Beat The Broker Compo!

Looks like 4260 ish on Dax has been an important level all day!!!

I'm giving up trying to beat the broker as well today. Only managed £32K. Pitiful.

I'll switch from Dax now to Dow and see if there's better moves on there....

Anyone wanting to try my strat' - look at the DAX daily future. Price has hit resistance FIVE times today around 4260. It's probable that it'll bust through or be rejected and fall like a stone - an excellent starting point for Step 1 to get you up £10k! My guess is that it'll go higher, but I won't trade it cos I'm on to Step 2 of my strat'.
Tim.

Ok, this is getting silly :LOL:

Attachments

• Picture 16.png
    Picture 16.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 127
Yeah, I just called them, and I'm the only one who can't access the site!! Cleared my cache but still no joy. Oh well.

It's not down here. I'm busy helping arabian create a diverse portfolio. Wouldn't do any good putting all your eggs in one basket now would it?

I'm in the process of blowing up: one stop hit for -£10k and currently sitting on an £20K unrealised loss on the remainder. I bet on a breakout to the upside on the consolidation - spurred on by the sight of big bad Mic overtaking me (again!) in the league table. So, if I disappear from view soon folks - you'll know I've gone out in a blaze of glory!
Tim.

I have had that blaze of glory moment many, many times today, the broker has put in a good performance again, a bit far away for me.

You did good today :)

I'm happy to share my day.
Spotted a nice head and shoulders on the DOW around 3.30pm and put the lot on it with a stop below the head. Turned out ok taking me close to the broker, so I closed.

I don't want to cry over spilt milk but, of course inevitably, I should have kept it open as the DOW has continued to rocket since then - with my stop area as the low of the whole day! Oh well...

I am flat now, but need 1 killer trade in the next 2 hours to make it into the 20k draw.

Here goes... :)

btb1.jpg

If the Dow goes out below the current low, the next level is 7415, the vol tomorrow could be ridiculous

Last edited:
I think tomorrow the dow will be ±500.

I wouldn't rule it out, crazy markets.

I'm not sure we're going to tank into the close tonight, the low of 7775 was a big support level in 2003, BUT if (and a big IF) it does get battered tonight like last night, then I think we could see 7500-7600 first thing. I hope not.

I'm not around now, so good luck everyone beating the broker

Ian

Yeah, I doubt dow is going to do anything exciting today... but something exciting is being setup methinks :D

Well the DOW collapsed and my chance has gone... Came within a couple of k of the broker.

Nuts.

Well done to those who beat him today.

My results today:

Sold 100 ES Dec08 @ 796.20, bought @ 771.80 = +£24,400
Sold 12 ES.Dec08 @ 786.20, bought @ 772.10 = + £1,692

Finished at £46,092.

I see CeeeVeee is a few places above me (y)

Attachments

• LeageTable.JPG
    LeageTable.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 133
system seriously sucked today. Got up to 35k 4 times each time you go to lock in, by the time the screen spins it's wheels your down a few k.

Last time it was up to 41k. time the page loaded It slipped 5k.

Glad it's not real money.

GBP/jap is only a thousand pips off its all time low since 1995. I can only go back to 1977

A thousand pips is only 2 to 3 days max at these conditions.

Scary stuff eh?

system seriously sucked today. Got up to 35k 4 times each time you go to lock in, by the time the screen spins it's wheels your down a few k.

Last time it was up to 41k. time the page loaded It slipped 5k.

Glad it's not real money.

GBP/jap is only a thousand pips off its all time low since 1995. I can only go back to 1977

A thousand pips is only 2 to 3 days max at these conditions.

Scary stuff eh?

Looks like it could be a bit of an own goal for them. It's given me a taste for trading the higher timeframes, but probably with someone like IG Index

Last edited: