Active day and swing traders

its been mad today, so busy, i got in cna too at 223.25 and wpp at 595 and still got cs. and bt. the bull is defo on our side. so will see.

marben said:
CNA seems to have suddenly taken off. I can't see any news (yet). Anyone got any ideas why?

I understand that S&P has confirmed it's credit rating on CNA. Guess that's what triggered the rise.

marben said:
I understand that S&P has confirmed it's credit rating on CNA. Guess that's what triggered the rise.

good morning all.

nikkei is not really moving and dow closed roughly the same as when we closed, mmm whats today going to give us??

marben, re cna also not sure if u noticed when pirce gone pass its 50 days of around 229 massive buying trying to push it through higher and supporting the price too. i guessed they were either short covering from institutions or they start buying, perhaps? well as u said will see what happen later.

marben said:

'morning all,

(definitely morning this time). WRONG! :cheesy: Looks like it was insider trading. Positive news released this morning. Price has leapt a further 5p, so closed my trade @ 234.75 (opened long @ 225.75 on 7/7). I expect a pullback from an early leap. Buy on the rumour, sell on the news.

Mark

yeah good call on cna, i got filled at 236.25, think i will buy them back at around 229 if it gets there

Hectic morning but a quick update: opened 50% size long trade in SCTN @ 479.25 earlier this morning.

Just closed GSK short @ 1353 (Opened at 1376 yesterday). Looks like there's signficant buying support at this level, so hoping to get back in again at a higher level later.

'morning all,

Busy start to the week: bought other 50% of SCTN trade @ 482.5, as price above Friday's high and appeared to be moving higher (it promptly moved lower after I placed the trade :cheesy: ).

Closed CW short trade @ 148.5 (after opening @ 145.25 on 14/7) as price seems to be accelerating upwards. A deficit of "buy" trades, desptie this rise, suggests that a large buy order is being worked. Intend to re-open the trade once this order prints, unless my stop level is breached first. I'm surprised at the rise, as the propsed takeover of Energis seems like a risky move by CW. Maybe someone knows that this bid WON'T succeed & is buying on the basis that the price will rise once it's called off.

Mark

marben said:
I'm surprised at the rise, as the proposed takeover of Energis seems like a risky move by CW. Maybe someone knows that this bid WON'T succeed & is buying on the basis that the price will rise once it's called off.

OTOH, I see that some analysts are considering an Energis takeover as positive!

Fundamentally, though the reason for today's rise is that someone is trying to buy a big block of shares: there are still far more "sell" trades printing than "buys", so there are plenty of willing sellers at current prices.

morning all,
been a busy morning again, got stopped bout with itv first thing in the morning, not nice, but then shorted imt, blt and rtr, so the portfolio looks better now.

Fluke said:
Currently short gsk @1348 Sb Rolling

Any comments.

morning all.

gsk looks nice its just below 50ma . i am short on rtr in three diff tranches, 406,405, and 403. still short on blt, imt and jmat. closed wpp and bt long.

Fluke said:
Currently short gsk @1348 Sb Rolling

Any comments.
Hi Fluke,

Hope you can take the rest of the profit I left in that trade :cool:. I've had a fantastic run shorting that share but, for me, it's geting into the zone where the risk of a rise back doesn't tempt me in. OTOH the market seems generally weak so far this week, so I hope it goes well for you.

Been another busy morning for me: closed CW short @ 150.25, just before it hit my stop. Opened shorts in SGE @ 225.75 & BT @ 227. Summary of current position: short BATS, SGE, BT; long BSY, SCTN.

Cheers,

Mark

PS looks like that big buy order for CW is still going through. Deficit of buy trades vs sells continues.

Thank's you two,I would like to trade like you do,but I am no good at day trading,have tried it but cannot do it.
It's just a hobby for me, I dont do this for a living,but I like to see how you do it,thats why I follow this thread and I respect your veiws and am sure you both are skilled at what you do,wish I was..
LOL Regards