Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

well done to bj .....:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• bjwins.gif
    bjwins.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 137
@EdMatts

The Spiral Analogy on EURJPY has just produced another 500 pip return. Now looking for 1000 pips.Video update on

Just wondering if we could get a market crash today with the FED meeting.

anything possible I suppose, but I was reading somewhere that the institutions (funds) are awash with money at the moment and therefore duty bound to be buying whether they think it's a good idea or not.

what time do we get the news?

dax volume up 6th 7th 12th

post 14013 and counting

Today, traders will want to pay careful attention to the FOMC Statement, set to be release at 16:30 GMT. US economic indicators have largely come in below their forecasted levels in recent weeks, leading to an increase in speculations that the Fed will need to take steps to boost the US economy. With a number of analysts predicting that the Fed will announce those steps today, traders can anticipate heavy market volatility during the afternoon session. Should the Fed announce a new round of quantitative easing, the dollar could extend its recent losses.

anything possible I suppose, but I was reading somewhere that the institutions (funds) are awash with money at the moment and therefore duty bound to be buying whether they think it's a good idea or not.

From Dom Pickard

UROPEAN OUTLOOK

An indication of further monetary intervention from the Federal Reserve is widely expected today. Indeed, risky assets in the US and in Europe may have been discounting this for some weeks. And yet, I do not necessarily think that further monetary easing is already fully in the price. The markets rallied hard from around Ben Bernanke’s August 2010 hint that more money-printing was on its way, right up until the formal announcement came in November 2010. After an initial pullback, stocks continued to gain well into the first half of 2011.

From a technical perspective, I continue to prefer the look of the DAX to the FTSE, despite the former now registering overbought readings on its weekly, daily and intraday charts. I also think EURGBP and GBPUSD have further to travel on the upside.

bebeegs, my computer is ok ish today but my task manager says the cpu is running 100% a lot of the time is this normal? any tests i can do?
thanks for your help

Sorry - had an appt this morning, so just coming on now. (Not that I missed much looking at the markets)

Yep - if you go into task manager (control-alt-delete should give you an option or right click on your taskbar.

Goto the Processes tab and sort by CPU. This will give you the name of the processes that are eating up all of your CPU.

What I would then do is a google search on each of those high processes, so you know what they are in the future. If they are not necessary, highlight them and click on 'End Process'.

Typically, if you have high CPU usages, it is because you have a lot of things running in the background and I would suspect that you don't need that many.

Hope this helps.

Anyone here actually trade the economic news? I'd be interested to know how successful you are at it. I have been experimenting with breakout trading when this happens to varying degrees of success depending on the announcement.