ZuluTrade

no,the amount following is the amount a trader has in his account even though it could be spread across several accounts,the full amount is shown

Amount following is not what you think , most of it could be the balance of one follower , and he/she could be following the SP with just 1 micro lot .

tar is correct.
I think we've cleared out earlier that "Amount Following" = the total aggregated equity of all live followers at any time.
So if provider X is followed by 5 live accounts and these each have an equity of $1000, then "Amount Following" for provider X will be $5000.
If the next day a 6th follower decides to follow provider X with his live account and he has a $1million equity, then "Amount Following" will show $1,005,000.

The "Profit made from following this trader" data just shows the net profit (without unrealised losses) for each live follower, and if it is low it just means that people have only just recently started to follow the guy, and/or are using extremely small size.

In the case of Forex Sleep Mode, if you look closely you will see that the majority of his profits comes from 15 trades opened in December 2012, but in 2013 he has only won about 320 pips for a 1100 pips DD so it would make sense that nobody has earned a lot with him yet.

The "Followers" data includes live and demo followers.

:)

and this is no#1

it seems there's a lot more gambling going on than trading at zulu, which doesnt bode well for the followers

this provider behaves more like a trader than many

In the case of Forex Sleep Mode, if you look closely you will see that the majority of his profits comes from 15 trades opened in December 2012, but in 2013 he has only won about 320 pips for a 1100 pips DD

The Artist,

you are right. Respect. If you go over with the mouse pointer the bubble pops up and tells you exactly what the issue is.
See, I've never actually bothered with that type of small details..all what matters to me is what's happening on my side of the chain - or actually gaining/loosing, of course.

and this is no#1

it seems there's a lot more gambling going on than trading at zulu, which doesnt bode well for the followers

this provider behaves more like a trader than many

He does actually doesnt it?
I remember reading about the trader in some other threads.... (y)
guys, what happened with Jankowski? Talking about real time trader....results are so bad i had to flunk him...

Re: My ZuluTrade Adventure

its a good point, followers will be put off by providers taking multiple positions

most start with the intention of 1 or 2 lots and then increase.Theres nothinh wrong with multiple positions if used correctly.I start with several and then take off as i go along,its the way i trade.However zulu do score you on pips and i dont think relative pips as much,so lots of pips gets the attention

most start with the intention of 1 or 2 lots and then increase.Theres nothinh wrong with multiple positions if used correctly.I start with several and then take off as i go along,its the way i trade.However zulu do score you on pips and i dont think relative pips as much,so lots of pips gets the attention

Yea they do score you on pips but your ROI is determined by max open trades and drawdown, so opening multiple positions doesn't help there. I'm not sure about the attraction to many pips. I think that should be the case, but from my observations it's not.

Yea they do score you on pips but your ROI is determined by max open trades and drawdown, so opening multiple positions doesn't help there. I'm not sure about the attraction to many pips. I think that should be the case, but from my observations it's not.

Zulu puts a big weight on pips and Max DD , not ROI , so opening multiple positions is just to increase commissions and/or inflate gained pips .

In the case of Forex Sleep Mode, if you look closely you will see that the majority of his profits comes from 15 trades opened in December 2012, but in 2013 he has only won about 320 pips for a 1100 pips DD so it would make sense that nobody has earned a lot with him yet.

The "Followers" data includes live and demo followers.

Zulu shows his max DD just +300 pips !

Zulu puts a big weight on pips and Max DD , not ROI , so opening multiple positions is just to increase commissions and/or inflate gained pips .

Yea. I spoke to them as well. I'm not sure how exactly it works, but I can tell you for sure that pips doesn't really make much difference. There's a lot of new guys with like 1k pips all reaching the top 100, where as i rarely see a guy with a large amount of pips after a few weeks up there. I think there is a big weight on ROI, MAX DD and a time value and maybe win % not sure about that one. I don't think pips makes any difference to be honest. If you look for yourself you can see that.

KAMA, AZAR consulting, TCY etc. Actually the biggest thing that effects your rank is the % of trades followed in live accounts, and the amount following.

Yea. I spoke to them as well. I'm not sure how exactly it works, but I can tell you for sure that pips doesn't really make much difference. There's a lot of new guys with like 1k pips all reaching the top 100, where as i rarely see a guy with a large amount of pips after a few weeks up there. I think there is a big weight on ROI, MAX DD and a time value and maybe win % not sure about that one. I don't think pips makes any difference to be honest. If you look for yourself you can see that.

I followed Zulu for some time , pips is the most important , and MAX DD is the most important to calculate risk . If you've made 300 pips with 1 position , and i've made 6000 pips with 20 positions i will be higher than you if we have the same max DD ratio , they definitely put alot of weight on pips and MAX DD .

Zulu shows his max DD just +300 pips !

When I talk about DD, I mean real DD, not Zulutrade's definition of DD.

So what I was saying was that in 2013, profit is shown to be about 3600 pips but you have 3 trades opened in December 2012 which account for about 3300 pips (closed on Jan 2nd, Jan 10th, and March 21st).
Therefore if you were not following this trader as early as December 11th you would have had to go through a DD of more than 1000 before making the net 300 pips which he has accumulated in 2013.

It's easy to check that he ended 2012 on Dec 26th with +7538 pips, then ended January 2013 on the 31st with +8515 pips, that's 977 pips for January. But if you take out the two Dec 11th trades closed on Jan 2nd for 1000 pips and on Jan 10th for 754 pips, that leaves you with net -777 pips, and more than -1000 pips of maximum adverse excursion.

I just used these facts to explain why it makes sense nobody has made money with him since people only started to notice and follow him over the past few days when he closed his last +1582 pips trade from Dec and jumped up to #1.

Hopefully for all his newfound followers he will soon be able to identify another long-term trade that they can profit from.

old email :

Please bear in mind that the maximum open positions number which appears in your profile is not calculated in our computer generated statistics.
But on the other hand please bear in mind that besides the 30 open / pending trades which applies for all providers, the most important asspec in your perforomance in too maintain a low MAx DD%.
The Maximum Draw down is the worst negative mathematical sum of all open/floating positions of a certain provider in a certain moment in their trading history. Zulutrade uses a combination of 2 algorithm for “open trades” and closed trades to calculate the max DD. The max DD% is the % dividing the absolute pips values of the max DD and the Total Profit of the Signal Provider
Therefore please remember that if you have many trades opened at the same moment you are risking to have a higher maximum drawdown and this could affect your statistics.
On the other hand it is in your best interest to have many trade nad lots opened from your followers inj order to receive a higher commission,but you should try not to overtrade protecting your followers balance from the drawdown which might lead them to a margin call.
As you could see there are several aspects which you have to consider and set your strategy accordingly.
Thank you for your understanding.
Please contact us,if you need further assistance .
Kind regards,

old email :

Please bear in mind that the maximum open positions number which appears in your profile is not calculated in our computer generated statistics.
But on the other hand please bear in mind that besides the 30 open / pending trades which applies for all providers, the most important asspec in your perforomance in too maintain a low MAx DD%.
The Maximum Draw down is the worst negative mathematical sum of all open/floating positions of a certain provider in a certain moment in their trading history. Zulutrade uses a combination of 2 algorithm for “open trades” and closed trades to calculate the max DD. The max DD% is the % dividing the absolute pips values of the max DD and the Total Profit of the Signal Provider
Therefore please remember that if you have many trades opened at the same moment you are risking to have a higher maximum drawdown and this could affect your statistics.
On the other hand it is in your best interest to have many trade nad lots opened from your followers inj order to receive a higher commission,but you should try not to overtrade protecting your followers balance from the drawdown which might lead them to a margin call.
As you could see there are several aspects which you have to consider and set your strategy accordingly.
Kind regards,

Drawdown being the most important, I agree
Pip count, doesn't affect rank so much as it affects followers.
ROI, I believe, comes 2nd priority
There are mainly traders with low pip count (under 10k pips) at the top

Read the email carefully they admitted that number of positions is not included in the calculation , which means if you make more pips then that's better , doesn't matter if you make it with 1 position or 30 as long as your max DD is acceptable and competitive with other SPs .

old email :

Kind regards,

You're right. I just spoke to them. More pips is better on the same MaxDD. I guess duping is good to improve ranking.

If the DD was 300 pips for the 20 trades
you: at 16:22:46
and 15 pips for the 1 trade
you: at 16:22:48
whats better now?
you: at 16:23:21
if the DD is 100% on both of them
Jorge: at 16:24:31
The one with the more pips

It's not obvious when you look check trader's performance but according to what that Zulu guy just said it is.

I think the most obvious reason why this isn't true, is because of kama and savedfx. Kama is savedfx, but kama's rank is higher than savedfx. Savedfx just does the same trades but more duplicates, and actually has a better average pips per trade. So duplicating has to be bad.

Kama 14 pips per trade, 94% win ratio, 14% Max DD
SavedFX 17 pips per trade, 97% win ratio, 13% max DD
Kama has a better ROI%. These two traders are exactly the same, so given that why is Kama outperforming savedfx. The conclusion has to be that duplicating doesn't increase ranking, or that it does and doesn't at the same time. Because the negative effects of duplicating out weigh the positives.

Please explain that tar?

Last edited: