Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Just a quick Hi

Johnson and Johnson goes ex div on the Dow today(don't know the points at the moment), final div not yet fully declared, but started to support the DOW at yesterdays closing period. Pays a good yield which is loved in the current market.
A lot of moves in your outer hours are being caused by the BOJ and Japan government.
Sell in May and go away still looks good.

Have a great weekend.

PS

Will post a spreadsheet over the weekend, which shows the strength for the FTSE and ASX building against the DOW.

Last edited:
Just a quick Hi

Johnson and Johnson goes ex div on the Dow today(don't know the points at the moment), final div not yet fully declared, but started to support the DOW at yesterdays closing period. Pays a good yield which is loved in the current market.
A lot of moves in your outer hours are being caused by the BOJ and Japan government.
Sell in May and go away still looks good.

Have a great weekend.

PS

Will post a spreadsheet over the weekend, which shows the strength for the FTSE and ASX building against the DOW.

thanks Bustech, see some big moves in asx

Hi guys,

Just came back from the cold :)

Been on a week long ski vacation with the kids on the mountains. Enjoyed it a lot.

Now back to the game. Just now I saw Dow shot up to 13990.

All the best and have a great weekend

Z

dow 14000 what a blast

The constant repeat pattern, every week.
Went long Dow at 13935 and it went down and I jumped ship too early, and of course it went straight up to 14k. Currently short the DOW at 14001. Short the FTSE too at 6365. See what happens Monday mourning, especially after Moodys downgraded our credit rating to AA1 from AAA and the Italian elections and the 1st March sequester cuts.

I was short Dow and dax thinking this was the time it was gonna get some momentum only for it go straight in my face, that turn around was ridiculous , there is alot coming up I agree this was my reasons why I thought we would see the Market come off
A bit, if we don't see downside this week feels like the market is never going down again ! I'm sure it will though just after I cut out my short ��

Spreadsheet show the strength of the ASX started against the DOW on the 8th Feb and FTSE stared about 13th Feb. DOW has pulled back with the great rally in the last 24/36 hours.

ASX looks good for a long on Monday with a move up to 5,055 and maybe up to 5,069.
Current 5,027, only hold back is weak BHP and RIO in London.
If the ASX gets back to 5,090 area, should drag FTSE up to 6,400 again.

Attachments

• Compare.xls
    111.5 KB · Views: 123
Just to back up the ASX long, see spreadsheet.

Also just noted the UK downgrade which might see lower prices on Monday open, which would mean looking for a lower price to get long on the ASX.

Also market not taking much notice of this story at the moment, sure it will come into play doing the week.
Spending Cuts Threaten State Recoveries, Governors Say - Bloomberg

Then when the cuts don't come in, DOW gets the usual 100 point jump higher, will this take the DOW into a new all time high, Who know's
No guarantees in this game.

As Del Boy would say.
No income tax, no VAT
No money back, no guarantee
Black or white, rich or broke
We'll cut prices at a stroke

Attachments

• ASX Long.JPG
    ASX Long.JPG
    226.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Just to back up the ASX long, see spreadsheet.

Also just noted the UK downgrade which might see lower prices on Monday open, which would mean looking for a lower price to get long on the ASX.

Also market not taking much notice of this story at the moment, sure it will come into play doing the week.
Spending Cuts Threaten State Recoveries, Governors Say - Bloomberg

Then when the cuts don't come in, DOW gets the usual 100 point jump higher, will this take the DOW into a new all time high, Who know's
No guarantees in this game.

As Del Boy would say.
No income tax, no VAT
No money back, no guarantee
Black or white, rich or broke
We'll cut prices at a stroke

with credit rating/italian job on monday it's anyone's guess

think the trotters would do ok in the burger business at the mo bus....:)

Yep....Makes no sense to me I guess that why we was always told "trade what you see, not what you think" :LOL:

well ftse hitting resistance now lets see where it goes....us/uk charts seem ok for more upside dax/cac dragging a little tho imo ....end of month this week

nasdaq dragging as well

Last edited:
well ftse hitting resistance now lets see where it goes....us/uk charts seem ok for more upside dax/cac dragging a little tho imo ....end of month this week

nasdaq dragging as well

It would seem that losing an "A" is no big thing for the markets, looking at previous posts, the consensus was for an open down.... Italy elections?

Achim Matzke, European stock indexes analyst at Commerzbank, said he saw euro zone blue chips stocks holding in a tight range until the outcome of the election in Italy is known.

"We have support around 2,580 and resistance around 2,675 and I expect the market to trade inside that range awaiting the results,"

For what it worth 84% short at IG...

Cannot believe the open this morning, i thought markets would hold steady and be small cautious ahead of election plus the sequester on friday in the states, but oh no up 1.5% on the dax with bunds on the highs ! the market is broken !