Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

ftse takes out aug highs

or we on wave 4 ...10 min chart?

the real thing can't open up here can it? ftse is -24 weak against dow since the close and I'm in a quandry. If I wait for the open tomorrow it's likely to be mayhem for a bit and difficult to get filled - on the other hand I want to be long ftse/short dow and if I do it tonight "real" ftse open might well kill me.

Charles Biderman might be right now.
Last move for the DOW and FED.

Charles Biderman, and his "facebook liquidity vacuum" he uses sound methodology to read markets, the float,

also uses real time "payroll with holding" to know what the real labour market is doing rather than stalinist lies of Comrade Obamanski

Four legs good, two legs bad.

good night, until tomorrow.

or bustech , it might be good morning. bye

the real thing can't open up here can it? ftse is -24 weak against dow since the close and I'm in a quandry. If I wait for the open tomorrow it's likely to be mayhem for a bit and difficult to get filled - on the other hand I want to be long ftse/short dow and if I do it tonight "real" ftse open might well kill me.

no idea bj....you lost me.....but ideally another new high soon

ftse takes out aug highs

or we on wave 4 ...10 min chart?

Way I count it, I'd be looking for Wave 4 on 4hr or 2hr chart as it would be easier to spot there as a pullback 23-38%. Wave 3 is pretty clearly the powerful surge while I think Wave 1 was the chop. This is Elliot count within 4 hr count of this Wave 3 move (taken as a whole).

I was expecting a bear move on the 4hr chart before 5933 was reached (still pretty sure thereabouts will be the resistance level) but I suppose the trend could still continue powerfully over 4hrs and the 4th wave only begin at that price.

no idea bj....you lost me.....but ideally another new high soon

sorry, DL, I lost myself too :LOL:

Basically I can't see "real" ftse opening 70 up so it's likely that SB price will drop to reflect the "real" open and that's where I'd like to get in anticipating ftse to play catch up (or trade strong against the dow whether it does or not). So the plan is an early ftse long if that scenario plays out - hedged with a dow short if it goes wrong in anticipation of ftse trading relatively strong vs dow to compensate for this evening's relative weakness.

gonna be fun in the morning if all this holds. ftse over 60 up on its close yet trailing dow by -20.

roll the drums - will ftse really open 60 higher!! if not there's gonna be catching up to do .All assuming this euphoria holds 'til dow close of course.

"TIME TO LIQUIDATE AND RETIRE" thats what Im hearing

The 10 minute looks like it is drawing a 'flat' to go with the 'sharp'.

I call that a zig-zag rather than a Wave 2 as it only retraces 38% from trend origin, as I require Wave 1s to retrace at least 61% for a Wave 2. So I think Wave 1 began (10 minute chart) 15:40-15:50 on 12/09/12.

What we have in the impulse Wave 3 are 2 zig-zags. Multiple zig-zags can occur if the best Elliot wave resolution is on a higher timechart.

sorry, DL, I lost myself too :LOL:

Basically I can't see "real" ftse opening 70 up so it's likely that SB price will drop to reflect the "real" open and that's where I'd like to get in anticipating ftse to play catch up (or trade strong against the dow whether it does or not). So the plan is an early ftse long if that scenario plays out - hedged with a dow short if it goes wrong in anticipation of ftse trading relatively strong vs dow to compensate for this evening's relative weakness.

the FTSE only needs to print 5840 in market and were probably going to open around that early double or tripple bounce 820 to 840s area then a short position before 1pm and holding through monday but thats just my thoughts

Charles Biderman, and his "facebook liquidity vacuum" he uses sound methodology to read markets, the float,

also uses real time "payroll with holding" to know what the real labour market is doing rather than stalinist lies of Comrade Obamanski

Four legs good, two legs bad.

good night, until tomorrow.

or bustech , it might be good morning. bye

Se Ya SD

Tea and toast time.

The 10 minute looks like it is drawing a 'flat' to go with the 'sharp'.

I call that a zig-zag rather than a Wave 2 as it only retraces 38% from trend origin, as I require Wave 1s to retrace at least 61% for a Wave 2. So I think Wave 1 began (10 minute chart) 15:40-15:50 on 12/09/12.

What we have in the impulse Wave 3 are 2 zig-zags. Multiple zig-zags can occur if the best Elliot wave resolution is on a higher timechart.

all a bit complicated for me et but i think wave three on the 4 hr looks a bit small so a new high to fix ...otherwise weakness....but hey ho

all a bit complicated for me et.....

Hell he lost me weeks ago !! Far too Technical for me but if he's pulling points than objective met.......

Have shorted the Cac few minutes prior to close at 3548.......

Wide stop and looking for Gap down.......

the FTSE only needs to print 5840 in market and were probably going to open around that early double or tripple bounce 820 to 840s area then a short position before 1pm and holding through monday but thats just my thoughts

And it's a brave man to knock your thinking, DC :) If the pair is in play FTSE can sink like the Titanic for all I care as long as DOW plumbs even greater depths - that's the advantage of the pair. Don't have worry about direction.

Hell he lost me weeks ago !! Far too Technical for me but if he's pulling points than objective met.......

Have shorted the Cac few minutes prior to close at 3548.......

Wide stop and looking for Gap down.......

Bad call.........!!