for the hole list
US Earnings: Company Earnings Calendar - Yahoo! Finance

hi belfan,

how did you do today?? I did not trade today based on the sharp down turn. yesterday I scalped a few oversold stocks and did guite well but today was even worse.

I hope you did well. well see what happens tommorow

up for tommorows econ reports 2/6
Feb 6 8:30 AM Productivity-Prel
Feb 6 10:30 AM Crude Inventories

earnings for the following 2/6
AKAM
CSCO
TYC

here is the link for the hole list
US Earnings: Company Earnings Calendar - Yahoo! Finance

hi moreagr,

thanks for the post

my running total is on post 259

do think these econ report above will have a bearing on the market? have they before? could these be drivers for a non technicial day? have they been before?

thanks for the earnings link, this is useful (the more we know about whats going on in the market, the better traders we must become)

cheers
glen

Hi belfan,

sorry I did not see you post

If you read the report in the morning it would have given you a heads up for the day especially when the numbers were way off like yesterday.

Briefing.com: Ism Services
taken form yahoo
08:02 am : S&P futures vs fair value: -21.4. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -30.2. The futures market has taken a noticeable dip after the January ISM Services Index level of non-manufacturing business activity checked in at 41.9 versus the consensus estimate of 53.0 and the December reading of 54.4. The scope of the decline is surprising (and questionable) seeing how this survey never moves more than a couple of points. In any event, the headline has exacerbated the negative tone.

belfan I would defiently watch them I have not used them as a strong tool but am giving them more wieght as of late.

I have not dished out any funds for a news service because I have been trying to save money. yahoo has a good free webpage that updates every 15min or so. my early years in trading were not so fruitful so i have been cheap every year get better. best year so far.
Market Update - Yahoo! Finance - The basics of investing.

you check out any free econ calendar many days reports are released during market hours as well. but most are before.

Economic Calendar: Financial Calendars - Yahoo! Finance

FMD close as now O/S (market also O/S on 10min)

close at $14.82

will look to open another short position tonight (weak O/B stock) if theres an entry off the 10MIn MACCI INDU

wait and see
glen

Attachments

• FMD.JPG
    FMD.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 6
FMD close as now O/S (market also O/S on 10min)

close at $14.82

will look to open another short position tonight (weak O/B stock) if theres an entry off the 10MIn MACCI INDU

wait and see
glen

will be looking for entry on BSX if i get 10MIN MACCI INDU on my side

glen

short BSX at this price and this position size

10min MACCI turn on INDU

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
short BSX at this price and this position size

10min MACCI turn on INDU

not that wild happy with this entry

the MACCI is turning, but its not O/B and its not really at the previous cycle turn level

we'll see
Glen

the MACCI is turning, but its not O/B and its not really at the previous cycle turn level

we'll see
Glen
BSX was upgraded by stanford research and all momentum traders would go long so today so you should not have shorted it ,, A pro is always aware of this small prints which would eventually makes a trader a winner for the day

Another awesome day for our short portfolio .. If you guys would have just done what i said in webminar you should have been up around 3K at least on 30 K capital , is this too difficult to grasp ?

I some times wonder why trader keep changing postions from SHORT TO LONG and so on when they can use the top down approach and make easy money .

Muchas Gracias

we'll see
Glen

Market MACCI turn worked out ok, BSX hasn't moved in my favour just yet, but i guess i have to happy with BSX entry as i got the market direction correct.

market closing near low of day, therefore i think G1 said somewhere that this is a bearish sign, if it had of bounced back before close the bounce may continue next day. I think this is correct. we'll see

Glen

BSX was upgraded by stanford research and all momentum traders would go long so today so you should not have shorted it ,, A pro is always aware of this small prints which would eventually makes a trader a winner for the day

Another awesome day for our short portfolio .. If you guys would have just done what i said in webminar you should have been up around 3K at least on 30 K capital , is this too difficult to grasp ?

I some times wonder why trader keep changing postions from SHORT TO LONG and so on when they can use the top down approach and make easy money .

Muchas Gracias

ahhhhh. i see.. doh.. need to know whats go on.. news wise..

cheers
Glen

yes, now short BSX. O/B on daily MACCI and nice entry off INDU 10min

much happier with this entry, than my entry on last Wed. (i waited to long, entry was crap last Wed)

cheers
Glen

I thought BSX was a day trade if not then nothing wrong with shorting it

Grey1

Last edited:

Muchas Gracias

Iraj,

since the webminar, I have tried to follow word for word what you said (with a few small mistakes) my paper portfolio is up $852 (which I think is great by the way)

so to answer your question, yes I think it is quite difficult to grasp at the start (but not impossible)

thanks again
Glen

no, it's in the portfolio,

no day trading or scalping until the swinging:) is understood

cheers
/glen

30K should give up 60K ( 1:2 margin for swing ) buying power but i understand you have only bought 40K for some reason ,, if you had bought 60K you would have been up more ..

Also I am not sure how good your entry was the first day ,,,

Grey1

FMD was my first next tonight (it was O/S on daily)

profit from trade = $437 (including for commisions)

Muchas Gracias
Iraj

Yep - everyone of the equities on your older and latest short list that I have added to my portfolio have done rather nicely over the last couple of days - and I luv it :clap:

Thanks

Charlton

30K should give up 60K ( 1:2 margine for swing ) buying power but i understand you have only bought 40K for some reason ,, if you had bought 60K you would have been up more ..

Also I am not sure how good your entry was the first day ,,,

Grey1

I've been taking position size from position size code.. yes, this may be part of it..

my entry on first day was crap.. the market spike up then drop of i entered tooo late

but i'm happy with progress so far, learnt alot from you and Frank
glen