Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

HELP! Does anyone know the symbol for oil futures in Sierra Chart please? Should start something like QM-200504???

Edit - forget that , I got it QM-200504-NYMEX

Last edited:
I think I might just enter a few shorts should the market rise to the 10850 area.

Not much action as of yet.

Should I be entering short now. Come on touch 11,000. I just want to sell high.

If today we close below 10800 then that will possibly lead us to 10600.

and reason for the small pullback... just got in. by the way, i know most of us spreadbet but just wondered if anyone had any good recommendations for a decent futures company.

I had business inventories on my yahoo callendar at 3 but where did you hear of G talking?

lemput said:
and reason for the small pullback... just got in. by the way, i know most of us spreadbet but just wondered if anyone had any good recommendations for a decent futures company.
...........................................................................................................................................................................

Try Man Direct.

hi User, thank's for the Commercial hedger info and chart
I had strong sell signals for the Dow last Wed 9th and a confirmation signal day on Friday 11th so I placed an order to short April contract on Sat and opened a short position at 10.00am UK time on Monday 14th and I am now holding and waiting for the next signal.
best regards
please note this is not trading advice

Glad you found the info to be of use for your analysis.

Counter its seems as if 10750 is going to be tested. However I do think today will be an up day.

The Dow action to me just seems as if its about to pop very very soon. When I say pop I'm not talking of 100points. I'm talking 500points.

We see though

we're testing.... i'm with you on that counter_violent. User- it will be extremely hard for dow to finish up as AIG is really dragging it down, now down almost $2!
You're right though about a move in general. something will give. even though I'm well short I think it is too close to call, but generally 10,600 or 11,000 is going to get hit sooner rather than later.

Counter its seems as if 10750 is going to be tested. However I do think today will be an up day.

The Dow action to me just seems as if its about to pop very very soon. When I say pop I'm not talking of 100points. I'm talking 500points.

The evidence seems pretty solid today, a fail at 830/40, drop through 800 , failed re-test of 800 , heading for 755 and a fail of this level will lead to a test of previous rising trendline support at 735.

No up day close that i can see.

All will be revealed soon.

crude could be ready to make an entrance. last hour always the most fun.... 55.20 does it have the legs though for 55.67?

Agreed user, so far INDU has been held perfectly by the down trend line from 07/03/05, however rapidly rising to meet it is the long running up trend line from 04/10/02. Something will have to give, and could involve a substantial move.