Beat The Broker Compo!

Mate, I am doing £2,000 pp in the Dax :)

LOL - you're a madman, just remember you only need to beat the broker for the draw.

Don't chase me pal, I'm in a different league :) I do this SB malarky for a living

seriously, there's going to be some big blowouts today.

Apart from Options, who'll be trading £20pp with a 10 tick stop.:)

LOL - you're a madman, just remember you only need to beat the broker for the draw.

Don't chase me pal, I'm in a different league :) I do this SB malarky for a living

Apart from Options, who'll be trading £20pp with a 10 tick stop.:)

:LOL: Too risky for me. Tenner a point with a 5 stop.

I'm trying to build a long ride up on the beast gbp/jpy.
Even prodding it with a stick is not waking it up though.

Hoggums, you're in early I see and straight to the top of the leaderboard,

That is until I click 'close' :LOL:

LOL - I thought I'd get in early - probably my one and only chance to be at the top before I left for work this morning.

Screw the draw. I've only placed once in the first three days. Without even adding yesterday and today that gives me a 1 in 55 chance of being drawn out of a hat. I don't fancy those odds.

I'll have the ipod please ;)

I didn't realise there was a gay league.

Indeed. I'm hanging tight until later in the day where I can get a little better idea of what I need to do to get to first place.

whoa, steady on sunshine, no need to get personal :)

I meant the draw with the broker as in 2-2, not the prize draw.

Tim - you'd better be right or you're seeing the first big wipeout and if you are i'll add to your rep. So far, you're costing me 20k!

Can't say I have noticed that,
Mic's on a late shift today, so he'll probably only commence trading from 12 or 1. Unless he does some at home. He's got his work cut out and will be interesting to see if he can break the 100k barrier for the first time

Taking the Miccy - you comedian!

I was short!
You've completely lost me Tom (not for the first time lol!). How on earth did you build a a short position of that magnitude and come out £94k up when the market's rising? Unless you sold the peek around 4280 at 7.50 (ish), covering near the 4200 trough at 8.10 (ish)???
:confused:
Tim.

TD,
How have you just edited that, without the reason showing? There was one earlier too. You up to your jedi mind games again?

From my e-mail:
Well we don't have to worry about sid2008. I seem to see him near the top of the leaderboard early on every day and then he disappears...anyone else noticed that?

Where is Mills today? We're taking the miccy out of him :)

There doesn't appear to be a great deal of movement today, on anything.

How are you guys doing it??????????????????????????

Tim - you'd better be right or you're seeing the first big wipeout and if you are i'll add to your rep. So far, you're costing me 20k!
Mornin' Ian,
My comment to Tom can be taken in two ways - either I was trying to do him a favour as I regard him as a mate (even though we've never met) or, if price did break resistance, at £2k p/p Tom's going to be way too hard to catch. Although I'm right behind him, he's already made twice what I have so far! Suffice it to say, Tom doesn't need - or want - any help from me any more than you do!
;)
Tim.

TD,
How have you just edited that, without the reason showing? There was one earlier too. You up to your jedi mind games again?

From my e-mail:
Well we don't have to worry about sid2008. I seem to see him near the top of the leaderboard early on every day and then he disappears...anyone else noticed that?

Where is Mills today? We're taking the miccy out of him :)

If you edit quickly it doesn't show.

Theres the secret.

Quick: "long dax"...no bad call...edit the post..."short dax"...lol

You've completely lost me Tom (not for the first time lol!). How on earth did you build a a short position of that magnitude and come out £94k up when the market's rising? Unless you sold the peek around 4280 at 7.50 (ish), covering near the 4200 trough at 8.10 (ish)???
:confused:
Tim.

Well that's what everyone wants to know isn't it?

How do you make money on a huge short position in a rising market.

I can tell you but then I'd have to kill you :)

What are you, Mills' PR agent?

Yeah, you got a problem with that? I'm working my magic to try and get that 20k from the 'prize draw'

When he confirmed I had won the ipod, he said that he was on a late, which is why he will chat on here from 7Pm (a little pointless I thought as i'll be in the pub)