Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

IGINDEX down? it is happening frequently now a days

I confirm. I had the same and lasted for about 2 minutes. Had a trader friend online at the same time in a different area (about 15 miles away) and his account was just fine.

Originally thought it was a problem my end.

I'm on every day and this is I must say is rare and I take this kind of problem extremely serious. The error code was:

#97.b7fb3d17.1361440264.197dcc1

For scalpers and day traders: this is a firm reminder to have another platform set up in case so you can hedge if needed. That way it only costs you the spread and not possibly your trade or worse still, your account. Also, have IG's number written somewhere you can put your hands on it if you don't know it off by heart.

Lee

Have just come off the phone to IG and they confirm they were having a server problem that lasted a few minutes. This affected a large number (but not all) of people.

Lee

Waiting for the Dow to open to give me a direction to trade in. Yesterday was a good day for us bears.
I might be better off not trading for the rest of the week, but hey I love trading! I don't want to miss out on the big drop down!!

Existing Home Sales 4.92M (slightly above forecast)
Philly Fed Manufacturing Index -12.5 (well below forecast of 1.1)

Last edited:
mornin' all

yesterday ftse went to about -45 weak vs dow but traded strong after dow open to finish +20 strong and therefore -25 weak for the day as a whole.

today it opened a bit weak (-7) in the face of dow rise, but immediately started trading strong (+17 since open as I type) and is currently +10 overall.

At the moment, I guess you'll get more bang for your buck with ftse if you fancy long, or dow if you fancy short. I'm not in one way or another (or both!!) yet and it'll probably be a short/long once ftse strength reaches an extreme (working with around 30 atm)

mornin' all

yesterday ftse went to about -45 weak vs dow but traded strong after dow open to finish +20 strong and therefore -25 weak for the day as a whole.

today it opened a bit weak (-7) in the face of dow rise, but immediately started trading strong (+17 since open as I type) and is currently +10 overall.

At the moment, I guess you'll get more bang for your buck with ftse if you fancy long, or dow if you fancy short. I'm not in one way or another (or both!!) yet and it'll probably be a short/long once ftse strength reaches an extreme (working with around 30 atm)

morning barjon, thats some nice volatility in the correlations

morning barjon, thats some nice volatility in the correlations

yes, i went long/short yesterday when it got to about -34. Underwater for a while but nice in the end.

On the sidelines today though, lest I get an extreme before going to golf - if I can wrap up warm enough, brrr :)

Dunno, I'm still thinking FTSE is looking too strong against the other indices and hence my view would be a pullback there. It should be sub-6300 given where the Dow is, but the currency weakness is causing valuation differences.

Still short FTSE/Dax/Dow but only at around 25% of my position at the start of this week, having closed most of my shorts yesterday.