Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

i guess this is a common problem but if you're a day trader, how are you guys deciding your entry points. For me, I struggle to keep trades running as my system uses a max 15 point stop and still my target it typically just 10 points. Due to the higher probability of the trade being successful than not (currently 67%) I still come out on top.

This obviously fails to capitalise on big moves like the last two days, which then tempts me into taking trades where I have a weaker signal, to get back into the move only for it to stop me out.

Any advice on how to handle this. I'm kinda taking the view that I should just keep ticking away making my target points each week and shouldnt care where the market is or how far it goes as long as my trades come through.

Just as an example, at 13.10 i got a buy signal on the Dax confirmed, entered and out 13.20 for 15 points. but the market has moved on and I have a higher target of 9560.
If you have a good system tailored to your trading personality and you make money then you have cracked it mate-good luck-stick to it.Chalky is right however and its nice to let some positions run aswell with close stops.

OK vol is dropping off here, and my admin is done, so am gonna call it a day. Today's equity curve/trade blotter attached.

If anyone's interested, trade size is: 0.25 to 1 FDAX contract. Using fractional contract sizing to allow scale-in/out.

Hope you all have a good w/e.

wow.I love those tiny loses.Perfect trading.:D
Now back to the sunshine-good luck gentlmen

:LOL:

Attachments

• chicago-chop-shop-logo.png
    chicago-chop-shop-logo.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 75
take a dow position at 17,000 anyone it doesnt matter, when its 10 points in profit take the opposit position, when it 10 points in profit take the .... you get the idea. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Gone Long DAX @ 9500

Geez, caught up in the consolidation, kept the position open and used/using the Dec contract to hedge the position until we break out, need to focus on this little blighter :( :cry:

Consolidation pause so a big move is coming, I'm favouring the upside but have no technical support for that at this point

After a shambolic last 3 days for me, I've recovered 50% of the losses today, so I'm reasonably happy. Makes the weekend easier to manage.