Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

picked up some relative strength from 3pm on, sd, but still weak on the day unless there's a late spurt.

Barjon we seem to be returning to normality pivots working and EURUSD and 10yr triggers and pivots working, easy times are back

Barjon, check FTSE performance after BP hits support 417 over past months.

I have FTSE exactly inline with Dow, but 25ish below SP500cash

i think we should rename this thread ....how about "anyone lurking the ftse thread" .....we seem to have very few good posters but a great many lurkers...frustrating :(

well, some people think "Nah, what do I know..." and keep quiet

others simply don't want to share, they just want to take from others

there can be other reasons, too.

from my point of view only, not speaking for anyone else, I am not a good writer in general and also can't spend more time on the forum due to being at work / at home with kids. I do appreciate comments / analysis by others, though.

For now, my opinion is that DJIA will get to at least around 12850 this week, DAX 7185, FTSE 5775, S&P 1385 (all cash), but this opinion can change any time. This is based on recent highs. I would be buying retracements (if any). Perhaps someone will find this useful.

picked up some relative strength from 3pm on, sd, but still weak on the day unless there's a late spurt.

late spurt there was - traded +13 relative to dow in last half hour. -40 weak at 9am (from Friday ftse close) then +30 strong by end of day - I'm getting real fond of these pair trades :)

There could be a bit more in it this evening. The daily chart shows a huge move though, so am sitting on my hands for now having banked a very decent day. Note4 how the fib levels on the daily chart have dictated the decline of the last few days-weeks

Attachments

• ^SP500 (Daily)  25_06_2012 - 19_11_2012.jpg
    ^SP500 (Daily) 25_06_2012 - 19_11_2012.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 137
seems the news was leaked to big players who ramped up the Euro to take most retail stops (~1.2808) out

Hi Samirs

Going to be a wild day.
RBA mins and BOJ in the Asian day.
And European markets reaction later to the French downgrade.

Add
Short the ASX at the moment, if we can clear 4375, should open 4360/65
Very tempting to short the FTSE at 5732 at the moment.

Last edited:
Hi bustech

what do you think of dow futures / es. - worth a short here or likley to float higher through the night.

Can't see it floating higher(30 down at the moment) in Asia.

Hong Kong could pull them down a bit more.

BOJ press conference will be the big mover for DOW futures (anybodys guess).

Good Morning All...............

Holding Shorts Overnight. Dax minor Onside and FTSE/Cac marginally off.........

Pei Mei
I noticed you on the thread the other day and this morning. You're linked to Thailand with that Handle........??

Morning jungerns, SD and all
BHP +1.11%
RIO +1.36%
ASX +0.60%
All playing catch from DOW and FTSE strong lead.
Most Asian markets up.

and nowwww its dull

meh

hesitated when it was around 00s and didn't buy. Not looking great to trade now, might call it a day.

I thought that Downgrading had occured at 22.00 last night SD......??

Or has Fitch joined in as well ?? It surged upwards although retracted somewhat now.

old news, heard them talking about it on CNBC,

for big hedge funds this euro debt crisis is like shooting fish in a barrel, go long german bunds and short a basket of the periphery, its amazing to think periphery used to trade close to german bunds