Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

old news, heard them talking about it on CNBC,

for big hedge funds this euro debt crisis is like shooting fish in a barrel, go long german bunds and short a basket of the periphery, its amazing to think periphery used to trade close to german bunds

It's amazing to think we ever though it was a good idea to put them in with the Germans/UK....what did they expect would happen at the next recession

For now, my opinion is that DJIA will get to at least around 12850 this week, DAX 7185, FTSE 5775, S&P 1385 (all cash), but this opinion can change any time. This is based on recent highs. I would be buying retracements (if any). Perhaps someone will find this useful.

Morning,

OK, S&P got to 1385 yesterday already, wondering whether others will follow.

In the meantime, DAX morning gap close trade.

Attachments

• dax20112012.jpg
    dax20112012.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 172
I only trade the first hour - hour and a half and sometimes the US session. Days like this I just rack up 2tick losses till I'm down

you trading from oz?

I only trade the first hour - hour and a half and sometimes the US session. Days like this I just rack up 2tick losses till I'm down

you trading from oz?

No from UK normally.........

I put the new Avatar up in honour of Bustech........:D

No from UK normally.........

I put the new Avatar up in honour of Bustech........:D

Quite appropriate since the 9am bustech gave a little pop, but not lasted long.

late on parade this morning, so belated greetings to all

Thanks guys.
I will have word with the FTSE and see what we can arrange at 9am on Wednesday.:LOL:

Looking at the DAX, I'm going long here, for a push to R2 at 7167 FTSE will at least make 5732

a french downgrade would normally cause markets to plummet yet now it is not even news.

imo Bullish market but no one wants buy cuz of the news. What I think will happen is that the US will open, they don't give a **** about euro news, they'll bid it up and we'll get.our rally.

imo Bullish market but no one wants buy cuz of the news. What I think will happen is that the US will open, they don't give a **** about euro news, they'll bid it up and we'll get.our rally.

who would want to be short going into the fiscal cliff talks, so market has bias to go higher. also must have massive buy stops above here

I suppose I am one of the lurkers on the board so will give my current trades. I went short yesterday on the FTSE and am 70 points down at minimum stake. I intended to close at 20 points down but instead hedged on DOW at minimum stakes and got sixty points back at half FTSE stake. Today I have hedged twice on DAX and got 15 points on a spike early on and another 12 points recently. So overall down the
equiv. of about 10 points. Will await DOW opening for any further trades.

Ian

I suppose I am one of the lurkers on the board so will give my current trades. I went short yesterday on the FTSE and am 70 points down at minimum stake. I intended to close at 20 points down but instead hedged on DOW at minimum stakes and got sixty points back at half FTSE stake. Today I have hedged twice on DAX and got 15 points on a spike early on and another 12 points recently. So overall down the

Ian

hi ian

i like the hedging tactic - man after my own heart :) - and it works better when ftse is trading weak against dow (in your trade).

Ian

thanks for commenting, and great how you have traded out of an adverse trade.