Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

also looks like ftse/dow out of sync again

this is just a paper trade cause i've no idea how to pairs trade

long ftse 69396 x 2 i think

short dow 14498 x 1

aye, having held reasonably strong all day ftse went over -30 weak from 3pm on into close. Must be anticipating a dire afternoon in US :LOL:

Looks good, DL, but you'll probably have to hold through 'til Monday. Paid a big price for ftse though :LOL:

"The rating agency Fitch has warned that it may downgrade the UK's credit rating in April."

Maybe FTSE 6600 by end of April ?

aye, having held reasonably strong all day ftse went over -30 weak from 3pm on into close. Must be anticipating a dire afternoon in US :LOL:

Looks good, DL, but you'll probably have to hold through 'til Monday. Paid a big price for ftse though :LOL:

oops 6396:)

Hi All

Shorted the Dow at the close at 14515 only to see it go against me by 20 points after hours. No stops for the moment.

Have a great weekend all of y

DOW just won't give.
Look at the strength against the ASX, DAX and FTSE for the week.
Now at record variance against FTSE for the year.
Have a great weekend.

Attachments

• DOW Power.JPG
    DOW Power.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 129
Could be big gap up Monday. If so time to increase that short and give away more money to the smart bulls :)

Yeah, could be on enthusiasm over Cyprus crisis resolution on Sunday.
We'll see. It is a small stake. I rarely open big positions before the weekend. Not even overnight.

There is a bit of a view over Cyprus but as I keep banging on its quarter end next week they will
Push S&P to new highs maybe 14700 on the Dow but if your building a short position around these
Levels and can hold it I'm sure we start coming off as the sell in may and go away mentality
Kicks in

Unless they really mess Cyprus up I'm looking for ftse dax etc to
Open alot higher on Monday as mentioned by bustech earlier they are way out
Of sync

There is a bit of a view over Cyprus but as I keep banging on its quarter end next week they will
Push S&P to new highs maybe 14700 on the Dow but if your building a short position around these
Levels and can hold it I'm sure we start coming off as the sell in may and go away mentality
Kicks in

Unless they really mess Cyprus up I'm looking for ftse dax etc to
Open alot higher on Monday as mentioned by bustech earlier they are way out
Of sync

ftse is out of sync with dow by getting on for 300 points since start of year - and 150 of that in the last two weeks.

I get my first view of forex at 21:00 but I'm sure someone here gets an earlier view.

Dow futures at 14544 at Friday close.

FTSE 26 point div for Tuesday.
None for the DOW all week, was also none last week.
But didn't stop it from going higher.
None for ASX all week.

ADD
Euro doing a nice gap close, not in the trade.

Sorry
FTSE is a 3.1 div for Tuesday

Last edited:
Cyprus bailout: Deal reached in Eurogroup talks

Eurozone finance ministers have agreed a deal on a 10bn-euro bailout for Cyprus to prevent its banking system collapsing and keep the country in the eurozone.

Laiki (Popular) Bank - the country's second-biggest - will be wound down and holders of deposits of more than 100,000 euros will face big losses.

However, all deposits under 100,000 euros will be "fully guaranteed".

The European Central Bank had set a deadline of Monday for a deal.

Laiki will be split into "good" and "bad" banks, with its good assets eventually merged into Bank of Cyprus.

The president of the Eurogroup of eurozone finance ministers, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, told a press conference in Brussels the deal had "put an end to the uncertainty" around Cyprus's economy.

He added he was "convinced" the new deal was better for the Cypriot people than the broader measure rejected by the Cypriot parliament last week, as it focused on two problem banks rather than the entire sector.

All deposits under 100,000 euros will be secured. But for those with deposits of more than that amount in the country's two biggest banks - Laiki and Bank of Cyprus - the deal will come as a bitter blow, our correspondent says.

The percentage to be levied on large deposits in the Bank of Cyprus will be resolved in the coming weeks, Mr Dijsselbloem said.

One key element of the deposit tax, demanded by the IMF, is that it not require a parliamentary vote.

Good morning guys ! Suggest closing all long positions in equities and eurousd that I was suggesting Thursday and Friday back I am swelling strength today short eurusd at 1.3030 and selling any pop up above 8000 in the dax ! Good luck this week !

also looks like ftse/dow out of sync again

this is just a paper trade cause i've no idea how to pairs trade

long ftse 69396 x 2 i think

short dow 14498 x 1

ftse has caught up now ...35 point underwater all weekend but even ish at mo ...ftse should read 6396

Morning Dick/Talbs!/SD and All

Strange day in Asia.
Got the Cyprus deal and everything spiked up.
Japan held the gains.
Hong Kong and ASX gave up the gains.