Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Just now hedged the Dax short with a little bit of US30

This market is going higher. It digests all bad or good news.

Possible the peak will be next week. Oct 23 Apple announces new products and at 24 earnings.

Just now hedged the Dax short with a little bit of US30

This market is going higher. It digests all bad or good news.

Possible the peak will be next week. Oct 23 Apple announces new products and at 24 earnings.

Zero further entries from me at this time. Have had a great run over last 3 months. Off to the trouble and strife saturday so away for couple of weeks. Still got the Cac short open for now............

Last edited:
mornin' guys

ftse opened +25 strong vs dow (lucky I closed that pair last night) and has traded -5 weak since. Probably won't trade a pair since out and about today, If ftse corrects by trading weak you'll get more bang for your buck if you fancy a long by doing it on dow or, if you fancy a short, doing it on ftse.

When you look back in 2008, the US dollar plunged with the equities indexes.
But for the past months, it has been a good indication

Last edited:
i am trying to calculate equivalent level for ftse if dow gets to 13600/660 (closing/intraday resistance)

Last edited:
FTSE longs are safe while SP500 dec remains above 1448.54 for next 25mins

UK jobs data out 5 mins ago not moved markets

Where are we going today SD.........??

Edited-apologies didn't notice your previous post

when market is way above pivots indicates extreme technical strength, todays pivots were 5866/62

check the 3 month chart of FTSE biggest stock HSBA

i am trying to calculate equivalent level for ftse if dow gets to 13600/660 (closing/intraday resistance)

From 5882

13600 = 5921

13660 = 5980

Numbers from my spreadsheet.

I have DR3 @ 5969

In September when DOW was 13600 and above, FTSE was around current level 5886.

thanks barjon, that may be good level to short if dow remains below 13600/13660. expecially if you use VIX trigger

The best scenario for me if DOW goes that way is for FTSE to be full of enthusiasm and outpace the DOW rise and if the DOW turns FTSE will likely come down with a bump.

Alternatively if FTSE follows DOW up reluctantly then if DOW turns FTSE will probably hold up quite well realtively and any short would be best on DOW.

In either case it's the DOW that'll decide it and maybe that's where to look for a signal?

SP500 dec, hourly bull level is 1449.07 we are above that as of 10:30 FTSE is 5882

this was nice bullish signal,

BP +3% watch 450 big resistance and yearly fib retracement level (last 448)

no ex divi's ? this wednesday

highest ftse close over 6 months was 5917 (14 sept) approx one month ago

thanks Bustech, check your spreadsheet.

13600-13660 = 60pts
5980-5921 = 59pts

should this be less than half?

Sorry mate
Should be 5899 and 5925
Was adding DOW variance into the FTSE.

I know Dick would like the 5980.

Also straight after the DOW close with the IBM result, DOW dropped 40 points in a few mins.
Could this weigh at the open?