Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

these pivots take the guess work out of trading

Don't you feel 10pts apart is fairly close though?
Market will often test higher only to go down....so it might have tested 5557 and you would long. Also 5557 is resistance, not an opportune place to buy. These are cash quotes or futures?
Just discussing :)

Don't you feel 10pts apart is fairly close though?
Market will often test higher only to go down....so it might have tested 5557 and you would long. Also 5557 is resistance, not an opportune place to buy. These are cash quotes or futures?
Just discussing :)

they are cash, cash is future+21 approx.

you never gave me a link for your "sell in may no longer works" proposition

10pts works fine during cash session trading.

they are cash, cash is future+21 approx.

you never gave me a link for your "sell in may no longer works" proposition

10pts works fine during cash session trading.

I actually looked and couldn't find it but will have another look. As far as I could remember it was mixed. Some long term reports show it succeeding and in recent years it has been successful but I definitely remember a couple of links proving otherwise.

Re: the market top thing above. Have a look at: Convergence Plungefest To Continue? | ZeroHedge

I'll stick up a chart of Gilts vs FTSE soon although it's more likely linked to European credit atm.

I actually looked and couldn't find it but will have another look. As far as I could remember it was mixed. Some long term reports show it succeeding and in recent years it has been successful but I definitely remember a couple of links proving otherwise.

Re: the market top thing above. Have a look at: Convergence Plungefest To Continue? | ZeroHedge

I'll stick up a chart of Gilts vs FTSE soon although it's more likely linked to European credit atm.
Thanks for trying to find link

ZeroHedge is an awesome site, U use twitter? if so found any good people covering FTSE100

John - how do you see buying volume coming in? Is that from your money flow indicator?

As for what to expect this afternoon, it hasn't retraced even 38%, which is bearish. So maybe a short spike at 2:30pm and then back down again.

Martin,, it's more from just observing price action every day.. I have noticed that at key levels we get a fair amount of buying volumes.. that isnt to say it is outweighing the selling volume yet. but usually if sell side algos are in play then prices rise on much smaller buying volumes.

Dear DaddyJohn

If resource stocks are repricing in slower emerging markets growth then the repricing has a long way to go, check the charts of RIO/BLT, BLT bear flag breakdown will fall a long way if 1895 is not regained (getting back inside bear flag)

SD.. if we look at the £/$ we can see that it is retracing from an upwards sloping channelk... will be interesting to see if when it reaches the lower level of this channel we see the low for the ftse. :|

SD.. if we look at the £/$ we can see that it is retracing from an upwards sloping channelk... will be interesting to see if when it reaches the lower level of this channel we see the low for the ftse. :|

thanks DaddyJohn I will keep eye on that channel