Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Did nobody read the overnight news, Cyprus says they want to rip up the terms of their bailout hence they will go to the wall so more turmoil, pre market futures are just algos trying to rebalnce, markets open and everyone trying to sell, that is the real market, hence the drop.

longs got no faith in the fed, must remember the previous fed day slaughter, take the money and run

Did nobody read the overnight news, Cyprus says they want to rip up the terms of their bailout hence they will go to the wall so more turmoil, pre market futures are just algos trying to rebalnce, markets open and everyone trying to sell, that is the real market, hence the drop.

do u know the exact time that cyprus news broke, which cash equity market was open when it broke?

do u know the exact time that cyprus news broke, which cash equity market was open when it broke?

It came out near end of US market trading, but lots of people so excited about FOMC they ignored it, small sell off into close, its very bad for europe hence we have sold off and US futures still bid on FOMC excitement/hope. Remember yesterday when US futures were ramping and FTSe DAX did nothing nobody wanted to buy signs of exhaustion so dont think we were ever going to keep pushing on. Think the market that is wrong is the US feel over next few trading days will sell off and come back inline with where we are.

It came out near end of US market trading, but lots of people so excited about FOMC they ignored it, small sell off into close, its very bad for europe hence we have sold off and US futures still bid on FOMC excitement/hope. Remember yesterday when US futures were ramping and FTSe DAX did nothing nobody wanted to buy signs of exhaustion so dont think we were ever going to keep pushing on. Think the market that is wrong is the US feel over next few trading days will sell off and come back inline with where we are.

ok thanks.

yesterday only 2 dow stocks were lower and then fractionally. MRK/MSFT

if dow could get to +50, that gives us 70pts of upside on ftse from current 6347, sure bernanke could say bearish things but he may say something bullish, like no rate increases until 2016

US russell 2000, at big level, 1000

Last edited:

all sounds sensible Talbs but I do hope you are wrong as I am still long the FTSE after widening my stop to weather the storm. hopefully I will get out before the FOMC statement, we will see, otherwise it could be sweaty palms on the mouse button. GL everyone :LOL:

all sounds sensible Talbs but I do hope you are wrong as I am still long the FTSE after widening my stop to weather the storm. hopefully I will get out before the FOMC statement, we will see, otherwise it could be sweaty palms on the mouse button. GL everyone :LOL:

Hi CM , hope you are well !
Dont think these markets will tank too much ahead of FOMC, everyone already so excited for no tapering, heard last night on CNBC someone saying if he says not tilll sep thats bullish for stocks, sounds like a load of rubbish t me, markets are foward looking and if they know the free money is going to start to come off they will start pricing that in and SELL IMO, every chance stocks rally , nobody knows whats going to happen. But a 300 point rally in stocks going into FOMC says to me, market priced in all possible good news for the market

Dow is now +18. FTSE reacting

sp500june going for third test of 54 on hourly chart

looks like down plunge in ftse was clearing out weak bulls

Dow is now +18. FTSE reacting

sp500june going for third test of 54 on hourly chart

looks like down plunge in ftse was clearing out weak bulls

I think its reality versus hope today, some bad stuff brewing in the background, market notes alot of people buying puts as protection, but everyone hoping Ben will save the day again, hence the rally back up, they could could be right, always ends badly though.

Then your S&P monster wont look so happy...

Attachments

• SP.jpg
    SP.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 117
Hi CM , hope you are well !
Dont think these markets will tank too much ahead of FOMC, everyone already so excited for no tapering, heard last night on CNBC someone saying if he says not tilll sep thats bullish for stocks, sounds like a load of rubbish t me, markets are foward looking and if they know the free money is going to start to come off they will start pricing that in and SELL IMO, every chance stocks rally , nobody knows whats going to happen. But a 300 point rally in stocks going into FOMC says to me, market priced in all possible good news for the market

crazy market, pumped up on thin air. I am looking to get our pre FOMC as it is just a coin flip. I am expecting a very irrational day so I keep my stops wide, DOW looks very bullish on the H1 chart. If we get a FOMC take off there could be a good exhaustion fade opportunity. GL.

This mornings sharp move down in FTSE looked to me like a clear out before the big guns load up and run it to new highs.

Then your S&P monster wont look so happy...

haha no he wont, but its a lottery ! all big players not trading so HOT money pushing markets and algos going with momentum. Seeing wether dax declining trendline holds again.

DAX.PNG

sad to say but this morning I realised why someone posted a picture of a tapir yesterday, bit slow me. lololol.

i attended an Anton Kreil seminar, and he said that hedge funds reduce exposure when the vix rises

FTSE now only down 2pts as thought the last 2 and a half hours never happened

i attended an Anton Kreil seminar, and he said that hedge funds reduce exposure when the vix rises

FTSE now only down 2pts as thought the last 2 and a half hours never happened

Funny thing is markets ahve rallied this week and vix has stayed put, not a great sign.

DAX flying now, what sell off !