Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dick....

I run 3 Platforms and each has a slight difference in listings however the set I use for reference each and every time is as below listed from Top to Bottom.....

DAX Rolling daily
CAC Rolling daily
Wall St Rolling daily
GBP/USD Rolling Daily
Gold Rolling Daily
Hong Kong Rolling Daily
Nikkei Rolling Daily
FTSE Rolling Daily

Now there is or was absolutely no reason for the order they are in.....
That is purely coincidental....

Now I take any Indices trades from looking at these markets at any time of the day. As they have been in that order for a long time you begin to see patterns repeat themselves.......

I look at no charts whatsoever other than being aware of current and previous days highs and lows.....

I dont trade Forex (anymore) off my own back. In fact I have 2 forex trades open since May 2012 still negative which when hopefully return to positive territory will be closed.....

I look on trading as an Apprenticeship which needs 4 years or more to begin to understand Markets......

In addition I use the Complimentary Squawk Box on one of the SB providers alongside having Bloomberg running in the background as well...

No charts whatsoever.......

I have in addition an unfunded Pro Spreads account which whilst I may well utilise shortly, doesn't follow the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) so am in no hurry.....(y)

thanks jungerns, no charts? that's a cool system :cool:

i remember your were trading the dax on another thread ...is that your main index?

i'm not scalping et i go at a much slower rate than you... s&p/dax seem to be hanging round key areas... ftse seems to be lagging so not convinced either way at the mo.....

Nor am I. Not giving up on 5789 but it's on the ropes.

Nor am I. Not giving up on 5789 but it's on the ropes.

et hope you don't mind me asking but have you ever experienced live trading? i remember i started for real and sweated buckets....it was a whole new game for me

I think that Nasdaq and FT could start falling today. I may short Nasdaq overnight.

Nasdaq is 20% AAPL , check the AAPL chart

Notice also that they used the AAPL earnings report to stop hunt weak bulls before the rally in AAPL, it also helped post the 5478 july 2012 lows for FTSE

et hope you don't mind me asking but have you ever experienced live trading? i remember i started for real and sweated buckets....it was a whole new game for me

Yes. 40+ live trades. No sweating. My left leg went up and down uncontrollably. Sometimes. Other times I was cool. It depended on the run up to the trade. I was nervous when I felt I had missed an opportunity - I had habit of hesitating at all the right moments - wanted to get in on the next one, but was worried if that was too late, or if this one would be fake. This is when I was using indicator strategy. According to my testing I should have been right about 70% of the time but I managed not much more than 30%. With a price strategy I need not be worried about indicators faking... I just have to make a judgement on S/R. If I get it wrong I will be wrong, not the indicator.

Yes. 40+ live trades. No sweating. My left leg went up and down uncontrollably. Sometimes. Other times I was cool. It depended on the run up to the trade. I was nervous when I felt I had missed an opportunity - I had habit of hesitating at all the right moments - wanted to get in on the next one, but was worried if that was too late, or if this one would be fake. This is when I was using indicator strategy. According to my testing I should have been right about 70% of the time but I managed not much more than 30%. With a price strategy I need not be worried about indicators faking... I just have to make a judgement on S/R. If I get it wrong I will be wrong, not the indicator.

yes i think you mentioned your 40 trades bofore...sorry i just forgot...your s/r levels look spot on to me...i was just a bit worried you were paper trading and hadn't experienced all the other stuff that comes with live trading ...

Hope you dont mind me commenting again but I think you make it all to difficult for yourself.......
If the scalping tactics are giving you headaches switch to longer frame trades or scalp only in the direction you believe the Index will eventually go.....??