Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning SD

What are keltner channels.

No more stimulus from China, reason for AUD fall

from stockcharts

Keltner Channels are volatility-based envelopes set above and below an exponential moving average. This indicator is similar to Bollinger Bands, which use the standard deviation to set the bands. Instead of using the standard deviation, Keltner Channels use the Average True Range (ATR) to set channel distance. The channels are typically set two Average True Range values above and below the 20-day EMA. The exponential moving average dictates direction and the Average True Range sets channel width. Keltner Channels are a trend following indicator used to identify reversals with channel breakouts and channel direction. Channels can also be used to identify overbought and oversold levels when the trend is flat.

In his 1960 book, How to Make Money in Commodities, Chester Keltner introduced the "Ten-Day Moving Average Trading Rule", which is credited as the original version of Keltner Channels. This original version started with a 10-day SMA of the typical price {(H+L+C)/3)} as the centerline. The 10-day SMA of the High-Low range was added and subtracted to set the upper and lower channel lines. Linda Bradford Raschke introduced the newer version of Keltner Channels in the 1980s. Like Bollinger Bands, this new version used a volatility based indicator, Average True Range (ATR), to set channel width. StockCharts.com uses this newer version of Keltner Channels.

aussie trader with AUD bias, has nice chart with good functions, even has automated Elliott waves

http://www.tradergav.com/live-charts-2/

VVIX the volatility of Volatility is great for finding highs/lows in indices.

i am not post 14,000

Attachments

• vvux.png
    vvux.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
go on samirs ...you know you want it

come on someone - i'm in the 10:00am - 5774 - and can't post it use a mod trick

well done sd ....soloquans girl friends is all your:)

phew, glad that's past :LOL: - sorry for tinkering with your 13999 post DL.

Still in the 10:00am at 5774, no oomph about though so just hedged with dow at 13337 to make it a pair trade.

phew, glad that's past :LOL: - sorry for tinkering with your 13999 post DL.

Still in the 10:00am at 5774, no oomph about though so just hedged with dow at 13337 to make it a pair trade.

well done Barjon u are post 14,000. I hope you and Solquan's "girl friend" enjoy yourselves until post #15,000

Twitter incoming feeds are roughly 50/50 on QE being announced.........
Am a little surprised as would have said myself 80-20 in favour.