Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Excellent call yoursef SD when you asked if anyone long on FTSE and I said definately not...........
Hope you cashed in.....

yes, the markets were above their buy pivots. so generally strong.

Also US 10yr 1.8% thats awesome huge. money leaving safety

I still think FTSE to 5933.

you could see dc's move with the inverse head and shoulder pattern on the 38% line. I also now have channels (because I just learned how to draw them: in bear trend, bear candle to bear candle, then stick with the lines as the price fluctuates) and the price left the channel and retested and rejected it before it took off.

Dow pivots Thursday

Buy 13,337
Sell 13,331

Dow has gone up 116 pts above buy pivot, but dow whipsawing around buy pivot cost 38pts so hard work, not clean buy entry

market has now moved 158pts above buy pivot, less the 38 possibly lost on the messy entry

Last edited:
The 5 minute trendline that has been backtested a number of times doesn't meet up with 5933 until 21:00, at the same rate of advance.

Presumably it will go sideways quite a bit before reaching new highs and next time won't get near this line. Maybe it will stall over-night and then we'll reach there in the morning.

This bullish move is Elliot Wave 3 on 4hr chart. The mini-Wave 1 I was talking about earlier was within this Wave 3, but I got that wrong. Wave 1 was the earlier chop.

Below is a chart of the S&P 500 Index (SPX) and the spread or difference between 10-year and 3-month U.S. Treasury yields.

The argument is that the SPX peaks around the time that the yield spread inverts. This does not mean that stock prices can not decline in the interim but the end of the cycle tends to occur when the yield spread moves below the '0' line. ..........................
TraderPlanet Today

The 5 minute trendline that has been backtested a number of times doesn't meet up with 5933 until 21:00, at the same rate of advance.

Presumably it will go sideways quite a bit before reaching new highs and next time won't get near this line. Maybe it will stall over-night and then we'll reach there in the morning.

This bullish move is Elliot Wave 3 on 4hr chart. The mini-Wave 1 I was talking about earlier was within this Wave 3, but I got that wrong. Wave 1 was the earlier chop.

i found a website where it automates and adds elliott wave counts to a chart any good to u.

here is site http://www.tradergav.com/live-charts-2/

gonna be fun in the morning if all this holds. ftse over 60 up on its close yet trailing dow by -20.

roll the drums - will ftse really open 60 higher!! if not there's gonna be catching up to do .All assuming this euphoria holds 'til dow close of course.

gonna be fun in the morning if all this holds. ftse over 60 up on its close yet trailing dow by -20.

roll the drums - will ftse really open 60 higher!! if not there's gonna be catching up to do .All assuming this euphoria holds 'til dow close of course.

FTSE was strong relative to US indices, and went strong 15mins before the US opened,

i found a website where it automates and adds elliott wave counts to a chart any good to u.

here is site http://www.tradergav.com/live-charts-2/

Yes, interesting to compare. Only goes as low as 1 day timeframe for FTSE but I agree mostly with the count of the bullish run earlier this year, although I might have Wave 2 where they have V.

This bull run just keeps going up. It's been hugging the back of the old 5 minute trendline which was earlier broken and now it's gone over it again.

I guess I have very little experience of super-trends like this as they don't happen often and when they do it's not always at a time you can watch them.

5896 now, I suppose we could get to 5933 tonight.

FTSE was strong relative to US indices, and went strong 15mins before the US opened,

yes, the morning pair came good but i ducked out too early and could have nearly doubled the take - got a bit more with weakness into ftse close so can't complain overall

Yes, interesting to compare. Only goes as low as 1 day timeframe for FTSE but I agree mostly with the count of the bullish run earlier this year, although I might have Wave 2 where they have V.

This bull run just keeps going up. It's been hugging the back of the old 5 minute trendline which was earlier broken and now it's gone over it again.

I guess I have very little experience of super-trends like this as they don't happen often and when they do it's not always at a time you can watch them.

5896 now, I suppose we could get to 5933 tonight.

I think it might be mainly FX, can u go lower than 1day on sp500 ?