• heavy7.PNG
    heavy7.PNG
    43.4 KB · Views: 95
6 45 am

LiTs area for the main FX pairs for Monday AM Session

EU - 1135 - 1160 ish - 6 30 am 1147/8 scalp sell

It made a high of 78 today -- so most 30 pips - more likely just 15 pips

GU - 5185 - 5195 - 6 00 am scalp sell taken at 5188/7
Went bullish from 5170 and then up over 115 + pips - say just 70 pips above LiTs

EJ - 132 70 - 132 90 ish

stayed above LiTs area -say 50 + pips

UJ - 119 15 - 119 45 ish

- In the LiTs area most of day - 0 pips

UChf - 9712 - 9723 ish

Above LiTS - 35 PIPS

UCad - 3250 - 3275 ish

Mostly above LiTs - but only approx 30 pips

AU - 6960 - 6962 ish

Error - God knows as a wrong level - 0 pips gained

So on 7 pairs - if doing it correctly - 150 to 190 pips available off single partials

Shows it was more of a range day with US & Canadian Bank Holidays making it a slow afternoon

I am sure there will be a few days better during the rest of the week

Regards

F

GU - A nice mover today

GU

A great example of the Time rule after 6 52am - ie 30 / 35 min and 50 / 60 min

When the GU stayed above its low for 35 mins - that meant odds favoured higher again

So we bought again at 7 30 am

Then after we had gone 50 /60 mins from 6 52 am - that meant we could look at buys again - ie time rule and supports stronger

After we went above 5195 and 5200 - we were then above the main R level - marked in red on the chart - first posted that chart with red R on before 8 00 am.

Also above the LITs area - and check again - I had said stay with scalp buys above this area

I will now post the next updated chart for 9 21 am ish

Note the 6 times for scalps and new trades

EU latest chart

199080d1441615143-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-70915-master-class.png

Note the KT's

;-)

That was the chart at approx 9 20 am

Now after 8 30 pm tonight

199182d1441655217-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-70915-pm.png

Attachments

• GU - 70915 PM.png
    GU - 70915 PM.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 449
So you trade of pivot points forex a lot of traders would be happy with that pip count.

Hi Liver

Basically off a key price area - not necessary just normal pivot points - they are not accurate enough in isolation and not dynamic as static in nature

Dynamic LiTs show the difference between a bullish Price structure and a bearish one - but with range days price might stay within the main area or just a few pips either side etc

Its really as "side earner" to the main scalps .

LiTs trades are normally on partial stakes off scalps with stops already in 1 or 2 pips of profit

Regards

F

Im sorry not familiar with the phrase Lits i understand about the days range on a forex pair

Im sorry not familiar with the phrase Lits i understand about the days range on a forex pair

LiTs - stands for "Line in the Sand "

its like a dividing area on Price structure between session bullish or bearish

It can be just 10 -15 pips - ( even just 3 pip area on a scalp LiTs ) up to 50 + pips on larger movers like the GJ

The main thing though - its dynamic - and can change then during a later session all depending on the size of moves etc

Regards

F

How to manage P&P?

Hi F,

I read through Sun’s thread on the weekend. I found a couple of nice posts to add to my word summary document. I’m also learning from your coaching to her. On this thread I still have a lot of posts to catch up to….I’ve been a bit busy lately.

Today I made my first P&P….not that I’m ready to use such an advance technique, but just wanted to check it on action. It does feel nice to have the trade on profit covered on BE+1. However, I do have a question on how you an MM babysit those part stakes trades: As you know, by the nature of the market the likelihood of price returning to your initial entry is very much higher than continuing for hundreds of pips your way. I think on one of your post you reckon that 70% of the part stake trades end up on the BE+1. So it’s logic to me that those trades also need some babysitting as well….not as intense as when full stake and beginning of an entry.
So the question is, do you put a TP based on a higher TF…say H1, where PA suggests price might get there? That’s what I would do, but maybe you have a different approach and would like to share it.

Since MM spoiled me introducing me to T21, I’ve been trading based on T21(+9 LRs), M1 and M3. As MM pointed to me, T21 offers an earlier entry which may end up on some few more pips on the bag or earlier exit when wrong. So far I like a lot…I feel my entries have improved significantly, but unfortunately I still have the bad habit of cutting the winnig trades too early.

Cheers
Keen246

Hi F,

I read through Sun’s thread on the weekend. I found a couple of nice posts to add to my word summary document. I’m also learning from your coaching to her. On this thread I still have a lot of posts to catch up to….I’ve been a bit busy lately.

Today I made my first P&P….not that I’m ready to use such an advance technique, but just wanted to check it on action. It does feel nice to have the trade on profit covered on BE+1. However, I do have a question on how you an MM babysit those part stakes trades: As you know, by the nature of the market the likelihood of price returning to your initial entry is very much higher than continuing for hundreds of pips your way. I think on one of your post you reckon that 70% of the part stake trades end up on the BE+1. So it’s logic to me that those trades also need some babysitting as well….not as intense as when full stake and beginning of an entry.
So the question is, do you put a TP based on a higher TF…say H1, where PA suggests price might get there? That’s what I would do, but maybe you have a different approach and would like to share it.

Since MM spoiled me introducing me to T21, I’ve been trading based on T21(+9 LRs), M1 and M3. As MM pointed to me, T21 offers an earlier entry which may end up on some few more pips on the bag or earlier exit when wrong. So far I like a lot…I feel my entries have improved significantly, but unfortunately I still have the bad habit of cutting the winnig trades too early.

Cheers
Keen246

Hi Keen

Very well done if you are using a tick chart - normally you need to get used to a 1 min chart and then when it feels slow - you are ready for the tick

You are correct sometimes a tick can gain you a pip or 2 on a 1 min and anything from 4 to 7+ pips on a 5 min.

With regards to targets - always a difficult one.

I have many time takes 8 pips off at 70% left my 30% on and then see it go up another 30+ pips in next 15 mins.

The key is P & P ing - adding to the 30% to make 130% and then cutting back to say 60% and if possible adding another 100% if the move is travelling well.

Every FX pair as a ATR based on either last 7 / 14 / 30 days

If we chose the EU - slow days 60 -80 pips in one direction - busy volume days 120 -150 + pips .

GJ and EA etc can do 170 - 250 pip single moves on a busy day.

Yes look for main S & R levels approx 30 -50 and 100+ pips away from the morning LiTs areas. Fibs can be another guide - as well as time and next TW's whether just 10 mins away or 30 mins away

It is a nice problem if you take say 4 or 6 or more good trades in a day and instead of making say 40 -70 pips on each one - you are out with just 18 or 24 pips.

Just keep moving you stops on partials up more on the way - but give the move 8 -12 pips room on pullbacks. If you end up say over 75 pips - you might say I will give it 20 pips of leg room - but try not to lose more than 50% of the gain - ie in a 3 day part stakes winning trader up say 160 pips - dont lose over 80 pips on it.

Also - you will get used to trading against yourself - ie you are up say 50 pips on a 30% or 60% buy and you see the start of a nice scalp sell with a multi cross over at a KT - the scalp sell at 100% against yourself - every pip pullback on the rise is still gaining you either 70 or 40% on stake size

I know MM also used harmonics / PF's and Fibs on top of normal LR's when he is after a 200 + pip moves. I mainly stay with interim S&R's and the time rules - after all I just want over 50 + pips every trading day - the extra 100's etc are just cream on the cake

Hope this helps

Regards

F

Hi Keen

Very well done if you are using a tick chart - normally you need to get used to a 1 min chart and then when it feels slow - you are ready for the tick

You are correct sometimes a tick can gain you a pip or 2 on a 1 min and anything from 4 to 7+ pips on a 5 min.

With regards to targets - always a difficult one.

I have many time takes 8 pips off at 70% left my 30% on and then see it go up another 30+ pips in next 15 mins.

The key is P & P ing - adding to the 30% to make 130% and then cutting back to say 60% and if possible adding another 100% if the move is travelling well.

Every FX pair as a ATR based on either last 7 / 14 / 30 days

If we chose the EU - slow days 60 -80 pips in one direction - busy volume days 120 -150 + pips .

GJ and EA etc can do 170 - 250 pip single moves on a busy day.

Yes look for main S & R levels approx 30 -50 and 100+ pips away from the morning LiTs areas. Fibs can be another guide - as well as time and next TW's whether just 10 mins away or 30 mins away

It is a nice problem if you take say 4 or 6 or more good trades in a day and instead of making say 40 -70 pips on each one - you are out with just 18 or 24 pips.

Just keep moving you stops on partials up more on the way - but give the move 8 -12 pips room on pullbacks. If you end up say over 75 pips - you might say I will give it 20 pips of leg room - but try not to lose more than 50% of the gain - ie in a 3 day part stakes winning trader up say 160 pips - dont lose over 80 pips on it.

Also - you will get used to trading against yourself - ie you are up say 50 pips on a 30% or 60% buy and you see the start of a nice scalp sell with a multi cross over at a KT - the scalp sell at 100% against yourself - every pip pullback on the rise is still gaining you either 70 or 40% on stake size

I know MM also used harmonics / PF's and Fibs on top of normal LR's when he is after a 200 + pip moves. I mainly stay with interim S&R's and the time rules - after all I just want over 50 + pips every trading day - the extra 100's etc are just cream on the cake

Hope this helps

Regards

F

1) use trailing stops.
2) dont let longer tf analysis sway your m1 trading. it killed me for a while
3) i use andrews etc for my rems
4) tick charts also killed me for a while. pay mostb attention to the fast lr set on m1
5) i use tick charts to give me more obvious pa structures in crucial moments; im still working on it and can often make mistakes

Thanks F & MM for those suggestions.
Most are pretty advanced for my current level, so I'll take note of them and review
when I feel ready. ATM I want to sharpen up my entries and learn to leave winners running.

Good night,
Keen246

Tuesday 8th September 2015 - Pre Opens hour

Good Morning FX Intraday Traders

Other than some red news releases in the Asian session on the Australian Dollar and on China - its another very quiet important news day. At least the US and Canada are back off their Bank Holiday and there are a lot of low impact news releases - whether they might be used - ? - not normally but as least be aware of their times

Adding the EA to the LiTs and will also add the GJ and split the releases into 2 lots with most important 6 first

I had expected after yesterday with the bull move up on the GU and even a small attempt on the EU to see more bull action over night along with a weaker dollar and falls on the UJ / UChf and UCad

Did I make gains on them all - shame but not all of them only the GU above 5260 area

Normal stuff again today - and all contacts welcome to join in - even new ones as long as they are not multi nics etc.

Have a great day - we know this thread should - even if we have a few scalp losses on the way - we will catch many of the nice moves - in what ever direction they go

(y)

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.