Beat The Broker Compo!

"Dante you haven’t whipped it yet!"

LOOOOL

I still haven't taken out dilesh yet either haha!

I have to say there is nothing like a competition to bring out the fighting talk from me.

But fair play to you, you've done very well placing in the leaderboard every day.

First day I didn't place at all :(

Second day I came 9th

Yesterday again I didn't place. I had a cracking position but blew it all going short the FTSE in the last hour of the day, fully margined up (£1200pp) with a 25 point stop...got squeezed out almost to the tick only to then see it collapse...such is the way.

Now, today I can't compete as I am away but tomorrow I am going to bring it on.

It looks like its 2-1 to the broker (against me anyway) and if you can let me off for not being able to play today we'll see if we can get a tie tomorrow or you're the better man.

It's been excellent fun though and I've enjoyed it thoroughly. Well done to ETX for putting it on and well done for doing well to Mic Mills.

Tom

LOOOOL

I have to say there is nothing like a competition to bring out the fighting talk from me.

But fair play to you, you've done very well placing in the leaderboard every day.

Second day I came 9th

Yesterday again I didn't place. I had a cracking position but blew it all going short the FTSE in the last hour of the day, fully margined up (£1200pp) with a 25 point stop...got squeezed out almost to the tick only to then see it collapse...such is the way.

It looks like its 2-1 to the broker (against me anyway) and if you can let me off for not being able to play today we'll see if we can get a tie tomorrow or you're the better man.

It's been excellent fun though and I've enjoyed it thoroughly. Well done to ETX for putting it on and well done for doing well to Mic Mills.

Tom

:LOL: yeah im still waiting, guess we will have to wait till tommorow , viz must be taking the p!$$ :p

Yes indeed - and many apologies for my outburst which I now feel very embarrassed about, sorry Mic! I was miffed as I was about £10k ahead of you around 8.30pm last night and, having had two blow ups earlier in the day, I decided to sit tight. In doing so I missed an excellent trading opportunity which I didn't take because I knew that I had no chance of catching the top five and, if the trade went against me, I'd move down the ladder and closer to you! So, your late sprint finish completely caught me out but, hey - it's only a game - fair play to you. Excellent trading.
(y)
Tim.
(a.k.a. XtremeRisk)

It all becomes clear now, I was wondering what he was referring to.
I think he's leaving it alone though at 17:30 because he's going to the pub!!

You're doing well now though Tim, in 5th. I can't seem to make any headway and reset my account when I was losing on my FTSE, would be well onside now but thought I would speed up the process, but then didn't short the FTSE.

I think the tip is to get to 30 or 40k as soon as possible and then try and build on it.

Great start from the leaders, but you know they just load up on FTSE on the open.
I tried doing the same but missed it due to that moaning client! (see diary)

Ian

LOOOOL

Second day I came 9th

Tom

here here, seems like a nice bloke does Mic

Tom, you were crap, I really did think you had a big short and would pip me stealthlike!

I'm off today also - have to get my boobs reduced :LOL:

I think the tip is to get to 30 or 40k as soon as possible and then try and build on it.

Great start from the leaders, but you know they just load up on FTSE on the open.
I tried doing the same but missed it due to that moaning client! (see diary)
Hi Ian,
My strategy is exactly this at the start.
Step 1
Load up to the max on anything that's moving and has a tight spread. DAX daily future is my instrument of choice. If it goes against you by more than a few ticks, close out, reset the account and repeat. Do NOT change direction so, if you started out short - stay short. Sooner or later, you'll catch a top (if you're short) and the open P/L will quickly get to £5k+. My target is £10k and then I start to unwind positions, starting with the least profitable.
Step 2
Wait for a strong move away from S/R, a trendline, decade number etc. For arguments sake, let's say it's a bull move up. ('bull move up' - tautologous statement?) As it starts to lose momentum, go short. If price continues to rise, add another short position and keep going. I aim to average up (or down) £200 p/p for every £300 - £400 that price goes against me. If you've timed it right, the positions start moving into profit before your opening position gets stopped out for a loss. If you get it completely wrong and your stops are hit, taking the account below £20,000, then reset and start over.
Step3
This is the trend trading strategy outlined in my earlier post.
Forgive me for shouting, but this is important. If you're new or inexperienced, please note that this is a strategy for playing this game with virtual money. DO NOT attempt to do any of these things with real money - you'll almost certainly lose everything.
Tim.
P.S. Anyone who tries this and beats the broker AND wins the £20k prize - I want a share!

Why are there no girls in this compo...I wonder :whistling

Come on girls...show us what you've got :clap:

Anyone wanting to try my strat' - look at the DAX daily future. Price has hit resistance FIVE times today around 4260. It's probable that it'll bust through or be rejected and fall like a stone - an excellent starting point for Step 1 to get you up £10k! My guess is that it'll go higher, but I won't trade it cos I'm on to Step 2 of my strat'.
Tim.

Attachments

• DAX_Step1_&_Step2.gif
    DAX_Step1_&_Step2.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I was just thinking that we hadnt seen fannish89 in the upper echelons of the league table today :)

I'm a girl and i'm playing.

I got into the leaderboard first thing this morning- my account hit a high of £29,000 (not very impressive i know).

Since then i've blown up twice.

Still trying, convinced i'm going to catch a great big fast trend sometime soon :).

Good luck everyone.

Ugh I think I'm gonna give up for today - I put a trade on and when I get back to my desk in 30mins/1 hour later, it's moved and then reversed 2-300 points. Unfortunately I can't chart watch and today is definitely not a fire and forget day.

Ugh I think I'm gonna give up for today - I put a trade on and when I get back to my desk in 30mins/1 hour later, it's moved and then reversed 2-300 points. Unfortunately I can't chart watch and today is definitely not a fire and forget day.

I'm struggling too, not going to use sleep deprivation as an excuse, actually I am. I'm going straight to bed for 13 hours solid.

I knew it would rally to unchanged, knew it, just seemed to keep getting stopped out. Never going to win tonight but it would be nice to beat Big Bad Mic, who I have to say is doing fantastically well.

It's not easy to put yourself up on a pedestal and say "see if you can take me on"
(but I did do that the last few days and won) :D

I'm in the process of blowing up: one stop hit for -£10k and currently sitting on an £20K unrealised loss on the remainder. I bet on a breakout to the upside on the consolidation - spurred on by the sight of big bad Mic overtaking me (again!) in the league table. So, if I disappear from view soon folks - you'll know I've gone out in a blaze of glory!
Tim.

I don't give a **** about the competiton given all the money I made today :D

P.S. I qm sober

P.P.S. If anyone wants to trade on my behalf, my password is 'wanker'

I got ahead of the broker, and was waiting to see if he'd stay down there, but he hopped up a couple places, so I've now done my ar$e out of the league table trying to play catchup.