A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
great reminder F .................but as already discussed its very important to get some work life balance going on............so enjoy that holiday you have soon !

N

bloody right mate :cool:.................

in fact i'm bringing the AU back into my usd team to scalp......dropping the swissie for a while

not quite the EA but nearly there ........I missed some decent AU action earlier on the usds recent selloff......but never again ..:p

N

Hi N

Yes - the good old Aussie - also can be nicely negatively correlated with another of your favourites - the UCad

That certainly dropped after the last 3 00 pm red news - 90 pip drop - and i was not around for it

Hope its been another good day

I bet you are like me- looking forward to your holidays ( again )

Regards

F

Whilst I am waiting to see if I can buy the EU above 1145 / 50 area either in this TW or later on - I though I would explain more on how you can be so much more time efficient with your trading

I am a Full time FX Intraday retail trader - just in case its not obvious - and have been for coming up soon 8 yrs and with another 5 + yrs just prior as a part time day trader.

Full time FX intraday trading can be very boring and i certainly don't want to spend 6 -8 -10 hrs every day staring at charts - i did that for far too long - but it certainly paid off with all the knowledge I gained over a few years .

For me - living in the UK - I ideally want to cover the 6 00 am to 6 00 pm UK 12hr shift - its the busiest session of the 24 hr trading day.

Every day you get clues on when the busier times will be.

I certainly don't mind helping other intraday FX traders to beat the system - because as we all know only a small percentage really make it on a consistently winning basis - but I feel its important that they do use their own brains and eyes to get there - with me helping more with the clues

For example - in an ideal day you need to be around for the 3 Opens - Europe - UK - US and ideally 15 -30 mins before red news announcement

So right away if there are say 2 main red news announcement and 3 Opens a day - that 5 times and say 30 mins at each time ( before the event and after ) that makes 150 minutes and approx 2 hrs and 30 mins

You then have other Key KTs ( yes Key Key Times ) ie 11 00 am and 3 00 pm and 3 30 pm and occasionally 5 00 pm

You will also every day have BTTZ tease zones . They can last just 30 mins or can even go on 90 mins to 2 hrs - so in those periods you either ignore them and check every 30 mins to see if price as come out the play range.

Depending on your daily targets and your experience - you will need at least two hours every day around the busier periods to get the 20+ pips in under 15 mins

You occasionally do get some good moves from 6 30 pm to 8 or 9 00 pm - especially if afternoon US dollar news - but thats once or twice a month so for me if I cannot finish by 3 30 pm or 5 00 pm latest - its because I have missed out on the busier periods

4 32 pm did work on that EU buy at 1150 whilst we are on about it.

Time management and trading efficiency are so important for optimising your trading

Get the hours in the first 3 to 5 yrs of trading - but after 7 -10 - 15 yrs - well if you cannot make your money within a few 1 hr sessions - say 3 or 4 a day maximum - then you should go back to the drawing board and revisit your methods

Check you own diary and Economic calendar etc to cherry pick your own sessions etc as well as knowing your favourite pairs red news hrs - so to gain from them.

It should really be common sense - but sometimes even the obvious as to be pointed out.

Regards

F

this goes 100% for currency indexes as well .........the first few months when F shared his TW insights was very very valuable to me in helping to fine tune some of my index based scalping strategies .....

TW's are uncannily accurate most days on USD and the other G7.....at least 1 currency will always react on those key time points each hour (y)

N

Sun's thread on her own trading journey

Sun 11 is a young lady from India and I am sure this can be confirmed by T2W with her 1P address etc

She is now on day 25 of her Pathway to Improvement and has shown over a months worth of statements - with dates and times of her trades ( 2 + hr time difference) and they are all genuine with no paint work job etc - as on so many other joker threads over the years on this Forum.

She still has a long way to go - only stage 2 of 6 stages - but is making good progress and remaining consistent and disciplined and in control.

It can be so easy to let her stops go to 10 or 15 or 20 pips - but then the method would not work as the key is ultra tight stops / timing and eventually stops in profit and trades left on with partial stakes - with the main part of the stake win banked.

I would like to thank all members over this 10 days for not disturbing or taking her thread off topic - and although you cannot do it on this journal - as it invite only etc as long as you meet the requirements - I am not worried at all about all the jibes and "dissing" going on by my alternative fans in their threads - because - all whats happening is that members who are undecided and don't know what to believe will realise over the rest of this year what they are missing - ie a genuine retail Full Time FX trader who can talk the talk and more than walk the walk.

I do hope after I am back of holiday we can have at least 3 or 5 more "students" try out my totally free FX training course. As you all know - its not for traders with less then 12 -18 months of FX experience ( yes you can tell ) its for FX retail traders who have not developed or got to consistent profits - whether they hae been part time trading for 2 years - 5 years or even longer.

Unfortunately - the many members who just cannot believe its true or genuine - have shown their colours - they are either totally misinformed - naive - and have certainly not read all through my other threads to understand the concept.

I appreciate this forum as had many bogus or unprofessional vendors who have mislead and maybe taken traders monies and even ripped them off.

In my position - I have absolutely no reason or need to do that.

I make my income via trading FX pairs on a intraday basis. I am very very consistent - i have had the odd losing days in the last 3 years - but for nearly 2 years I have made over my daily pip target over 340 trading days out of the last 400 trading days I have been posting on this Forum.

Yes i am sure it sounds far too good to be true - but there again with approx 20k live trades experience behind me and over 7 years of approx 180 to 220 trading session per annum - I should be good.

I also appreciate this may also annoy a lot of other traders - you know what they say - if you drive a Rolls Royce or Ferrari in the US - people say - well done you have been successful. If you drive the same cars in some countries - including the UK - you are more likely to get it keyed / scratched as many hate success.

After spending approx 3 years working at Director Level with Richard Branson back in the 80's and having had a very successful business career - again I am streetwise and with a mindset that has been toughened over the last 30 years - nobody can easily intimidate me and so generally everything is like water of a ducks back etc

However for other members stepping up onto a new trading journal - its wrong to belittle or verbally intimidate them - but as I am sure all on this journal know - I will give you as much support as possible - and when I am dealing with normal genuine members - I can be as polite and helpful with my ego locked up in a cupboard - as I know what its like when you start to learn any new skill - its not always easy - and you will make mistakes - that's guaranteed

Its another few trading days before I go away and so please let me know if you want to start when I am back before the start of October

Cheers and Good Trading

Regards

F

Re Thursday 10th September AM

Will only be around for about 90 mins in the early morning session - and then out until Lunchtime and back to get a few hrs in after 2 pm

Friday 11th should hopefully me a more normal trading session - ie 3 to 4 hrs in morning and at least 2 hrs after 2pm

Still got 2 partials on EU from buys after 2 00 pm today and above 1165/70 its still in a bull PS with high so far at 1209/10

See you in the morning

F

Hi F and all,

Just to contribute a bit to the thread and specially those starting F’s method: I played today with Forex Tester 2 and managed to get the LRs. FT2 is great to practice during low volatility hours or on weekends, so you can practice F’s method on the M1 with LRs as live. I think extensive practice will improve your timing for the entries. I’m feeling a bit frustrated as my time zone only offers me only some 4 hours to practice and it seems like it’s not enough, so I plan to spend a couple of hours in the afternoon simulating with FT2.

FT2 is very much alike MT4, but it offers an indi called “Linear Regression Channel”. It’s based on 3 bands, but if you leave the upper and lower bands as transparent and only the middle one visible, the settings for the LRs are very accurate (I compared with Ctrader). Only the longest ones (300-450) are not displayed properly for unknown reasons.

Hope this this helps to engaged traders eager to learn F’s method.

Cheers,
Keen246

Hi F and all,

Just to contribute a bit to the thread and specially those starting F’s method: I played today with Forex Tester 2 and managed to get the LRs. FT2 is great to practice during low volatility hours or on weekends, so you can practice F’s method on the M1 with LRs as live. I think extensive practice will improve your timing for the entries. I’m feeling a bit frustrated as my time zone only offers me only some 4 hours to practice and it seems like it’s not enough, so I plan to spend a couple of hours in the afternoon simulating with FT2.

FT2 is very much alike MT4, but it offers an indi called “Linear Regression Channel”. It’s based on 3 bands, but if you leave the upper and lower bands as transparent and only the middle one visible, the settings for the LRs are very accurate (I compared with Ctrader). Only the longest ones (300-450) are not displayed properly for unknown reasons.

Hope this this helps to engaged traders eager to learn F’s method.

Cheers,
Keen246

the larger settings always seems out of whack between different platforms

ea 1.59855 i have as supports to break ( horizontal on mlh-L
edit 85 sorry

Attachments

• ea1.PNG
    ea1.PNG
    119.8 KB · Views: 146
Morning MM and Guys

See the move up on the EJ at 5 52/53 am this morning ??

Initial spike approx 100 pips in 2 mins - some move

6 04 am

Looks as though it happened on all yen crosses - yen weakness for what ever reason leading to 100 + pip moves and 50% or more pullbacks after 5 58 am

The GJ move was a spike up approx 150 pips in just over 2 mins - hardly the norm ;-)

6 10 am

PA not so nice on many pairs just at this moment - after the yen crosses spikes up

Certainly not the normal time pre Opens

Status
Not open for further replies.