Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Going to do it. I will put in a buy and a sell order with guaranteed stops just before 1.30
£7.5 per point with 4 point stops. Max loss = Gtd stop 3 each at 7.5 (45) and stop x 4 (30)

Total £75

Going to do it. I will put in a buy and a sell order with guaranteed stops just before 1.30
£7.5 per point with 4 point stops. Max loss = Gtd stop 3 each at 7.5 (45) and stop x 4 (30)

Total £75

Targets?

Also you need to be aware of people fading the spike... it could spike sharply in one direction before turning pretty damn sharpish

Total £75

beware of the whipsaw...they are all too clever to shake the markets

beware of the whipsaw...they are all too clever to shake the markets

Quite. Just been looking at the 1 min chart for the last nfp ... if I had put the order in at 1.28pm at the last red candle on the Bollinger Band I would have been stopped out by the small blue just before the drop. Will have to rethink sl.

Attachments

• spike.PNG
    spike.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 110
which reacts more to nfp ftse or dax?

"USA economic data is regularly released at 1.30pm GMT and one of these is the US non-farm payroll employment figure which is released on the first Friday of the month. The figure basically indicates the number of jobs lost or added to the USA economy. Why is this figure so significant? As labour is so important for the USA economy, unemployment levels play a key role in quantifying the strength of recovery – and can act as leading indicators of moves in interest rates, bond yields and the USA dollar. Most companies may be listed in London but FTSE 100 companies derive much of their earnings from the US. This is particularly true for the pharmaceutical, telecom and banking companies that dominate the index. Therefore it should come as no surprise that the state of the US economy can move markets in the UK. One of the key indicators of the US economy is the non-farm payroll employment figure, which is announced on the first Friday of each month. Because it is issued promptly at 8:30 AM Eastern standard Time, the figure comes out when markets are open on both sides of the Atlantic, which ensures plenty of interest."

Quite. Just been looking at the 1 min chart for the last nfp ... if I had put the order in at 1.28pm at the last red candle on the Bollinger Band I would have been stopped out by the small blue just before the drop. Will have to rethink sl.

If you're spread betting maybe try binaries. I hardly ever trade on a Friday but like NFP as it generally gives me my beer money for the weekend. I trade a binary option ftse to touch (x) above current price and (x) below current price. If you can get a good price difference on both you should come out with decent profit. If you leave the losing bet open if the market turns you win twice :cheesy:

If you're spread betting maybe try binaries. I hardly ever trade on a Friday but like NFP as it generally gives me my beer money for the weekend. I trade a binary option ftse to touch (x) above current price and (x) below current price. If you can get a good price difference on both you should come out with decent profit. If you leave the losing bet open if the market turns you win twice :cheesy:

I have no experience in trading binaries so a bit hesitant this time though I try it next time... thanks

he US Department of Labor releases its jobs report for June on Friday at 0830 ET/ 1330 BST. The market is looking for an increase of 90k jobs, which is more than the 69k registered for May. The market expects the unemployment rate to remain unchanged at 8.2%. Our propriety model is expecting a reading of 175k for June.

Employment – the bright spot in the US economy

Interestingly, compared with data disappoints elsewhere in June, employment indicators have held up fairly well. Although the ISM manufacturing index dipped to 49.7 in June, which is in contractionary territory, the employment index only ticked slightly lower to 56.6 from 56.9 in May, which is at the top end of employment readings over the past year. For the past six months the employment sub-index has out-performed the overall ISM manufacturing index, thus we could still see payrolls deliver a positive result for last month even if the manufacturing index is weak.

Job losses in the corporate sector fell in June, according to the Challenger report, which is also included in our prop model, dropping 9.7% on the month. This was the first decline in three months.

The other inputs to our model also suggest that we could see an improvement in the NFP data when it is released tomorrow. The ADP jobs report, which measures job creation in the private sector, also beat expectations and reported the strongest level of job growth since March 2012 at 176k. The ISM non-manufacturing employment index actually improved in June to 52.3 after falling to 50.8 in May.

you could just try this

Attachments

• knife.gif
    knife.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 315
Bloomberg saying this number NFP is very important for Obama re-election hope, if the US debt slaves re-elect this communist kenyan, holding fake documents they deserve to be put into detention camps. which Obama has prepared for them.