Winter blues Trading 2011/12

Just to pass a few minutes away from screen :cheesy: hope you enjoy
watch

out -12

not the best of starts to the morning.

One aspect of my trading that I am strugling to improve is cutting losing trades when the pattern no longer fits rather then waiting for the stop to be hit.

vacs

you seem to use a monetary stop rather than a pattern failure one (no longer fits?) so I wonder if you can work with a stop zone that caters for both rather than a specific price.

If pattern failure is what you mean by "no longer fits" then there will usually be warning indications that it might fail. You might think of those as a series of warning lights coming on - although, like price, they will probably flicker on and off before burning bright.

That might enable you to set upper and lower limits to a stop zone. If price goes into the zone you'd drop to a lower TF and watch the action with the intention of exiting "at best" unless price pops back out of the zone or your bottom limit is reached where your hard stop is triggered.

jon

your spot on jon, but acting on the info presented is much harder when you have a bias towards one direction because your already invested.

Wonder if the g20 meetings are whats screwing me up today?

causing a wipsaw market methinks.

aus/usd should be a good short if it gets to big figure.my ea has hardly moved yet euro and aussie 100 pip moves,strange

..................acting on the info presented is much harder when you have a bias towards one direction because your already invested........

:) don't I know it

try switching roles and pretend you've entered in the other direction and looking for confirmations to make additions. Anyway, it's not scientific is it, we're just looking at various levels where we make assumptions and take what advantage we can if those assumptions play out.

jon

got out as market stopped and eur/aud had greatly underperformed other correlated pairs,so was worried

Euro is going straight up, this morning, There is no rhyme nor reason to it, is there? Here we are, in the middle of a big dispute on the Greek referendum business and the Euro is preferred against the USD.

Euro is going straight up, this morning, There is no rhyme nor reason to it, is there? Here we are, in the middle of a big dispute on the Greek referendum business and the Euro is preferred against the USD.

True but always worth remembering that the euro is basically germany,Germnay are economically a lot better than most countries so there is strength. Well its one angle and possible long term reason for bullish euro