Advanced Structured Forex Trading

Danger Field said:
7th error's post was positive. It simply identified less than startling performance. What's wrong with that? Adds a little reality to what otherwise might be considered by some to be unreal.

This is rich. You have 8 posts on this board to date. And, yet you know what is unreal about this trading system and this journal.

The Dashboard' speaks for itself - period. Would you like to tell the Dashboard's that are posted a day before each move happens, that it is "unreal"? Are you saying that the results obtained by the Dashboard's that get posted are "unreal"? If not, then what exactly defines "unreal"?

What I find "unreal" are people who can totally ignore a Dashboard sitting directly in their face the day before the substantive move happens, only to later make a post claiming that the move the Dashboard projected the day before, was "unreal". :LOL:

Unreal, is making a trade call and then never posting a Dashboard to back it up. That would be very unreal. Unreal, is coming into a thread that you can't fully comes to grips with and/or fully understand, and jumping on the Troll bandwagon just to feed your own sense in inadequacy, that is unreal.

Unreal, is the continual initiation of Trolling type remarks in an otherwise clean, well kept, very well organized and very well run trade journal. That is unreal.

Unreal, is being faced with something you have never seen before in your lifetime and throwing stones at it simply because you did not produce it. Now, that (LOL) is unreal.

Jealousy, envy, greed, spite, hate, feelings of inadequacy and having a blatant inferiority complex are very dangerous thing when taken on by people so willingly. It will never allow you to grow and/or grow up. That should be a light bulb for you... :idea:

New Journal Rules Amended:

Here’s what I’m willing to do. Unless and until the Moderator reads and responds to my troublemaker reports that I sent to him this morning, I will recommend the following in order to keep this trade journal open and clean.

1) I will prepare Banned List based. Being placed on the Banned List will be an easy thing to do. All you have to do is post childlike, off-topic, non-sequitur (look it up if you don’t know the word) instigations of lunacy having nothing whatsoever to do with this trading technology, the trades themselves, or specifically related to the currency pairs being traded and that will auto-qualify one to be placed in the No-Fly-Zone (Banned List).

2) I will keep a fresh Banned List posted periodically. It will be your responsibility to place the Trading Forum Trolls on your own ignore list. This way, you won’t see their idiotic trash and I won’t see their idiotic trash and we will then have a clear channel to dialog and you will see the journals Dashboards free of lunatic, troublemaking rants.

3) This will have the effect of placing in quarantine those who have nothing better to do than disrupt a trade journal and it will keep this trade journal open to the public.

4) Most Importantly: this will prevent anyone NOT on the Banned List from replying with a quote to any internet troll placed on the Banned List. Eventually, all internet trolls will be quarantined over time and the rest of them will notice rather quickly that their kind of trash is not welcome here.

This way, if the Moderator won’t ban these people now, they can dialog amongst themselves in trolling pros and the rest of us won’t have to deal with it, or even see it. Until the Moderator responds to my request to ban these types of disruptive people, this can serve as a good work-around to creating a black-out on stupidity in this journal. This is a journal and trolls don’t do journals – they never have and they never will.

If these new journal rules sound appropriate for the times we live in (until the Moderator has time to act), kindly place the following known internet trolls that do not have a trade journal of their own onto your ignore list:

Banned List (No-Fly-Zone) of Internet Trolls: (currently in my Ignore List)

Begin List

7th Error9000
FetteredChinos
dcraig1
Ripcord

End List

Notes:

User ID “Danger Field” is very close to getting quarantined. Just a fair warning and a request for you to remain civil.

I have no intention in getting into one of your overblown tirades.

I'm here to watch your posted trades, the ones actualy taken. and see if your system is as good as you say.

I have tried to follow your trades but for some reason you only stay on a forum for a month or so and then change to another forum under a different user ID.

Saying your system predicted a trade but you didn't take it because of X Y or Z doesn't exactly instill confidence or credibility .

No one will ever know if the system actualy exists or if you just enter numbers onto a rather simplistic excel spreadsheet as you have never divulged in english as to what your entry or exit points arre based on.

Saying the fuel cell A is at 80% with turbulance on the radar etc etc is of no use to anyone.

You have been touting this "system" it seems forever but I have never seen it perform anything like 98%, last time on the moneytec forum it was running at 50% , the same as tossing a coin.

I want to see quantifiable results . pony up as you are so fond of saying and lets see once and for all if you can do what you keep shouting to the world you can do. or maybe not as the case may be.

Very good idea 7th. I want to see this thread continue. I know it's early, but what do you think the next session will have in store? I see a continuing downward spiral, possibly after a small pop upward around the start of session. I can see your 'perfect storm' developing, but I was originally under the impression that we'd see it at the start of next week's trading.

7thSignalTrader said:
New Journal Rules Amended:

Here’s what I’m willing to do. Unless and until the Moderator reads and responds to my troublemaker reports that I sent to him this morning, I will recommend the following in order to keep this trade journal open and clean.

1) I will prepare Banned List based. Being placed on the Banned List will be an easy thing to do. All you have to do is post childlike, off-topic, non-sequitur (look it up if you don’t know the word) instigations of lunacy having nothing whatsoever to do with this trading technology, the trades themselves, or specifically related to the currency pairs being traded and that will auto-qualify one to be placed in the No-Fly-Zone (Banned List).

2) I will keep a fresh Banned List posted periodically. It will be your responsibility to place the Trading Forum Trolls on your own ignore list. This way, you won’t see their idiotic trash and I won’t see their idiotic trash and we will then have a clear channel to dialog and you will see the journals Dashboards free of lunatic, troublemaking rants.

3) This will have the effect of placing in quarantine those who have nothing better to do than disrupt a trade journal and it will keep this trade journal open to the public.

4) Most Importantly: this will prevent anyone NOT on the Banned List from replying with a quote to any internet troll placed on the Banned List. Eventually, all internet trolls will be quarantined over time and the rest of them will notice rather quickly that their kind of trash is not welcome here.

This way, if the Moderator won’t ban these people now, they can dialog amongst themselves in trolling pros and the rest of us won’t have to deal with it, or even see it. Until the Moderator responds to my request to ban these types of disruptive people, this can serve as a good work-around to creating a black-out on stupidity in this journal. This is a journal and trolls don’t do journals – they never have and they never will.

If these new journal rules sound appropriate for the times we live in (until the Moderator has time to act), kindly place the following known internet trolls that do not have a trade journal of their own onto your ignore list:

Banned List (No-Fly-Zone) of Internet Trolls: (currently in my Ignore List)

Begin List

7th Error9000
FetteredChinos
dcraig1
Ripcord

End List

Notes:

User ID “Danger Field” is very close to getting quarantined. Just a fair warning and a request for you to remain civil.

7thSignalTrader

a: FetteredChinos does have a journal.
b: just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them a troll.
c: it is upto each individual to determine whether anyone should or shouldnt be on an ignore list.
d: your attitude with regards moderators and what they should or shouldnt do is somewhat arrogant.
e: treating people who simply disagree as lesser and unworthy, is just plain insulting.
f: ripcord is a valued member who has given good, straight advice. his lack of a journal does not diminish this.
g: most of the seasoned members on this board tend to have a cynical attitude and prefer "show-me" results. ( based on replicable ideas, not black-box )

You have the makings of a good study. Your attempts at interpreting the markets as if it were a airplane flight are interesting ( no-fly-zone, radar, turbulence ). I myself think of trading as sailing the oceans, complete with strong breezes, cross-currents, squalls etc.
Please dont get too fixated with using flying as an analogy for the markets. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting so pre-occupied with the poetry of the Dashboard, you end up constantly re-interpreting the market as something else, rather than what it is. ( have you programmed a black-swan bird-strike that takes out the entire account ? )

hope you will post further unambiguous trades, and build up a following based results.
good luck.

h: it helps to have a sense of humour.
i: failing (h) above, you should get on with Socrates like a book-on-fire. ( little in-joke )

A quick word about Naysayers and what they fear so much:

A naysayer is someone who for whatever personal, deeply rooted psychological, very often emotional and always spiritual reason(s), have feelings of inadequacy, rage, anger, hate, jealousy, envy, spite and a severe lack of self-worth. These failings get exposed whenever the naysaywer comes in contact with something that he/she views as being “better” (as he or she defines it) than themselves or their own best effort work product.

Now, if the truth be told, these are really deeply rooted spiritual problems. These are people who enjoy (delight in) initiating false causes that result in negativity that their sick spirit needs to feel fulfilled. This world is swarming with millions of people in this sad spiritual condition.

If you already have the naysaying spirit, then once you encounter that which you feel is a threat to your ego, you can’t help but initiate reactions outward that spell your own lack of self-worth and self-dignity. So, if you are already predisposed to the naysaying spirit, it will not take much to trigger an initiating attack type response without provocation.

So, when someone shows up on a trading forum with something new, different and the appropriate level of experience that comes with it and actually goes as far as to demonstrate the fruits of a positive work product, the naysayer will always put on their blinders, ignore the fact and create their own self-reinforcing delusion that someone needs to be attacked and repelled because obviously what’s going on here is completely impossible according to their world view.

Forget about the fact that the reality of success is sitting right under their nose in broad daylight every single day, that matters not to the naysayer. What matters to the naysayer is the fact that they did not or could not produce the same success on their own. That’s the bottom line reality behind why we see so much naysaying going on in online trading forums, almost everywhere you look. I see it happening on forums that I have observed over the years with many different people who got attacked by a band of naysaying fools, simply because their method of trading was superior to that of the naysayers on the forum. This has been going on for YEARS in this business. So, there is nothing new about this naysaying syndrome.

I’ve been doing online real-time trade journals for years and have only recently began doing online real-time Digital Trade Journals. I’ve had a small group of 12 people years ago that I simply gave my 2nd Generation trading system to without so much as asking for a “thank you” in return. That system was designed specifically for Stocks and Equity Options and I even spent my own personal time doing live chat training sessions with that small group. One person out of that group did so well wit it that he went on to tweak and develop his own real-time trading system based on the underlying system core that I gave to him many years ago. He’s now a full-time Forex trader as he has adapted his system to the currency markets. He recently sold his restaurant business so that he could focus exclusively on his trading.

THAT is called having impact in the lives of people in a positive way. Naysayers, hate that. And, THAT is the kind of thing that I had hoped would happen years ago when I began freely discussing this new approach to trading many years ago. I did it freely, never once asking anyone for a single dime in return. In fact, I’ve been asked by people that I have helped in the past become better traders, to take some of their profits that they felt they owed me. On every single occasion I have said no thank you.

Who does this kind of thing? Who gives things away like this? Who impacts the lives of people in a positive way while seeking nothing in return – ever? People who are in this world genuinely trying to help others – that’s who does this kind of thing.

So, my trade journals (there must be at least 15 out there on the net in total dating back to my old stock days) have been for the purposes of conducing public Beta Tests, Live Research, Continuing System Development, Live Cash Trading and to hopefully inspire new traders to reach for something beyond mere convention and outside of that they once thought might have been out of reach. The flood of emails that I’ve received over the years from people all over the world letting me know that what I shared with them years ago has turned them into better traders today, has been payment in full for anything I have given away or shared to date. Just seeing them develop over the years as a direct result of what I tried to share with them about my own experiences in trading is more than enough repayment than I will ever need and/or seek.

This is the reality that a naysayer just cannot stand and despises so much. And, it is based solely upon their own shortcomings in life and their own spirit of negativity and not anything that anyone has done to them. Their problems emerge out of the things that they have done to themselves and they have no one else to blame for their faults other than, themselves.

Last edited:
Part of the problem is simple.

On your previous threads under TradeVector, Turbinetrader, Stealthtrader, etc etc. you have announced to all and sundry that you traded from $800 to $36 million in six months.

You then go on ad nauseum to say that you place trades using 40% of your equity each time to achieve these incredible results.

You also by some amazing feat place your 50,000 lot trades with "non retail" interbank brokers (over 14 at one time simultaneously) but get a leverage of 200:1 ! that's a $5bn trade and yet the market doesn't move a pip when you place it ?

And then when somebody (lets say 90% of people) has some doubts as to the feasability of these achievements we go down the name calling and abuse route everytime. ?

What in all honesty do you expect ?

Just give up with all the name calling and the 2 page indignant rhetoric and post the trades.

Entry, stop, limit. in normal typeface, not some screenshot that takes 500 words to explain. Entry : Stop : Limit. lets see you finally prove all the "naysayers" wrong

I would have thought you would get great satisfaction out of that,

trendie said:
7thSignalTrader

a: FetteredChinos does have a journal.

Having 3,000+ posts under you name does not make you a good trader. It may make you a “seasoned” member of a “board”, but what does this have to do with respecting the journal of other members? And, what does it say about people who enter someone else’s journal merely for the purpose of throwing around pig slop? Is this what we should expect from “seasoned” members of this board? What type of trash was this when posted in my journal by FC?:

FetteredChinos said:
"yes", "but" "I" "think" "you" "will" "find" "that" "the" "management" "don't" "take" "too" "kindly" "to" "multiple" "aliases" "and" "as" "for" "reading" "the" "record", "I" "am" "afraid" "I" "have" "trouble" "concentrating" "when" "reading" "your" "excessive" "verbiage". "As" "a" "result", "I" "might" "miss" "a" "few" "points" "here" "and" "there".FC

trendie said:
b: just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them a troll.

Disagree with what? Can you honest answer that question? What are they disagreeing with exactly? I’d really like to know the answer to that question if you have one. What makes them an Internet Troll is not that they “disagree”. What makes them a Troll is their intrusion into a Trade Journal with non-sequitur, off-topic, aimless, hopeless rants that provide no one in the journal with any insight into anything being displayed in said journal. THAT is what makes them a Troll of epic proportions even with 1 billion posts under their name.

trendie said:
c: it is upto each individual to determine whether anyone should or shouldnt be on an ignore list.

It is also up to me to determine whether or not I wish to continue this journal while putting up with non-sequitur comment after non-sequitur comment heaped upon off-topic meaningless drivel by the pound. It is also up to each individual to choose to use common sense and civility, as well.

trendie said:
d: your attitude with regards moderators and what they should or shouldnt do is somewhat arrogant.

Then that flies in the face of the link under each individual userid that the “moderator put there”, to report troublemakers expressly for the purpose of having their behavior corrected. So, when you outrageously call me arrogant, you unknowingly call the Moderators arrogant as well – for it was they who placed the “Report This” link under each of our userid’s. So, you cannot have it both ways. The concept of having such a link is expressly designed for the purpose of suggesting that someone be banned and it was placed there by the Moderators/Administrators of this board. So, are you now claiming that they are arrogant as well? I don’t have admin privileges on this board, so I could not have placed the link there myself.

trendie said:
e: treating people who simply disagree as lesser and unworthy, is just plain insulting.

The one being “treated” here is me. In case you have not noticed. Treated by those naysaying fools who continually interrupt a perfectly fine Trade Journal. You don’t seem to get what’s going on here, do you. Go read this journal from front to back. What do you find? Do you find me creating a Trade Journal and then going negative without provocation inside my own Trade Journal? That would be dumb, if I did that – would it not? The only time you see me WASTING TIME on posts like these, is when somebody like you initates some garbage that I end up having to clean up behind you. Your entire post was totally unnecessary as I never initiated and attack on anyone here.

Your logic makes no sense. One the one hand you say that people should not be treated lesser or unworthy simply because they “disagree”. Did you even think about this before you typed it? Replay your own words in your head for just a second until the problem with this logic hits you stone cold. You just made my entire argument for me!

1) I started a Trade Journal with zero negativity.
2) People who disagreed went negative and treated me lesser and unworthy with their continual non-sequitur interruptions.
3) According to your own logical syllogism, they have insulted me.

If the logic cuts one way, then it must always cut the other. Thank you, for making my argument for me.

trendie said:
f: ripcord is a valued member who has given good, straight advice. his lack of a journal does not diminish this.

The explain this incredibly ignorant post by Ripcord:

Ripcord said:
That's the most useful and succinct statement posted on this thread. Although it's a shame it's going away as it has provided a great deal of amusement whilst enjoying the morning coffee!!

What does “valued member” mean to you? Does valued member mean making a post containing absolutely zero value whatsoever relative to the purpose for which the Trade Journal was created? Rather than ask an intelligent question on a subject or material that he obviously did not understand, he instead did what all naysayers do. He engaged in a passive aggressive cheap-shot. Pure and simple. No one with any degree of honesty whatsoever is going to read what he wrote in its proper context and disagree with me on this. Rather than learn something that he obviously did not know, he instead decided to shot himself in the foot.

Now, is that what you call “valued member input”? He did this in someone else’s Trade Journal, not some general thread on some non-specific topic.

trendie said:
g: most of the seasoned members on this board tend to have a cynical attitude and prefer "show-me" results. ( based on replicable ideas, not black-box )

Most “seasoned traders” don’t have a clue about what I’m doing. And, most traders that you will find on this or any other board are not trading at my level of lot size or Cost Basis Per Trade. Nor, are most seasoned traders (as you call them) are seeing the same level of trade accuracy and/or consistency over time. You are not going to “replicate” this trading technology under any circumstances and at any time. This is not a give-a-way program or a handout and it was never designed to be such.

Furthermore, what do you think a “Trading System” is all about? We ALL trade with a “black box” and any really experienced trader already understands this fact. It does not matter whether you are a Conventional Technical Analysis Trader, an Fundamental Analysis Trader, or a New Technology Trader such as myself, we ALL use rules based trading methodologies.

1) Trading using MACD, RSI, R1, etc., type tools implies enforcing “rules”.

2) Trading using FOMC, ECB, BOJ, NFP, CPI, PPI, etc, based tools/information implies enforcing “rules”.

3) Trading using Alpha-5P Harmonics, Enhanced Roll-Up Distinct Vega and Integrated Meta Clusters, etc., type tools implies enforcing “rules”.

Numbers 1 and 2 are familiar to everyone on the planet. Number 3, is a tiny portion of a brand new trading technology developed over a six )6) year period. ALL three form the bases of rules driven trading and are part of the decision support infrastructure that ALL traders use. These rules can be coded or left un-coded and used manually. Just because numbers 1 and 2 might not be coded, does not mean that they are not rules based. And, if it is rules based relative to trading, then by logical extension it is a Trading System, which is the very definition of a “Black Box”.

We ALL use black boxes. That’s not the question and never has been. The real question is: How Black is Your Box!

trendie said:
You have the makings of a good study. Your attempts at interpreting the markets as if it were a airplane flight are interesting ( no-fly-zone, radar, turbulence ). I myself think of trading as sailing the oceans, complete with strong breezes, cross-currents, squalls etc.

There is no “no-fly-zone” concept in the trading system that I’ve designed. Radar and Turbulence are not separate concepts in the system, so there is no over relating one concept to another. They are part of the same cluster of indicators. The Radar is a composite core indicator within the system. Turbulence is merely a high level term used to describe what the market is doing, has done, or is about to do. But, thanks anyway for the compliment.

trendie said:
Please dont get too fixated with using flying as an analogy for the markets. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting so pre-occupied with the poetry of the Dashboard, you end up constantly re-interpreting the market as something else, rather than what it is. ( have you programmed a black-swan bird-strike that takes out the entire account ? )

You are going to have to actually know something about this trading technology in order to understand why this last statement really does not apply here. There is no nexus between “re-interpreting” the market as something else and this trading technology. In fact, given the nature of this trading technology, that would be impossible to do. This is not an “interpretive” system 100% of the time. This system is nicely balanced almost 50/50 between trend following model and predictive model. This systems core responsibility is to take real-time measurements of mathematical structures that conventional TA cannot see.

This system involves mathematics encased by logical wrappers called Algorithms and those include concepts taken from Physics (Sub-Atomics), Biology (DNA Sequencing and Replication) and Aerodynamics (specifically Fluid Mechanics). All of those areas I have an educational background in with the exception of Biology – I had to do a lot of research in that area.

This system is the next best thing to a living organism for trading. It thinks, it has a pulse, it breaths, and it bleeds. It gets sick and then it heals itself automatically. It self-replicates “good behavior”. It has vision and it can sense and/or detect anomalistic events and make appropriate adjustments in its projections. This is 21st Century Trading. Not anything close to conventional TA.

trendie said:
hope you will post further unambiguous trades, and build up a following based results.
good luck.

If a Digital Dashboard complete with plain English Entry, Limit, Stop and Pip Performance displays is not “unambiguous” enough, then nothing that anyone anywhere in the world could ever post on any forum could be considered “clear”. The Dashboard has got to be the most brain-dead easiest thing to follow. It uses Big Bold Fonts, good character spacing and line separation along with fully 32bit Color. It cannot get any easier than this.

trendie said:
h: it helps to have a sense of humour.
i: failing (h) above, you should get on with Socrates like a book-on-fire. ( little in-joke )

I have a very, very funny sense of “humor” if you actually knew me. I am a total clown among my Wife and Close Friends when we are spending quality time together and I prefer to read the Bible.

However, I have been patient for many years with the unsavory naysaying attitude that prevails in this online trading forum business. So, you are seeing me get a bit tired of the same ole nonsense that comes from jealous people. That’s all – I’m just getting a little tired of their shortcomings getting in the way of people that I’m trying to share things with. If they don’t like what I’m doing, that’s fine. But, they should not interrupt my journal like this with completely moot discourse.

Thank you for your post!

Brabed said:
Hey 7th,

Nice to be here. Yes, call me a lurker. I am actually starting to make some of my own trade calls, but using your dashboards, as, um...calibration, for lack of a better term. The good news is that most of my calls have been jiving with yours :LOL: . I've just been watching so as to keep the journal sanitary.

Keeping it clean is what it is supposed to be all about, yet so many seem to forget that point. A journal is supposed to be about trading - the results speak for themselves - so it makes no sense inside a "journal" for these people to behave like children, the way they do. People are more concerned with the number of posts you have, rather than the content of the posts you make.

Anyway, good to see you here and yes - lol - some of those trades might be "jiving" with my own. :cool: The fact that some of them are in-sync means that you are getting better at understanding the role of using those 30 baseline indicators I gave the group against the daily, weekly and monthly bars of data. So, good job on that!

I've got some additional indicators that go along with those baseline 30, that you guys should also be aware of, but I did not want to overwhelm at first. Let me know when you guys are ready for them. They dove-tail into the baseline 30 and start to give you that "beyond the horizon" ability in your trading, but the math has to be set-up correctly in order them to work out. ;)

BTW – I’ve got my Naysaying Banned Troll List fully engaged at this point and the list is up to date at present – unless yet another naysayer wants to join the list. So, I can focus exclusively on those questions from sincere people with honest motives and no negative agenda. If your list matches mine, then we should see no re-quote from the naysayer set. Which is a good fix for me, as the moderator does not seem to want to do the right thing here.

Hi all.

I thought 7thratetrader has given up posting here?

TradeVector - you've got almost as many farewell/comebacks as another member. Admittedly, his BBQs are more fun. Lots more cinders....

What sparked him off again? Low supplies of Thorazine?

Hats off to a guy that can conjure a storm of multi-nick support without being spotted by the mods though.

Jeez...what a month in the jungle will do for your senses...

SHARP!!!! SHARP!!! SHARP!!!

im1vestr said:
Hi! 7th

I am doing better now. Been in and out of commission this week. I've had my first experience with kidney stones. Hasn't been much fun. I am feeling better (thanks to the meds I am on). Spent today reading this journal from the beginning. I will have to read a lot of your post over and over. You are way to deep for me, but be patient with me. I am a bulldog when it comes to determination. I know if I hang in there long enough, I will start seeing things. I am feeling pretty good about interpreting your dashboard but I have got to learn how it works (in a simplified way) I could never do what you do. I don't have the education nor the skill. But "Hey" doesn't hurt to try. I wish I had been around when you started your first system and I could have grown with it! Oh well.... Looking forward to your dashboard post for tonite.
Where you out of? I am here in Phoenix AZ.
I was planning on shorting around the 2390 area if it gets back there. I base most of that on that it is close to the top of the daily channel dating back to 2/28, and again thanks for your posting and your time.

PS If you post on any other threads under diff IDs let me know.
Dave

Ouch! Been there done that with the Kidney Stones.

They say that it approximates what a Woman goes through during the birthing process! Man, if that is what they go through, then I sure do have a lot more respect for having a child! :eek: That really does hurt. It was the only pain that I can remember actually knocking off my feet. I have a high threshold for physical pain, but when I had my stones, it took me off my feet completely and tons of morphine was needed! :cheesy: I will never forget that week of pure pain. Sorry, you had to experience it.

Yes - go over as much as you can and then ask questions when you feel like it. No prob! :)

Compounding said:
Yes... just like old times... :D Always a pleasure to observe your work 7th.

Comp, what part of Brooklyn are you from? I'm from the Bronx and Albany, but it is a long story - :D My Father was a Jazz Musician and played with all the great from New York to San Francisco, back when big time Jazz Clubs were the buzz (the Duke, Dizzy, etc.). So, we traveled a lot when I was being born - that's what they tell me and Brooklyn/Albany were places I spent some time in before we moved out the West Coast.

chuck5803 said:
Hi TV,

One question that I never got around to ask you: you always said that Magnitude was the blood of TCDs and that's one of the reasons you chose the EURUSD as your main trading pair. Since the GBPUSD has significantly more Magnitude, why didn't you choose it instead?

Good question. Yes, without Magnitude, it is hard to go anywhere – so you need a “degree” of it that fuels your own personal revenue growth requirements. I can trade any currency pair in the world as long as it has a clearing source that I can connect to and trade through (ie, Bank or Interbank Intermediary). I began all of my research using the six (6) major pairs in the global market. EURUSD, at that time had one of the biggest PPV’s and one of the biggest daily volume flows, consistent over time. So, most of my research went into that pair.

I used to try and target 90 pips a day using the tips of each TCD and running short or long for the duration. That was before I was using Weekly and Monthly data. Of course, I ran into the problem of Extended TCD’s that did not reverse (like having one Tactical Long TCD-F% at 100% today with the Tactical Short TCD-F% at 41% and then the very next day having that same Tactical Long TCD-F% hitting 121% and the Tactical Short TCD-F% shrinking to 37%). I found this very perplexing for a while until I began using Weekly and Monthly data. Then it became clear – the Daily Tactical Long TCD was “Extending” from session to session because it was inside the Weekly Tactical Long TCD which was the dominant TCD inside that bar. So, it really became a bar matching issue and then a TCD synchronization issue after that.

Along, the way, I build my first “Revenue Model” and began to look at my capital requirement needs over the next 10 years of projects that I had slated and realized that I don’t need 90 pips a day. In fact, now, just 7 pips a day will keep the revenue flowing and the Revenue Model on schedule for striking all of its revenue targets within the next 2 years of full time trading. So, even though GBPUSD does have bigger Magnitude, I just don’t need as much and have become so familiar with the behavior of EURUSD, that I never really had a pressing need to change.

Yes, the DAPD and Omega values do tend to be significantly more on GBPUSD than EURUSD, but I have become a Revenue Model Trader over the years and that means consistency expressed over an extended period of time. It is also directly tied to the trading system, showing exactly how many Lots I need to execute on per trade. Being a Revenue Model Trader, to me – is far less stressful.

It means, instead of trading to achieve simple cash acquisition at the end of the day, I start with a capital requirement based on the funding needs of a future project I have in mind and the time in which I would like to see those projects get off the ground (I have several). This places revenue targets out into the future at fixed points. I then edit the parameters of the Revenue Model to intercept those revenue target at a specific point in the future based on the system’s minimum pip performance at its highest point of trade-to-trade accuracy.

This makes trading a whole lot less stressful as all am doing at this point is trading money for time and not time for money. This gives me both a real and psychological edge when I trade – knowing that I only need 7 pips per day to reach my goals AND seeing Dashboards with anywhere between 25 to 95 pips worth of Daily Target projections, is a real comforting piece of reality.

I trade each and every day. Sitting on the sidelines only when News is pending that I think can hurt a position, or when there are technical issues preventing me from physically getting into the market, or when I just feel like taking some time off and away from trading. Other than that, I’m in the market each 24 hour segment without fail. That, combined with the performance of the system provides me the level of consistency that fuels the Revenue Model’s projections.

So, I do like big pip days, just like anyone else. But, over the years, I’ve shifted into being a different type of Day Trader with very long range revenue goals and targets based not on simple EOD cash on account, but geometric growth of capital over extended periods of time that coincide with the specific funding requirements of external projects.

So, in reality, I let my future projects combined with the practical reliability of the system drive my Revenue Model and that in turn tells me what kind Omega values will work in my trading.

Also, big Omega cuts both ways! So, when the system gets it wrong – that now that big Omega has a more negative impact on the overall account balance. So, both big Omega/DAPD and small Omega/DAPD have their respective positive and negative features. If the big Omega pairs work for you and your needs – then stick with it by all means. But, if you want less of a destructive force hitting your account when things go wrong (and they will some day) then you can always scale back to a pair with less Omega/DAPD/Magnitude.

Very, very, very good question. It is one that gets to the heart of my evolution as a trader.

Hope this helps!

4/20/06 to 4/21/06

Note and Cautions to follow.

Attachments

• April 20 to April 21 S.jpg
    April 20 to April 21 S.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 247
Bug Found:

Located a small bug in the Swing Trade profile (not being traded) and it will take me a second to find the source and correct it. This is a mid-week Swing Trade Signal reversal, so it looks like it is not picking up the right target for the Swing. Moot, as I am not trading the Swing, but it does make the Swing Trade profile in the Dashboard look kind of strange.

So, I'll get back to your questions once I've finished the debug.

In the meantime, the Initial Move first target is being approached by the market from the Open. There is a high probability for Day Trade primary move draw-down on this trade - as the session should prove to be rather volatile on the smaller minute charts.

7th,

I think we might be ready for the 'next' lesson, no need to worry too much about overwhelming. In fact, we are getting together tomorrow (Fri) at 21:00GMT same way we did last time. If you could drop by, that would be swell, but even if you could pop in at the website, I'm sure you would make a lot of people happy :LOL:

In fact I had some specific questions for you that have been on my mind....

Brabed

7thSignalTrader said:
Keeping it clean is what it is supposed to be all about, yet so many seem to forget that point. A journal is supposed to be about trading - the results speak for themselves - so it makes no sense inside a "journal" for these people to behave like children, the way they do. People are more concerned with the number of posts you have, rather than the content of the posts you make.

Anyway, good to see you here and yes - lol - some of those trades might be "jiving" with my own. :cool: The fact that some of them are in-sync means that you are getting better at understanding the role of using those 30 baseline indicators I gave the group against the daily, weekly and monthly bars of data. So, good job on that!

I've got some additional indicators that go along with those baseline 30, that you guys should also be aware of, but I did not want to overwhelm at first. Let me know when you guys are ready for them. They dove-tail into the baseline 30 and start to give you that "beyond the horizon" ability in your trading, but the math has to be set-up correctly in order them to work out. ;)

BTW – I’ve got my Naysaying Banned Troll List fully engaged at this point and the list is up to date at present – unless yet another naysayer wants to join the list. So, I can focus exclusively on those questions from sincere people with honest motives and no negative agenda. If your list matches mine, then we should see no re-quote from the naysayer set. Which is a good fix for me, as the moderator does not seem to want to do the right thing here.

4/20/06 to 4/21/06

Got my minimum - going to extend IM Target (Limit to Manual) out a bit as the Day Trade Profile is not active ("On"). This trade is a bit tricky and will take some explantion as to why the Day Trade profiles shows "Pending Release" and "Off".

4/20/06 to 4/21/06 Trade Update and Notes:

Bug Fix complete. Mid-Week Swing Trade Signal has reversed (check previous Dashboard's this week to see the difference) however, that configuration was pointing to the wrong Swing Target for the Short - which cannot start until next week on the first trading day of the week (refer to the previous post where I give exact profile activation parameters).

There are many targets within this system with specific pointers attached to them for specific market conditions and system configurations. This one was pointing to the wrong target and was also moot as this week's Active Swing Trade profile was long as the previous Dashboard's indicate. Mid-Week "Swing" Trade signals are not traded - especially when the reversal target shows up on the Dashboard inverted. The inversion occurs when the signal is Long and the target displays on the Dashboard below the Entry, or when the signal is Short and the target displays on the Dashboard above the Entry. That defines a condition called Target Inversion and is not tradable.

A tricky session:

Notice the Swing Trade Signal is now in “Delta” and the Day Trade Signal’s probability indicator is shaded in yellow and below 60% at 53.33% probability. This foretells volatility on the horizon as the system’s primary signals go through their transition phases which typically happen over the weekend, but can happen at anytime there is a strong overbought or oversold condition.

So, on a trade like this, I will typically take the minimum requirement to keep the revenue model flowing and wait for the next clear signal realizing that the next session is always going to be available. Or, I will sometimes re-enter the position if the system’s begins to project stronger signals.

The system rarely displays a Day Trade Profile as “Off” and “Waiting”, but it does happen from time-to-time. So, I will maintain the IM and if the price continues to fail to the upside, I will take the pips on the table and retire for the session or re-enter if the Day Trade Profile becomes active in the “On” condition.

I’ve designed the system to “think” about its situation relative to what the market is telling it and relative to what it has seen in the past. This helps to provide a level of flexibility in real-time that I cannot calculate alone. To me, this is the essence of decision support – having another “brain” (if you will) considering alternative options in real-time and calculating them at a rate that is humanly impossible to replicate.

IM Long on Hold with Manual Exit based on real-time output from Dashboard. If I needed to leave my office at the start of this trade, I would have set my Limit at the target, collected the 15 pips and called returned later to re-enter as/if appropriate. Because I am at my desk, I can be more hands-on, especially in times when the Day Trade Profile is “Off” and “Waiting”.

(edit: added pic of Dashboard with Swing profile bug fix)

(edit: Cosmetic Alteration. Simply turned of the Pip performance data for all trade profiles in "Off" and "Waiting" mode. Updated pic added)

Attachments

• April 20 to April 21 After Bug Fix.jpg
    April 20 to April 21 After Bug Fix.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
4/20/06 to 4/21/06 Trade - Initial Observations

Notice the initial price action "stalling" right after $1.2315 was struck directly off the Open of $1.2299.