Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• pnl.JPG
    pnl.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 69
The stock market have been consolidating this morning and investors are waiting data release on Gross Domestic Product and it’s impact on interest rates measures in the world’s largest economy.

Apart from the main economic release, the US GDP, final figures will show the Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan consumer-sentiment index.

In the U.K., lawmakers will vote today on whether to authorize airstrikes on Islamic State positions in Iraq. Military action may start within days if the proposal is approved.

The stock market have been consolidating this morning and investors are waiting data release on Gross Domestic Product and it’s impact on interest rates measures in the world’s largest economy.

Its just my personal opinion but I really dont think investors are waiting on the GDP announcement, well maybe those 'investors' we saw on the BBC documentary are, but not the serious ones.

I wish I could be more positive and add some value, but I dont know what's inside the minds of the people who move the markets around. :|

OK vol is dropping off here, and my admin is done, so am gonna call it a day. Today's equity curve/trade blotter attached.

If anyone's interested, trade size is: 0.25 to 1 FDAX contract. Using fractional contract sizing to allow scale-in/out.

Hope you all have a good w/e.

I cant believe you had 4 losers, you having a bad day. :LOL:

Excellent work. (y)

i guess this is a common problem but if you're a day trader, how are you guys deciding your entry points. For me, I struggle to keep trades running as my system uses a max 15 point stop and still my target it typically just 10 points. Due to the higher probability of the trade being successful than not (currently 67%) I still come out on top.

This obviously fails to capitalise on big moves like the last two days, which then tempts me into taking trades where I have a weaker signal, to get back into the move only for it to stop me out.

Any advice on how to handle this. I'm kinda taking the view that I should just keep ticking away making my target points each week and shouldnt care where the market is or how far it goes as long as my trades come through.

Just as an example, at 13.10 i got a buy signal on the Dax confirmed, entered and out 13.20 for 15 points. but the market has moved on and I have a higher target of 9560.

i guess this is a common problem but if you're a day trader, how are you guys deciding your entry points. For me, I struggle to keep trades running as my system uses a max 15 point stop and still my target it typically just 10 points. Due to the higher probability of the trade being successful than not (currently 67%) I still come out on top.

This obviously fails to capitalise on big moves like the last two days, which then tempts me into taking trades where I have a weaker signal, to get back into the move only for it to stop me out.

Any advice on how to handle this. I'm kinda taking the view that I should just keep ticking away making my target points each week and shouldnt care where the market is or how far it goes as long as my trades come through.

Just as an example, at 13.10 i got a buy signal on the Dax confirmed, entered and out 13.20 for 15 points. but the market has moved on and I have a higher target of 9560.

Here my two pennyworth

Why not try closing half to two thirds of your profit and setting stop at break even on the rest see what it brings

Not going to be a good start for S&P. :eek:
I would defo buy at 1959 cash if it gets down that far.

$ /Yen 109 :eek:

Dont think this is in the Abenomics handbook.

I would expect some intervention at or before 110 and a smackdown, but I would be glad to hear a contrary view from someone who knew about this kind of thing.