Beat The Broker Compo!

cheers

Seriously though....nobody in their right minds would trade like we are doing...3.74 x account balance in a day ! Yeah Right. :)

:LOL:

just playing the game ...that's all it is.

I am kinda tempted to put three grand in a SB account and trade very riskily, see if I can build it up to 100k though...

terrible day just couldnt get past the 50k mark its def getting tougher as the week progresses, only bit of twisted pleasure coming from knowing that as the markets are dropping like its hot, im only losing fake money, shame its not the same for all those average joes investing their life savings in the markets.

I am kinda tempted to put three grand in a SB account and trade very riskily, see if I can build it up to 100k though...

Well... the thing is, it can be done,

A couple of traders I work with online chat..I was feeling good about my trading...so I did a 24 hr all or nothing...turned 600 quid into 3,200

No rules balls out stuff...good fun but exhausting (y)

This is what I wonder. ...........it seems to work really well £7K up with a frantic trading style, and no worries & no resets! However like poker.......one day hmmm...still it only has to be pocket money & "their" money too.
Once you get a handle on the site & don't lose 40 points because its gb/euro & not euro/gb!!!!!!! could even get on the score board. Make a lot more if the spreads were a little less ..about 40 points more in fact and closing out what a nightmare.
I think the site needs to evolve more.
The previous site operated about the same but possibly was more ugly.:p

Thing is I made over sixty grand today... I might actually do this, look out for the thread in about a week's time... I might consider it when sobererer....

I would be amusing if nothing else. And I might as well do it with etxcapital as they have a goregeous looking platform even if it is hard to use...

Thing is I made over sixty grand today... I might actually do this, look out for the thread in about a week's time... I might consider it when sobererer....

I would be amusing if nothing else. And I might as well do it with etxcapital as they have a goregeous looking platform even if it is hard to use...

Ask them if they'll provide the facility to reset your account too.

Well i'm thinking along the same lines.....however, i will judge the consistency of this """method"""....perhaps over the next 30 days or so
:smart:

It has been great fun though, even with all the little annoying things that you would not put up with if using real money. Probably a lot of the problems were from people reloading the web page at the same time, and also running your own feed alongside this.

If they ever do another comp. I would suggest a slight change in that you can't reset the base figure. Do the 20k or part of and that's it for the day.

The leader board and the winners would have been a very different prospect. You would not have had as many people going in for the draw as you have now.

Now if someone could turn 20k into 400k under those conditions, he would be master of the universe in a fortnight!

Funny how you get conditioned though.
20 mins to the close. I need a good boost to beat mental mic and I'm thinking we're very close to an all time low. Very possible bounce due, even though it's going down strong. Do I really want to go in so close to the finish and go against the grain? No.I'll follow the flow. No. Too close to the end for a bounce. I'll stay out.

I am so risk averse I can't even take chances with play money with everything to go for and sod all to lose.
Is it any wonder I used to drive a Volvo!

Hoggums, you're in early I see and straight to the top of the leaderboard,

That is until I click 'close' :LOL:

Why do I consistently cut and reverse at the WRONG time?!

lol

If you wish to learn how to trade properly TD. There is a chap on another site, who trades oil, apparently in his underwear from a flat in Staines while making calls on his mobile. Ask him for advice. I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping out a new boy.

Why do I consistently cut and reverse at the WRONG time?!

lol

There could be a few answers for that

1) You're trying to chase it too quickly, i.e desperation
2) Your levels are rubbish or you need a few more ticks breathing room
3) You're just crap

I'm only joking, I see you're up to 3rd

Blatantly bought the FTSE didn't you? I did but closed at unchanged