Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Sorry - had an appt this morning, so just coming on now. (Not that I missed much looking at the markets)

Yep - if you go into task manager (control-alt-delete should give you an option or right click on your taskbar.

Goto the Processes tab and sort by CPU. This will give you the name of the processes that are eating up all of your CPU.

What I would then do is a google search on each of those high processes, so you know what they are in the future. If they are not necessary, highlight them and click on 'End Process'.

Typically, if you have high CPU usages, it is because you have a lot of things running in the background and I would suspect that you don't need that many.

Hope this helps.

Hi begeegs

in my old pc I would go into the "system.ini" program and switch it to custom rather than automatic so that programs could not start them selves on start,

Just wondering if we could get a market crash today with the FED meeting.

earlier I was thinking 5749 - the 38% retrace - then up. I had a sell order early today at 5787 because I have been expecting a bear move. Removed it though because I thought it would be sharper and the drop to have occurred already. it has reversed from 5787 a bit though if we don't reach 5749 in the next 5 minutes then I'm confused.

Hello all, btw. Not posted much this week.

I've tried to trade for actual money this week but failed -14.

-14 from 12 trades. 5 were losses the rest I closed at 0 or tiny gains. It took me about 11 car tests before I got my driver's licence. on the first day I did manage to execute my strategy once, for 4 points though.

Am sure others are getting the same news out of Squawk boxes but just in case tensions are rising in the Middle East and not between Israel and Iran but in connection with the murder of the American Ambassador yesterday..............
The guy I'm listening to has repeated he will not refer to it again before ongoing news is on the wires, and then promptly does............

Maybe others know more.......??

Hi begeegs

in my old pc I would go into the "system.ini" program and switch it to custom rather than automatic so that programs could not start them selves on start,

You can do that too or usually right-click on programs in the corner and they usually have an option to run-on start up.

Also there are start ups in the registry as well, but we don't need to go there just yet. :D

You can do that too or usually right-click on programs in the corner and they usually have an option to run-on start up.

Also there are start ups in the registry as well, but we don't need to go there just yet. :D

it prevented virus and made PC run like lightening, many programs load on startup automatically even things u do not use.

it prevented virus and made PC run like lightening, many programs load on startup automatically even things u do not use.

Yeah - I know. When I go home and see my parent's computer, I am usually amazed that anything works at all because they have so much crap running on it.

Yeah - I know. When I go home and see my parent's computer, I am usually amazed that anything works at all because they have so much crap running on it.

i had a program called "analyze this" whih in 5 seconds scanned , then produced a log which u could have analysed on various websites. pretty good program, the startup/system ini by going to custom startup, u prevent any virus from loading up and one does load up during normal use, restarting pc will mean it wont restart.

ie you control what is allowed to automatically load on startup

Interesting Email just came through (delayed as not fully subscribed) from FTSE Trader who's opening comments are quite interesting reference QE..........

To QE or not to QE that is the question (again!) | FTSE Day Trader - Day Trading the FTSE 100

Just read that. similar to my view of today. he has it more up first before the drop, and then he's inclined to believe the drop will not rebound, where as I think it's game on after that (- at least if the week closes up too). I could have up to 5795 and down to 5749 and then up from there. my original view was 5787 and down to 5749 and up from there. so flat at the moment I'm finding it very hard.

Just read that. similar to my view of today. he has it more up first before the drop, and then he's inclined to believe the drop will not rebound, where as I think it's game on after that (- at least if the week closes up too). I could have up to 5795 and down to 5749 and then up from there. my original view was 5787 and down to 5749 and up from there. so flat at the moment I'm finding it very hard.

et I know you were on Demo previously but did you use ETX to go live.........??
I ask because I checked it out after your recommendation and am suitably impressed although their overnight Dax and FTSE figures appear skewed to me,compared to the real market.........
However they fall back in line at 0800 so no real issue.....

phew, glad that's past :LOL: - sorry for tinkering with your 13999 post DL.

Still in the 10:00am at 5774, no oomph about though so just hedged with dow at 13337 to make it a pair trade.

closed them now +10 net

et I know you were on Demo previously but did you use ETX to go live.........??
I ask because I checked it out after your recommendation and am suitably impressed although there overnight Dax and FTSE figures appear skewed to me,compared to the real market.........
However they fall back in line at 0800 so no real issue.....

Yes, ETX. My handle here is a coincidence btw, it's a handle that I had before I joined here. I like their intrade feature, where the trading ticket is in the window of the chart, so you can precisely time entry whilst looking at the chart. Doesn't make you a better trader or more decisive though.

Edit: I'm not aware of an ETX demo account. I just paper traded. Still am, I think.

Last edited:
Sorry - had an appt this morning, so just coming on now. (Not that I missed much looking at the markets)

Yep - if you go into task manager (control-alt-delete should give you an option or right click on your taskbar.

Goto the Processes tab and sort by CPU. This will give you the name of the processes that are eating up all of your CPU.

What I would then do is a google search on each of those high processes, so you know what they are in the future. If they are not necessary, highlight them and click on 'End Process'.

Typically, if you have high CPU usages, it is because you have a lot of things running in the background and I would suspect that you don't need that many.

Hope this helps.

thanks begeegs, i have had a look and the only three things with high usage are ...semonkey which is my browser but it doesn't seem to use much and pluin-container.exe which seem to be needed for firfox...it uses a lot sometimes 100%...everything else is 00-10 ....except system idle process 00- 70 approx