Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

yesterday the video of gillard tripping and falling face first into the grass might be symbolic of what is going to happen to the Australian economy

AUS GDP is 3.7 take out mining and still comes in at 3.1
Mining still only the 5th biggest sector y/y

AUS GDP is 3.7 take out mining and still comes in at 3.1
Mining still only the 5th biggest sector y/y

growth financed by a housing bubble, i read/watch a lot of what professor steve keen says. he is very bearish on Australian economy. is the Aus gov debt yield curve inverted

s&p got it's 1460 but now it needs to hold ...this could lead the rest if it ticks below this level i think ...dow seems to have shown it's cards at long last ...everything looks a bit toppy:)

china seems to have gone green ...still watching2120

Last edited:
We are maybe at the top, but still we have Oct 23 Apple launching new products , epad mini, and Oct 24 announcing earnings. That could be the turning point. Hopefully :)

no momentum yet from dollar index, had it past two days maybe three

eurusd needs to stay above 3090, to suport ftse at levels curently

Morning SD.
Although a contrarian, I think it is possible.we may see new tops.

the obvious thing to do would be look for a short near previous dow highs.

the market will go to the place to cause the greatest pain for the most people

and it may also spike a little higher ... :)

yep its hard to say, i am down to hour by hour analysis.

FTSE on wednesdays close was 100% bullish, but i have read that volumes are very low around these levels in US indices.

Dow 77% bullish
SP500 is 100% bullish

yep its hard to say, i am down to hour by hour analysis.

FTSE on wednesdays close was 100% bullish, but i have read that volumes are very low around these levels in US indices.

Dow 77% bullish
SP500 is 100% bullish

The fund managers will unload silently what they can, to lock profits for the year following the latest rally, and then will come the correction.

The fund managers will unload silently what they can, to lock profits for the year following the latest rally, and then will come the correction.

i thought most fund managers are passive longs. and must stay long in fear of under performing

IBM did weigh on the DOW yesterday taking over 60 points off the DOW.
Also the bomb scare shook the traders, would upset anyone trading.

i thought most fund managers are passive longs. and must stay long in fear of under performing

mornin'

they have a legal commitment to be x% invested, so they've got to buy if the money is rolling in whether they think it's a good idea or not. Similarly, if the money's being taken out, they've got to sell even if they are convinced the market is going to sky rocket.

mornin'

they have a legal commitment to be x% invested, so they've got to buy if the money is rolling in whether they think it's a good idea or not. Similarly, if the money's being taken out, they've got to sell even if they are convinced the market is going to sky rocket.

morning barjon,

their buying causes monthly distortions in the market, prices being strongest when the dumb money is buying., 7 days before the end of the month is best time to get long