Active day and swing traders

Bats

I reckon BATS may be ripe for a short soon but I'll let the bulls wear themselves out first ;)

Wmh

Just closed my WMH long @ 559 (Opened in 2 chunks @ 532.5 on 21/6 & @ 536 on 22/6).

I trade LSE shares and use Sharescope EOD charts mostly and some 60 mins charts.I buy some to hold and spread bet others.I trade similar to Barjon but dont use candles,I use trend lines supp and res and SMAS etc.
Just found this thread and hope it will continue,unfotunately I find that some threads on here giving info on UK shares dont continue for very long but hope this one will.
I am also looking at shorting glh and bats.Am currently long bp,xta,pru,blt and rio,no shorts at the mo.

Fluke said:
I trade LSE shares and use Sharescope EOD charts mostly and some 60 mins charts.I buy some to hold and spread bet others.I trade similar to Barjon but dont use candles,I use trend lines supp and res and SMAS etc.
Just found this thread and hope it will continue,unfotunately I find that some threads on here giving info on UK shares dont continue for very long but hope this one will.
I am also looking at shorting glh and bats.Am currently long bp,xta,pru,blt and rio,no shorts at the mo.

thanks fluke and welcome.

yeah i like the way jonbar trades. i have learnt quite a bit from him but still need to keep myself from being too hyper.

i hope this thread will last too, but will need more ppl involved, hope u will keep on posting here.

afternoon all

eased out of land this morning so no positions now - expect to stay like that for a bit. rbs would have triggered when it bounced off 1702 this morning after the small gap opening, didn't take it though - you in it, khi, or is memory playing me false?

nice to see you here , fluke

good trading

jon

Morning Barjon, Welcome Fluke,

Just went short BATS @ 1090. 50% intended trade size as previous day's low not yet breached but Level 2 data suggests further fall today likely. Will increase to full size if/when prev day's low breached.

barjon said:
afternoon all

eased out of land this morning so no positions now - expect to stay like that for a bit. rbs would have triggered when it bounced off 1702 this morning after the small gap opening, didn't take it though - you in it, khi, or is memory playing me false?

nice to see you here , fluke

good trading

jon

hi jon,
nah closed the long right after the news on thursday at 88. :mad:

barjon said:
working off 2 hour delayed charts, eh :cheesy:

jon
I think it's my brain that's delayed rather than the charts...(still in morning mode).

Here's some sacriledge: I no longer use charts to time intraday entry/exit. Monitoring changes in level2 volume and tradeflow seems to work better for me.

I use weekly and daily charts to get trading candidates (from FTSE100), trade direction, determine stop positions and get rough entry/exit timings.

Cheers,

Mark

Gsk

Just closed my GSK short @ 1375, taking a loss from opening position of 1367 on 7/7. This trade was looking dodgy as weekly MACD seemed to be bouncing up, based on Friday close figures (likely to be reinforced by today's close). Also Level 2 strength seems to be building since NY opened.

I may re-enter (hopefully from a higher level) if/when support for this stock weakens.

marben said:
Just closed my GSK short @ 1375, taking a loss from opening position of 1367 on 7/7. This trade was looking dodgy as weekly MACD seemed to be bouncing up, based on Friday close figures (likely to be reinforced by today's close). Also Level 2 strength seems to be building since NY opened.

I may re-enter (hopefully from a higher level) if/when support for this stock weakens.

lets hope i make a bit of profit on gsk first before u reenter mate :) .

well have been good for not doing a single trade yet. Have a workin order on L2 order book to sell more glh, but have not got filled yet. frustrating!!

Morning all (or afternoon if you're being picky :LOL: ),

Just got in to the other half of my BATS short @ 1086, as price dipped below yesterday's low.

Mark

PS looks like I should have stuck with my GSK trade. D'oh!!!!!!

Last edited:
PS looks like I should have stuck with my GSK trade. D'oh!!!!!![/QUOTE]

afternoon

and i should not have got in :(

Just taken some profit,closed longs on Rio and Pru.
I'm a bit nervoiuse about the advance of the market and will stand to one side for a while.

Fluke said:
Just taken some profit,closed longs on Rio and Pru.
I'm a bit nervoiuse about the advance of the market and will stand to one side for a while.

nice fluke

yeah its tough to do anything in this market :devilish: esp. making money, respect :)

Last edited: