Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

we could get a sizable up move now ....s&p 1554 would ignite i think ...these two indices seem to have caught up ...

Does anyone else follow Mr Top Step on twitter, guy works in the S&P pit, tell you exactly whats going on flow wise and what he expects, he is spot on most days !

IMHO i don't see how the pit's volume could be relevant these days , hence the very small percentage of volume going through the pit vs electronic .

According to wikipedia, as of 5 March 2013:
BP cap - 85
FTSE total cap - 1760

so, BP is 4.83%

so, change of 2.8% would mean around 8.5 points of FTSE100 (I think ?)

does the free float adjustment apply to BP or AZN?

think i posted an article about "painting the close" where in US they make one large component in Dow go up to mask the overall weakness in the Dow. wonder if they are doing this using BP/AZN today

Does anyone else follow Mr Top Step on twitter, guy works in the S&P pit, tell you exactly whats going on flow wise and what he expects, he is spot on most days !

Tim Haefke of TopStep had a target on the SP500 futures on 1560 ish, when the sp500 was much lower

if history tells us anything its sell in May (again)
and only alittle in April
then double top / fakeout

and there maybe some earnings soon, to get out the way before the real selloff
(earnings wont be as good yet again)

the FTSE possibly peaked end of last wk, at very strong wkly resistance, the rest is window dressing until the Dow and S+P catch up and hit theres in the next few wks,
most major FTSE stocks are already dropping, just got to get the retailers out before the big drops

im short anyway on Dow, just going to let it run as see the top at 14700

Talbs, is he long or short ?

Im long see my post just before this one, but ive taken profit on my Dow and EurUSd, Dax is lagging so holding this ! Why do you ask ? earlier post below -

Talbs!

Member Since Sep 2008
402 Posts

Default Re: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??
Even though people are worried about Cyprus, the shorts in Eur/Usd and equities will be squaring ahead of the weekend incase there is a deal, im long DAX, DOW and Eur/Usd looking for the short covering, working so far but its early in the day, plus QTR end coming up lots of fund managers window dressing which will benefit the risk on scenario.
Talbs! is online now Recommend Talbs!'s Post Report Post Edit/Delete Message

IMHO i don't see how the pit's volume could be relevant these days , hence the very small percentage of volume going through the pit vs electronic .

He quotes Pit and Globex, lets be honest if he is right 90% of the time i dont mind looking at his view, who cares if he is just standing in the pit ?

i was asking if mr top step was long:)

Im not sure he is US based but ive been out in Jamies in cannot street since 11.30, my view as posted below was to be long, but im out of most of my stuff now, Mr Top Step does have some very valid views, i dont listen to many people but he is very good IMO.

Talbs!

Member Since Sep 2008
402 Posts

Default Re: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??
Even though people are worried about Cyprus, the shorts in Eur/Usd and equities will be squaring ahead of the weekend incase there is a deal, im long DAX, DOW and Eur/Usd looking for the short covering, working so far but its early in the day, plus QTR end coming up lots of fund managers window dressing which will benefit the risk on scenario.
Talbs! is online now Recommend Talbs!'s Post Report Post Edit/Delete Message

trade for anyone spread betting with guaranteed stops, DAX so out of line with DOW QTR end next week buy with G/S below todays low of 7877, Target 8020 with 50 point downside.

Let put top step to the test !

Mr TopStep ‏@MrTopStep 1h

Seeing alot of interest in next Thursday winger puts for mar Q expiree..buyers...

QTR end next week ! S&P 1547 future, see how we end up !

Let put top step to the test !

Mr TopStep ‏@MrTopStep 1h

Seeing alot of interest in next Thursday winger puts for mar Q expiree..buyers...

QTR end next week ! S&P 1547 future, see how we end up !

Sorry what does that mean? Is he buying Puts?

trade for anyone spread betting with guaranteed stops, DAX so out of line with DOW QTR end next week buy with G/S below todays low of 7877, Target 8020 with 50 point downside.

Don't follow DAX so dunno how out of line it's got. The safer bet would be long DAX x 2, short DOW x 1 (or use more precise ratio) then you don't need to risk being stopped and if DOW tanks DAX should follow it more slowly.

All i trade is the DAX, put it this way when dax was at this level this morning , Dow was trading 14430 ( cash) so very out of line, especially considering EURUSD ramp.

also looks like ftse/dow out of sync again

this is just a paper trade cause i've no idea how to pairs trade

long ftse 69396 x 2 i think

short dow 14498 x 1