Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Okay, 'out' at 5750 for a quick +6.

Today: +3, +6, -1, -1, +6.

Edit: Sometime earlier I mentioned a first get out target of 5763 possibly on the way to 5789, to be decided when it gets to 5763.

It duly halted a little bit at 5763. Not shorting though. if my 5789 is incorrect I may be able to tell on the pullback.

There is an article on marketwatch with title "To QE or not ? Fed lacks consensus to act" due possibly to Romnei.
On the other hand QE3 would give a boost to Obama.
One thing is sure, that hype will drive the market (in my opinion higher) till Friday.

thanks zorbas

I've taken 11.6 points on 1 long trade. Better than all that work, yresterday.

Now I have to get a decent signal, one way or the other, on the 2H, before I enter again.

All the way back to 5747... and then resistance turns to support. Well, that usually happens. Even if it's a retest within a high timeframe bearish breakout there ought to be some support there.

I've taken 11.6 points on 1 long trade. Better than all that work, yresterday.

Well done. I 'got' +6. If I had believed in my own method, would have got +19, because I called the 5763.

I presume as I get more confident I will be more comfortable letting breakouts run to the most obvious resistance/support area, rather than get shaken out by the minor ones en-route.

What are you guys using for a trading platform? I am using Open Ecry and it is good, but based in the US. So I was searching for something more favorable for commission rates (if there is such a thing).

On the 5 minute - looks like a Gap Test at the mo - 5 bear bars and then more down? Anyway, going to stay flat until the US comes online.

Edit - Jeesh - I was wrong..Spike!!!

Last edited:
Well done. I 'got' +6. If I had believed in my own method, would have got +19, because I called the 5763.

I presume as I get more confident I will be more comfortable letting breakouts run to the most obvious resistance/support area, rather than get shaken out by the minor ones en-route.

Taking profits does no harm, IMO, when that happens. If you look at the 2H chart, which I am using as a quide for entry points, today, at least. It seems clearer, to me, that from where I got out to where it is now, may only be a pullback. If it breaks above the previous bar high It may well go higher. In any case, the zone 65-70 may decide me to go either way, it isn't clear to me, yet, because the present price is stuck around the averages. If this happens too late in the afternoon, I'll leave it all until tomorrow.

murder:(

bit of vol around 560 tho

I'm surprised FTSE has only gone to 5750. Thought it would go 5747 as 5750 is a bit too far above where I thought the S/R zone would be. This one looks phony. Looking at the 10 min chart, doesn't seem to be any support at 50% line.

I'm erring on side it will go to c5747 or perhaps a bit lower then go up again as that would be the real support/resistance region.

ok jungerns go for it:)

Dick....

I run 3 Platforms and each has a slight difference in listings however the set I use for reference each and every time is as below listed from Top to Bottom.....

DAX Rolling daily
CAC Rolling daily
Wall St Rolling daily
GBP/USD Rolling Daily
Gold Rolling Daily
Hong Kong Rolling Daily
Nikkei Rolling Daily
FTSE Rolling Daily

Now there is or was absolutely no reason for the order they are in.....
That is purely coincidental....

Now I take any Indices trades from looking at these markets at any time of the day. As they have been in that order for a long time you begin to see patterns repeat themselves.......

I look at no charts whatsoever other than being aware of current and previous days highs and lows.....

I dont trade Forex (anymore) off my own back. In fact I have 2 forex trades open since May 2012 still negative which when hopefully return to positive territory will be closed.....

I look on trading as an Apprenticeship which needs 4 years or more to begin to understand Markets......

In addition I use the Complimentary Squawk Box on one of the SB providers alongside having Bloomberg running in the background as well...

No charts whatsoever.......

I have in addition an unfunded Pro Spreads account which whilst I may well utilise shortly, doesn't follow the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) so am in no hurry.....(y)

Used the 10-30 min timeframe rather than 1 min so I expected volatility around 5747, to be represented by a flag on 1 min chart.

We just got a new 1 min high after making a new low so I'm 'in' on the pullback from the high 5745.

Used the 10-30 min timeframe rather than 1 min so I expected volatility around 5747, to be represented by a flag on 1 min chart.

We just got a new 1 min high after making a new low so I'm 'in' on the pullback from the high 5745.

Is it a 1 Point Spread on that Platform you use...??

Is it a 1 Point Spread on that Platform you use...??

yes.

Right now it would be a 2 point spread after 4:30. but I'm practising with 1 point.

Dropped to 5740. It gapped down so I didn't have time to 'exit' (delete the line) so I kept it. Then reclaimed up to 5746 and I got out. I can't say how I would have acted for sure if it was real money. I probably would have cut it for a loss about -2.

yes.

Right now it would be a 2 point spread after 4:30. but I'm practising with 1 point.

Dropped to 5740. It gapped down so I didn't have time to 'exit' (delete the line) so I kept it. Then reclaimed up to 5746 and I got out. I can't say how I would have acted for sure if it was real money. I probably would have cut it for a loss about -2.

You might want to consider using Capital Spreads or one of its white Labels which are 1 Point spread through to 21.00 on FTSE CAC and DAX.....

I'm surprised FTSE has only gone to 5750. Thought it would go 5747 as 5750 is a bit too far above where I thought the S/R zone would be. This one looks phony. Looking at the 10 min chart, doesn't seem to be any support at 50% line.

I'm erring on side it will go to c5747 or perhaps a bit lower then go up again as that would be the real support/resistance region.

i'm not scalping et i go at a much slower rate than you... s&p/dax seem to be hanging round key areas... ftse seems to be lagging so not convinced either way at the mo.....

You might want to consider using Capital Spreads or one of its white Labels which are 1 Point spread through to 21.00 on FTSE CAC and DAX.....

Thanks for the tip. the etx charts are awesome though. I originally did not like them but I've changed my mind now.

For one thing, you can customize colour of the candle sticks. They also have an in trade feature where you can have the trade ticker laid over the graph so you can use it while looking at the chart.