Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

think the sorts will blink in ftse?

well the reason why I liked what your man said , is that it fits with my view of price action over this and next week... i.e UP.. to squeeze the shorts .... DOWN to squeeze longs and get everyone short again... then a big UP .... but lets see ...

my view is based on the fact that all markets put in their upside targets.; they now need to put in their downside targets.. I dont think DAX has yet put in it's downside target that will give it enough of a pullback to then push up to new highs.. I view price action as a bit like a bow and arrow... the larger the pullback,, the stronger the pull and the further the arrow will travel. If you compare the price action in this pullback compared to the one we had last year over Europe then it is quite subdued.. also the euro weakness and the £ strenght is necessary to reestablish the economies... the Euro needs a weak currency to grow and the UK needs a strong £ to reduce inflation or the old Lady will have to put up interest rates and scupper our economy for ever..

The BIG fly in the ointment is any potential euro bank collapse... but I think the ECB have demonstrated that Super Mario has this covered...

well the reason why I liked what your man said , is that it fits with my view of price action over this and next week... i.e UP.. to squeeze the shorts .... DOWN to squeeze longs and get everyone short again... then a big UP .... but lets see ...

my view is based on the fact that all markets put in their upside targets.; they now need to put in their downside targets.. I dont think DAX has yet put in it's downside target that will give it enough of a pullback to then push up to new highs.. I view price action as a bit like a bow and arrow... the larger the pullback,, the stronger the pull and the further the arrow will travel. If you compare the price action in this pullback compared to the one we had last year over Europe then it is quite subdued.. also the euro weakness and the £ strenght is necessary to reestablish the economies... the Euro needs a weak currency to grow and the UK needs a strong £ to reduce inflation or the old Lady will have to put up interest rates and scupper our economy for ever..

The BIG fly in the ointment is any potential euro bank collapse... but I think the ECB have demonstrated that Super Mario has this covered...

p.s my advice for anybody is to play to short timescales during May.. there are strong hands at work here rebalancing the markets.. normal rules may not apply.. trade safe !!!

I agree with most of what you say apart from the £ needing to be strong to control inflation, I think the inflation is only due to weak £ on trade weighted basis. there are not many workers with power to get higher wages, I think high unemployment is a policy tool to undermine worker bargaining power, in the euro zone there is convergence between living standards, ie, UK and parts of europe living standards will converge to the lowest living standard in the eurozone, same thing that the elites did to USA using nafta. currently the UK is paying about £280million each DAY to finance its debt, it cannot handle higher rates and we will not get higher rates or else UK goes bankrupt

What are you basing these on by the way?
Just interested as I'll be a seller if it gets anywhere near 5490-5500

Covered again at 5465 for 30pts, still some strong shorts out there.
Anyone hear about this Greek default thing 7 vs 30 days?

Last edited:
Bloomberg talking negatively about JPM will not help markets, saying loss may be more than $2bill

Afternoon SD... good call in Barclays, i am buying back into them, keeping the FTSE and S&P short, covered the DAX bear.

as for one 't' blame the parents :)

hehe

Still early for markets looks like US is looking to go up 0.5% might get a rally if they can make the shorts blink

Dow 12750 big support, needs to hold also RUT russell 2000 looks to have broken support yesterday

IYM (ishares basic materials) sitting on support within 3 month bull flag