Winter blues Trading 2011/12

out 1.3824

+ 30

short cable 1.6016
sl 1.6040
nice one
hustler

writing EAs to run rings round us next.[/QUOTE]
Think you are getting me mixed up with jonboy I am such a simple tramp living in a cave

short eurjpy 10665, stop 10706, first target 10630 second target open

long wur/gbp 0.8608 sl 0.8596

out -12

not the best of starts to the morning.

One aspect of my trading that I am strugling to improve is cutting losing trades when the pattern no longer fits rather then waiting for the stop to be hit.

out -12

not the best of starts to the morning.

One aspect of my trading that I am strugling to improve is cutting losing trades when the pattern no longer fits rather then waiting for the stop to be hit.

your still having a very good week. Problem with cutting trades,most of the time when you realise things aren't working there only a few pips left,hardly worth it then. Maybe its something I should look at.i probably only cut 1 in 20 trades

Yes its true your usually within 10 pips of your stop when things are no longer right, but even if you save 5 pips on half your losers you will increase your pip count at the end of each week.

Yes its true your usually within 10 pips of your stop when things are no longer right, but even if you save 5 pips on half your losers you will increase your pip count at the end of each week.

possibly,but thats debbatable. What about the ones that nearly take your stop by 1 or 2 pips and then go your way, or a false spike etc. Lets stay away from this we will crew our minds up:)

Hmm i could easily find a reason for cutting this eur/aud trade. other aussie and euro pairs are not moving in correlation