ZuluTrade

Re: My ZuluTrade Adventure

yes, demo accounts in zululand are an advantage over real accounts

the behaviours of the top zulu traders need to be understood if a budding zuluite wishes to move up the ranks

use a demo; target a high win % (even if at the expense of RR); split your lots into minis so as to increase the pip count etc

Although the demo accounts are suppose to mirror the live accounts there are obvious differences especially when an instrument gaps through your stop price. In demo accounts because the fill is artificial, the fill price is your stop price whereares the live accounts will reflect reality. Invariably as you have pointed out, demo account results are artificially inflated.

so that would explain why most providers use demo accounts then.Personally i think all providers should use live accounts

The other main benefit is that demo accounts carry less psychological pressure. A big plus in trading.

possibly,but also less respect

A provider in Zulu is a businessman. Given a choice between ranking and respectability, the decision is obvious for the majority. One has to maximise and leverage the rules to your advantage.

good point

A provider in Zulu is a businessman. Given a choice between ranking and respectability, the decision is obvious for the majority. One has to maximise and leverage the rules to your advantage.

Avoiding slippage wont help the signal provider at all , there is a tab in the provider performance to cover slippage in followers live accounts , so if there is a difference between provider's fills and the followers it all will be shown , and if the average slippage in followers accounts became more than average profit/trade the provider will be marked as a scalper by the system and the ranking algo will dump the trader down thousands spots !

Last edited:
Avoiding slippage wont help the signal provider at all , there is a tab in the provider performance to cover slippage in followers live accounts , so if there is a difference between provider's fills and the followers it all will be shown , and if the average slippage in followers accounts became more than average profit/trade the provider will be marked as a scalper by the system and the ranking algo will dump the trader down thousands spots !

Yea. I noticed the slippage page. It's not working though. I understand what you're saying but its clear given that this one trader saved 450 pips from the great fills on 5 trades.Taking into accounts he's done 124 trades, that's almost 4 pips a trade, and none of the brokers are above 2 points slippage. So slippage on each broker should be at least 4 pips, but the worst is ACM Gold at 1.8 pips. So it's a nice idea, but it doesn't work.

I think I'm being stupid here. Zulutrade might not want to correct all these errors in their ranking system because it doesn't favour them.

Yea. I noticed the slippage page. It's not working though. I understand what you're saying but its clear given that this one trader saved 450 pips from the great fills on 5 trades.Taking into accounts he's done 124 trades, that's almost 4 pips a trade, and none of the brokers are above 2 points slippage. So slippage on each broker should be at least 4 pips, but the worst is ACM Gold at 1.8 pips. So it's a nice idea, but it doesn't work.

I think I'm being stupid here. Zulutrade might not want to correct all these errors in their ranking system because it doesn't favour them.

Which provider and which trades please ?
And i guess you have to take fills data from all followers so maybe some didn't get slipped as much .

Last edited:

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly? That demo accounts aren't broker accounts. They should have the same rules as a live account though. Like slippage over the weekend. It's pretty straight forward. Your stop sell was at 1.3000 on Friday. The market opens at 1.2900 on Sunday. You get stopped out at 1.2900. That's the kind of slippage I'm talking about. The thing is, with a lot of these demo accounts. The Signal Providers are actually getting their 1.3000 fills, which is making them look a lot better than they actually are. Actually two SP's I followed benefited greatly from these amazing fills. Zulutrade is very good, but it is very flawed. I still think it is a terrible ranking system even if it is better than the rest. How can you get Max DD so wrong for example? Do they know nothing about trading?

You are not sure because you havent open even and one demo with the platform. :sneaky:

think of zulutrade as a bridge between your brokers account (a follower - e.g. alpari ) and the provider's mt4 account with welltrade, for example, they all have different servers, thus different slippages. When you have demo, and here i am talking about a follower's demo, not a trader's one, once you have not open an account with ANY broker, therefore you cannot have a slippage execution from the traders that you follow. Weekend slippage - this is more up to the markets, and usu there is a roll-over fee that brokers charge, so most prob the difference you talk about comes from that fee.
You are being over-critising, maybe you can show some other SUCH platform that it better? or you are simply blabbing around...

Not really! far far from businessman - or real traders - some are good, others are bellow junk traders !
real live account is totally the best one to trust!

Not really! far far from businessman - or real traders - some are good, others are bellow junk traders !
real live account is totally the best one to trust!

Not sure what is your point. Your premise and conclusion has no relationship.

Brumpy,

read the post that you quoted, back on the thing he quoted - then my answer and you will get my point about the zulutrade traders being a far part of businessman or at least the general sense of the word.

Brumpy,

read the post that you quoted, back on the thing he quoted - then my answer and you will get my point about the zulutrade traders being a far part of businessman or at least the general sense of the word.

I have not seen your reasoning to conclude that Zulu traders are far from being businessman beyond your statement to that effect - neither specifically nor generally.

I have not seen your reasoning to conclude that Zulu traders are far from being businessman beyond your statement to that effect - neither specifically nor generally.

I think, you confused yourself with all this nonsense that you've been talkin...
Do you actually have a live account with zulutrade? If, not then, stop talking please, you are NOT contributing!

You are not sure because you havent open even and one demo with the platform. :sneaky:

think of zulutrade as a bridge between your brokers account (a follower - e.g. alpari ) and the provider's mt4 account with welltrade, for example, they all have different servers, thus different slippages. When you have demo, and here i am talking about a follower's demo, not a trader's one, once you have not open an account with ANY broker, therefore you cannot have a slippage execution from the traders that you follow. Weekend slippage - this is more up to the markets, and usu there is a roll-over fee that brokers charge, so most prob the difference you talk about comes from that fee.
You are being over-critising, maybe you can show some other SUCH platform that it better? or you are simply blabbing around...

Fxturtle-eurusd is the guy im talking about. If you look to see what im talking about maybe you will understand better.

Isnt this bad if a SP cant have slippage. Cant you see how an SP can benefit from this. Do you need me to prove that I can guarantee making a profitable account without knowing or caring what direction the market goes? Btw you're not worth my time so the answer is no.

Fxturtle-eurusd is the guy im talking about. If you look to see what im talking about maybe you will understand better.

Isnt this bad if a SP cant have slippage. Cant you see how an SP can benefit from this. Do you need me to prove that I can guarantee making a profitable account without knowing or caring what direction the market goes? Btw you're not worth my time so the answer is no.

What exactly do you mean by the slippage point?
he has a decent slippage much below even 2 pips and I've seen traders with even bigger numbers.
I know well this trader - I was talking to him in a forum or two, and was following actually the fxturtle account, couple of months or so agooo....
So, you are a trader as well, and i technical as i can see......if you think high enough of your trading go become a provider, and if you are good enough we will all get to follow you, that's the only prove needed :cool:

OK just saw the provider , i guess you mean the 17th EUR trades all closed at the same time but with totally different prices , and yes he avoided most of the gap , that's a horrible error on Zulu's platform , but you should contact support and they may fix this in his account . That being said you cant become a successful provider based on some weekend gap error , you cant avoid slippage every week , it appears to be like AAAFX broker stalled prices at the open of the week , and even if you can avoid slippage every week you cant rely on this to improve your ranking it wont work :) .

OK just saw the provider , i guess you mean the 17th EUR trades all closed at the same time but with totally different prices , and yes he avoided most of the gap , that's a horrible error on Zulu's platform , but you should contact support and they may fix this in his account . That being said you cant become a successful provider based on some weekend gap error , you cant avoid slippage every week , it appears to be like AAAFX broker stalled prices at the open of the week , and even if you can avoid slippage every week you cant rely on this to improve your ranking it wont work :) .

If i place a short and long Eurusd trade on the same demo account both with 5-20 point stops right before the close. If there's a gap, which of recent there has been. One will get stopped at the 5-20 point stop and the other will gain a load of pips. I can even make it less suspect by doing a tri arb. The possibilities are endless. It could boost your ranking from the start, but it won't help much in the long run. I'm just pointing out a flaw in the system.

Whats with this Robbert guy? I feel sorry for him.

If i place a short and long Eurusd trade on the same demo account both with 5-20 point stops right before the close. If there's a gap, which of recent there has been. One will get stopped at the 5-20 point stop and the other will gain a load of pips. I can even make it less suspect by doing a tri arb. The possibilities are endless. It could boost your ranking from the start, but it won't help much in the long run. I'm just pointing out a flaw in the system.

Whats with this Robbert guy? I feel sorry for him.

Believe me it isn't straight forward as it seems ,but i totally get your idea though , you may get a little boost from one weekend gap but that's it you cant sustain the trick , we don't get that much weekend gaps anyway , you need to sustain your ranking and your followers for a long time to make real money .

Believe me it isn't straight forward as it seems ,but i totally get your idea though , you may get a little boost from one weekend gap but that's it you cant sustain the trick , we don't get that much weekend gaps anyway , you need to sustain your ranking and your followers for a long time to make real money .

Yeah, it won't make much difference in the long run, but allows demo trades to have no weekend risk what so ever, which can be a massive bonus. It's just a flaw, but i doubt you can make money off it in the long run.