Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

tried to gauge share strength this week end ...either the pros are doing a lot of bottom feeding or we're gona tank....but quarter end week remember :)

6390 / 1554 still the big areas for me

tried to gauge share strength this week end ...either the pros are doing a lot of bottom feeding or we're gona tank....but quarter end week remember :)

6390 / 1554 still the big areas for me

I got 1545 as neutral level pivot, SP500 june has been 14pts above, this normally means great technical strength

Going to be some strange flows this week for sure, but i still think your try and play recent ranges, maybe the sell in may mentality may come in early this year :cheesy:

Also just seen this, so it begins !

OK these reprisal comments seem to be coming from NEKRASSOV a former kremlin advisor who said russia may retaliate if a 20% levy on cyprus accounts , they may potentially consider freezing or taxing assets on german businesses operating in russia.

Morning Dick/Talbs!/SD and All

Strange day in Asia.
Got the Cyprus deal and everything spiked up.
Japan held the gains.
Hong Kong and ASX gave up the gains.

cyprus banks limiting the cash machines to 120 euros per day that's scary ....it just shows the control they have these days ....in the future the will plant a chip in your head and if you are a bad boy they will close your account or limit your withdrawals ....blimey i'd have to give up the drink:eek:

cyprus banks limiting the cash machines to 120 euros per day that's scary ....it just shows the control they have these days ....in the future the will plant a chip in your head and if you are a bad boy they will close your account or limit your withdrawals ....blimey i'd have to give up the drink:eek:

Stick your money under the bed.

Important date going forward, German fin min hopeful European parliament approvals of #Cyprus deal will be 3rd week of April

Attachments

• Money.JPG
    Money.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 104
dow -89

ftse +96 at the mo

call this closed now

ftse +100
dow-88

+12 overall....think this trade was screwed when the US moved up after the close on friday giving -35 ....the ftse caught up but they are running level now ...it's difficult to know when to close...

call this closed now

ftse +100
dow-88

+12 overall....think this trade was screwed when the US moved up after the close on friday giving -35 ....the ftse caught up but they are running level now ...it's difficult to know when to close...

this type of trade always seems to move back into profit, so what about adding to size when its below break even?

this type of trade always seems to move back into profit, so what about adding to size when its below break even?

not sure sd .....i think when you lose the gap or the extreme between price then you lose the edge....if increase size and they run in tandem then it's just lose more win more....best just to look for another extreme i think..

call this closed now

ftse +100
dow-88

DL, I'm in Wales and just got round to tuning in via I-pad.

I've got ftse 6433 and Dow 14497 at the moment

That gives you + 37 x2 = 74 for the ftse trade
And +1 x 1 = 1 for the Dow trade

That's net + 75 overall

Not sure if it's been better than that so far today 'cos I can't get charts up on I- pad

DL, I'm in Wales and just got round to tuning in via I-pad.

I've got ftse 6433 and Dow 14497 at the moment

That gives you + 37 x2 = 74 for the ftse trade
And +1 x 1 = 1 for the Dow trade

That's net + 75 overall

Not sure if it's been better than that so far today 'cos I can't get charts up on I- pad

hi bj i think you must be on future prices i'm on cash...

ftse enter long 6396 exit 6446 = 50 x 2 = 100

dow enter short14498 exit 14586 = - 88 for +12??:confused:

Any idea what happened in the past 30 minutes? Seeing a decent sized fall in all Indices, particularly Dax and with Dow following.

Markets coming off on many rumours, russia to freeze german assets in russian banks, people ahve realsied when cypriot banks open tomorrow they will get emptied, euro getting slammed across the board since european open, many reasons really, but markets still sitting in their recent ranges.

hi bj i think you must be on future prices i'm on cash...

ftse enter long 6396 exit 6446 = 50 x 2 = 100

dow enter short14498 exit 14586 = - 88 for +12??:confused:

sorry, dl, got those figures wrong - can't get to grips with the i-pad figs, lol

right, currently:

ftse 6439 = + 43 x 2 = +86
dow 14545 = -47 x 1 = -47
= net + 39

that square with what you see atm

Cyprus: An erroneous headline saying 'KREMLIN TO "FREEZE
ASSETS" OF GERMAN COMPANIES IN RUSSIA AS ANSWER TO EU ON
CYPRUS.' doing the rounds. It looks to have come from this
ekathermini article initially -http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi
/_w_articles_wsite1_1_25/03/2013_489740 - highlighting the
following comment - "There are a number of large German
companies operating in Russia. You could possibly look at