Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hmmm.....speechless.....highest it retraced 18358s and its now trading at 18095s

I've only been trading the markets for 1.5 years, so not that I'm that experienced but it's really mental out there, especially on the DOW. i.e 400+ points from futures LOW, sank 100 points in 10 mins on FED member speech, then rallied another 200 points after it. All in one session yesterday. Bamboozled. :confused::confused::confused:

After Friday last week, I've decided to stop trading the Dow. Just isn't as successful with my system as the DAX is...

After Friday last week, I've decided to stop trading the Dow. Just isn't as successful with my system as the DAX is...

DAX and DOW pretty much share similar daily range but DAX whipsaws a lot more on smaller timeframe giving you chance to come out quickly if trade gone wrong.

Coming back to DOW - I'm trading bigger timeframe with tight stop losses. Initially shorted 18165 and took a -60pip loss, and second one didn't trigger @ 18365 with 35pip SL...would have been sitting on 200+pips now and targeting 600pips+ in total from there.

DAX and DOW pretty much share similar daily range but DAX whipsaws a lot more on smaller timeframe giving you chance to come out quickly if trade gone wrong.

Coming back to DOW - I'm trading bigger timeframe with tight stop losses. Initially shorted 18165 and took a -60pip loss, and second one didn't trigger @ 18365 with 35pip SL...would have been sitting on 200+pips now and targeting 600pips+ in total from there.

Over the last 150 years if the markets are up the incumbent party wins 86% of the time. Obama is capable of sabotaging the republicans with the IRS....pretty sure he's capable of cooking the BLS job reports.You bet your A$$ he's doing everything he can to influence the fed. I don't think dow will shed too much after the hike

ftse 5550 area u heard here first

Heavy heavy call that. But given it looks like Clinton is about to drop dead, this may be entirely possible. Odds of a trump victory have been shortening these past few days as well. Personal target for the Dax is 9909. Short term I see the 10200s tomorrow.

I dont. From a personal standpoint I wanted it - however I was simply countering jeffre's statement that markets predict the future by saying that the markets absolutely and completely missed Brexit...

Yep in that instance, they sure did. Priced in a remain deal.

Yep in that instance, they sure did. Priced in a remain deal.

Black Swans like that, it pays to be on the ground and listen to what people are saying. In London, just from general conversation with people it was 50/50. I always said that if it's 50/50 in London, Brexiters have got it, and they did. Made a few bob out of it by buying some put options before it.

But won't digress. Was a very long time ago now in market years :LOL:

I've only been trading the markets for 1.5 years, so not that I'm that experienced but it's really mental out there, especially on the DOW. i.e 400+ points from futures LOW, sank 100 points in 10 mins on FED member speech, then rallied another 200 points after it. All in one session yesterday. Bamboozled. :confused::confused::confused:

Should have seen the GFC
Dow would open 400 higher then end down.
A lot of day's were 1,000 point swings.

I think Brexit blows that theory right out of the water!!

how do you work that out i had lower targets that would get hit if we voted out so i predicted the bookies were wrong and we were leaving just because it bounced back does not negate the fact that we dropped big time and hit the targets which would not have happened if we had stayed

Last edited: