Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

closed , loss of 1.5pts

I can see why you made the trade there... I have been using the ADX lately to avoid 'fake' crosses and trends though I have set the bar at 15 rather than the prescribed 20.

Attachments

• ft5.PNG
    ft5.PNG
    60.3 KB · Views: 126
Would it be a silly idea to take two trades either way @1.29pm with short stops on each?

On NFP day I just trade binaries on ftse. Obviously gonna limit your profit but also limit your losses which is crucial when you get the swings like you do. Depends how you see it... personally I wouldn't hedge like you're thinking could end up being stopped out twice which aint a nice thing. But it's your call hey.

Would it be a silly idea to take two trades either way @1.29pm with short stops on each?

Hi HTW -- Lots of people do trade this way. The basic format is 1 unit 1 direction and 2 or 3 units the other ( depending on wether your broker allows hedgeing or not ) . It then depends on how reliable your broker is , what kind of prices your going to get , slippage etc. also you need to have done your homework on past impacts of NFP on the market for what the expectation is for sl and tp's and work out if indeed it is a profitable strategy. I personally don't trade news and it's not really something that should be traded if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

On NFP day I just trade binaries on ftse. Obviously gonna limit your profit but also limit your losses which is crucial when you get the swings like you do. Depends how you see it... personally I wouldn't hedge like you're thinking could end up being stopped out twice which aint a nice thing. But it's your call hey.

There is also the possibility of not getting stopped in time if the swing is too wild unless you pay for guaranteed stop... is it 1.30 or 12.30?