Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

That's 10 months this thread has been going. Many thanks to all for their support and contributions.

At some stage I will summarise my trading strategies again and write up a complete set of rules. Not sure how I can provide a link for this every time I post, but maybe I can come up with something.

you bias would change with the markets? i mean price hitting certain areas fibs s&r etc so you might need more than one bias depending on your time frame. what about the inverse h&s on the daily it seems a bit crazy at the moment but it signals 6000+ so a lot of traders might have a bias to the upside. i'll trade scalps and mini swings all the way up or not as the case may be.

anyone got a bias today?

That's 10 months this thread has been going. Many thanks to all for their support and contributions.

At some stage I will summarise my trading strategies again and write up a complete set of rules. Not sure how I can provide a link for this every time I post, but maybe I can come up with something.

put it as your signature

aye, we got a small 8:30 reversal, a feeble attempt at 9:00 and the 10:00 just managed to flatline it for a bit. All eyes on Wallstreet now - I'd be surprised if they open lower after APPL and the 15:00 reversal try might be interesting.

Anyway, undeterred, I've got a ftse/dow pair running since 10:30 after some reasonable ftse relative weakness - it's about net flat at the moment.

ftse showed a bit of strength suddenly so just closed for net 12. Bit cowardly really, but my attention elsewhere and the trouble with the pair thing is that you can't put stops in and have to watch the net + or - all the damn time

put it as your signature

Thanks jon. I was just looking at how to do this when our posts crossed. I take it I can post a link to an upload site like tinypic or similar? Ideally I just want a word or pdf document with a set of rules and charts showing examples.

Thanks jon. I was just looking at how to do this when our posts crossed. I take it I can post a link to an upload site like tinypic or similar? Ideally I just want a word or pdf document with a set of rules and charts showing examples.

yes (long as there's no advertising :LOL:). Alternatively you could post with your word/pdf document as an attachment and then do a link to that post in your sig.

yes (long as there's no advertising :LOL:). Alternatively you could post with your word/pdf document as an attachment and then do a link to that post in your sig.

5000+ posts Martin. Time to change your username to MartinStreet1928 and start charging us 50 nuggets a month. :D

Will be good to see how your rules have changed from the start of the thread.
Any major changes?

coming into the 15:00 reversal zone - ftse has been strong since dow open so may be raring to go if it happens

Cheers Jon. Will try and post up a new set of rules some time next week, and link them in my sig.

5000+ posts Martin. Time to change your username to MartinStreet1928 and start charging us 50 nuggets a month. :D

Will be good to see how your rules have changed from the start of the thread.
Any major changes?

If you are any good at trading, you should make enough money for all your needs without having to supplement your income by making calls for money.

The major changes are entering on a tick, as opposed to 2 pts. And paying a lot more attention to Fib Extensions and the 1 hour chart.

still think 5750 cash is key ..i'll stick my neck out and say my bias is to the upside if we get over 5750 but that could change:)

i'm thinking they were filling their boots down at 700 yesterday but i could be completely wrong we shall see

mmm, ftse woefully weak vs dow after ftse close last night. Didn't improve overnight so I paired from the gun. ftse should be batting around 5770 (cash) at the moment had it kept dow pace.

Nasty wicks and tails opening. Characterized by sharp jerky price action. Flat bolys on the 5 min chart, and penetration of upper and lower boly band, with closes back inside boly bands. Usually means sell the UBB and buy the LBB on the 5 mc. But it shouldn't last for longer than an hour.