Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The EUR is not the USD’s natural anti-pole on non-farm payroll release days. Typically the EUR is not on the list of
strongest or weakest currencies on payroll release days this year. The May NFP day was the exception, when the EUR made
it onto the top of the strongest major currencies on the day. (The EUR’s strength after the May data was because of a marked
rise in talk about Fed QE). Only the kind of report that raises QE3 expectations meaningfully (e.g. an undistorted NFP number
below 50K), is likely to get any EUR positive reception and even then the JPY would be preferred. In contrast, if the EUR is
becoming even more of a favorite funding currency now that the ECB has joined the ‘zero bound club’, we should see the
EUR as one of the weakest currencies on ‘risk on’ days. Yesterday the ECB managed to reduce front-end yields for quality
core paper, and raise back-end yields for the periphery. shows that the EUR does not do well in yield curve (twist) steepening
environments. The market response appears to reflect a view that the ECB either lacks the ability, or more likely the
willingness, to provide path breaking support for the union, without an even more elevated sense of crisis.

Would it be a silly idea to take two trades either way @1.29pm with short stops on each?

Ever tried an OCO? One cancels the other. You still have to watch for spikes. I have tried a couple of trades this morning, Determined to lose no money, I have made less than a point on each. These sideways markets are best left alone.

In contrast to the EUR’s reaction to recent employment reports, the most responsive currency (of 16 most actively traded currencies) has been the MXN that in the last 6 employment release days has been in the top 3 strongest currencies on 4occasions, and the weakest 3 currencies twice. ZAR is next up on the list, not surprisingly usually positively correlated with
the MXN.

Ever tried an OCO? One cancels the other. You still have to watch for spikes. I have tried a couple of trades this morning, Determined to lose no money, I have made less than a point on each. These sideways markets are best left alone.

That's the trouble with sideways markets leaves you time to get creative!! Tempting though ...... :devilish:

NFP is the first Friday of every month.

Watching Bloomberg this am and they reckon it's gonna be weaker than expected data which means FTSE will be bearish. I reckon if that's the case then look around 5630.

BUT they don't call Bloomberg Doomberg for nowt ;)

Finland would prefer to leave the euro rather than pay the debts of others

Finnish Minister of Finance, Jutta Urpilainen, said in an interview that his country does not cling to the euro area at any price.

finlande.jpg

Hot female Ministers I like :cheesy:

Yulia Tymoshenko is a particular fave of mine

Attachments

• tym.jpg
    tym.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 466