Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Racer said:
But he isn't going to actually buy GM though is he? He is only offering to buy a small 'in percent terms' stake

KK offers to increase his stake by another 10% in the equity of the company

SP rises 20%

S&P move $300 billion debt instruments to junk status within two days of KKs offer

SP falls, but not below the price before KKs offer

Junk status means the company will have difficulty raising money in the future

Materially different to the company that KK offered to buy a 10% stake in

KK walks away

Disaster diverted.

Time will tell...

Dow on the way up again?

I wonder :rolleyes:

Attachments

• icarus.gif
    icarus.gif
    35.6 KB · Views: 210
joules

........but she did whisper that the infamous 10am reversal is worth keeping an eye on ;)

good trading

jon

Minder said:
KK offers to increase his stake by another 10% in the equity of the company

SP rises 20%

S&P move $300 billion debt instruments to junk status within two days of KKs offer

SP falls, but not below the price before KKs offer

Junk status means the company will have difficulty raising money in the future

Materially different to the company that KK offered to buy a 10% stake in

KK walks away

Disaster diverted.

Time will tell...

No, not 'another' 10 %

'Kerkorian, through his Tracinda Corp., is offering cash for up to 28 million GM shares. He already owns 22 million shares of General Motors, or about 3.9% of the company's float -- a stake that appreciated by about $110 million Wednesday.

If the roughly $870 million tender was fully subscribed, Kerkorian would own 8.8% of GM. The Las Vegas billionaire described his stake as being for investor purposes.'

Now I wonder cos the Dow fell back on Friday will we get a big out of hours move up on the futures yet again for no real reason.

For a laugh thought I would find out what value the dow would be if all the components were all at their all time highs!
Some were around 2000 obviously but some hit that level recently.

The value would be:

15813!!

Didn't get much time over the weekend but got some analysis done and well......very confusing......

I've established that the trend is up and you would have to buy........

I also feel that the smart money (long term) is selling and dumb money is buying.......

Yes I would like to go long BUT because of the smart money flow I am still feeling skeptical......

The indicators are looking good for the upside.....

My take on the whole situation is that we move higher......so for the Dow comp I'm up......

For my trading I'm still not sure.....

We move higher......everyone jumps on board.....we start to believe 11,000's coming and then before you know it 9800.....

For now I see us clearing 10400 for the week....not sure if we can close above that......we should DEFINATELY hit 10500 intra-week.....probably a good chance of gains this week....not sure if that would be by 1 point....100 points or 200 points..... :devilish:

At this moment in time I'm inclined to go long.....

On the daily chart we have formed a solid double bottom at 10,000 which is also a strong support level......and on the weekly and daily chartshigher price action seems likely....we've also busted out of the range we were in

I wonder could we see 10600-700 soon.......

Racer I would wait for that heavy short.....

Perfect traps ahead.........Having said that last week a 90% chance of going higher as I mentioned......and that higher action was seen with some great negative stuff occuring...

Higher oil prices, higher rates, GM, Ford......so on that basis the market did well to shrug of the bad news and post fairly decent gains......

Verdict: Go Long....Monday I see potential for around 100 point upside move....

Last edited:
Oh not surprised, not surprised..
they have pushed dow up 25 points in as many minutes, hmm now what time is it in the US?

rrtech said:
What are the usual times of day when the Dow does/might change direction?

try the 268 minute rule..

another esoteric method, but this usually ties in with 18.58 GMT/BST afternoon reversal in the markets as the big boys return to play after a boozy lunch.

this week.

well, we closed at 10,340 give or take.

am anticipating a dip to 10,270 today/tmr, perhaps a wee bit more.. then from there a bit of a barney up to 10,450 perhaps by wednesday, potentially reversing from there to end the week.

think i might put my dow comp at 10,350 this week.

hope you all had a great weekend.. beer and sun definitely do mix..

:)

i also see that DC2000 is going for a weekly close of 21415.

looks like he must be looking for Bin laden's capture, a solution to the middle-east conflict, and general world peace and stability in the next 4 days.

good luck to him :)

FetteredChinos said:
i also see that DC2000 is going for a weekly close of 21415. good luck to him :)

FC - Who is DC2000 ?

Charlie says " The closing action (Friday) looks to me like a set up for a Monday morning dump.....Volumes were the lowest of the week.....EWA says that pressures are fluttering - both up and down significant pressures".

DC is the jedi master from TacticalTrader, and occasionally posts here.

sometimes his calls are frighteningly accurate, but then again, he does post them in a cryptic fashion, so there is a certain ambiguity about them.

he doesnt post on here that much for a few reasons, but he is a "sound geezer" IMHO.

a dump today would suit me.

FC