Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

yes i think you mentioned your 40 trades bofore...sorry i just forgot...your s/r levels look spot on to me...i was just a bit worried you were paper trading and hadn't experienced all the other stuff that comes with live trading ...

Thanks for the compliment.

Definitely have traded. Many various indicator correlation strategies. Another thing that happened when I traded live is I suddenly start to change strategy or do novel things. Started drawing lines, channels and things. This didn't help settle the nerves, of course. :D

Hope you dont mind me commenting again but I think you make it all to difficult for yourself.......

Twice in the last two weeks I've predicted the next high and low it will reach after. One of the times I predicted the imminent drop, the price it was going to rebound and the price it would reach on the rebound.

You need multiple timeframe analysis to do this. Wheels within wheels. Trends within trends.

If the scalping tactics are giving you headaches switch to longer frame trades or scalp only in the direction you believe the Index will eventually go.....??

You are right here I think. This is where I went wrong earlier. I should have analysed the pullback at a higher timeframe, where it would have been more obvious the retracement would have to go beyond 61%, nearer 100%.

Also I have another methodology at a higher timeframe that could have told me the price was going lower than 5747 but I chose to ignored it because signals can fake against the upper winds, which in this case I assumed to be bullish.

Now, I was clearly wrong to assume fakes would occur without properly analysing the chart to see if the 'fake' level would make sense in relation to S/R. I failed to do this earlier because I didn't check a high enough timeframe.

This timing strategy I'm using is perhaps useful at higher timeframe too, and perhaps is preferable in some instances to the other trend methodology which perhaps should assist this one.

This one being = Fib drawn from range low/high to breakout high/low. continues at Fib line (38 - 100%) in line with an S/R level or gap just above one.

so sell off unless bernanke announces something spectacular

Will have to be pretty spectacular to move these Markets.......Nothing less than a full blown admission that QE is on the cards, or markets will drop like a stone as this is all thats keeping them at current levels.....

so sell off unless bernanke announces something spectacular

I also think that the market will be hyped higher as I said earlier today in a post.
Possibly late Friday we will see the top.

It is doubtful that Bernanke will announce anything spectacular. It is less possible that he will announce a new round of bond buying, possibly he will be consumed in promises and possible actions, and given that QE is already priced in the market, this will lead in a sell off.

My opinion of course.

Z.

Will have to be pretty spectacular to move these Markets.......Nothing less than a full blown admission that QE is on the cards, or markets will drop like a stone as this is all thats keeping them at current levels.....

i read on a website that the fed targets the 5 year break even inflation rate when deciding qe/other measures.

qe is giving risk free profits to the bond holders and robbing savers.

I did want Nasdaq to be a bit higher so I think I'll leave shorting anything overnight,. Tomorrow is another day.

i read on a website that the fed targets the 5 year break even inflation rate when deciding qe/other measures.

qe is giving risk free profits to the bond holders and robbing savers.

There is a high probability that nothing will move before the elections. Romney publicly declared that he will replace Bernanke and he is against QE.

do they all follow each other? check out the ihs on 10min sp/dax/ft

sp..keen
dax..middle of road
ftse..can't be ar*ed

I don't very much use TA except sometime I look at MACD to time the trade entries.

If the DOW closes up tonight, then it is possible that tomorrow will be an UP day for everybody.

I also think that the market will be hyped higher as I said earlier today in a post.
Possibly late Friday we will see the top.

It is doubtful that Bernanke will announce anything spectacular. It is less possible that he will announce a new round of bond buying, possibly he will be consumed in promises and possible actions, and given that QE is already priced in the market, this will lead in a sell off.

My opinion of course.

Z.

you think qe is priced in? that's interesting i was thinking that was what the market was waiting for:rolleyes:

:LOL: can i borrow yours....so what do you think will happen tomorrow

well it'll start off in the morning and then ha ha ....you know the rest mate

total guess ...more downside 5700 .... big spike.... lots volume ....big push up last day of month:cheesy:

There is a high probability that nothing will move before the elections. Romney publicly declared that he will replace Bernanke and he is against QE.

it seems a bad decision to announce you are going to replace bernanke, no upside a lot of downside

thanks...pardon my ignorance...how does that make call for FTSE 6100 great....or was that sarcastic

I would never be sarcastic to DC2000, i think he makes great calls.

If i have a view and DC2000 has a different view I would say DC2000's view trumps my own view, I wish I could learn the "taylor trading technique" its hard to grasp

it seems a bad decision to announce you are going to replace bernanke, no upside a lot of downside

Not sure where, but definitely I read it somewhere about Romney. For sure he needs to show that he can fix things.

If the markets prosper till the elections , there is nothing to fix and this will benefit Obama.

Attachments

• Jackson.jpg
    Jackson.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 102
oct 26th 2011 European leaders are holding an emergency summit in Brussels ....markets on a knife edge..

big spike ....big vol...big move up :)

Not sure where, but definitely I read it somewhere about Romney. For sure he needs to show that he can fix things.

If the markets prosper till the elections , there is nothing to fix and this will benefit Obama.

dont think Obama can win, do americans want four more years of Obama?

You know this Obama or what ever his name is , a total fraud and probably mentally ill.