Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Well those attempts to push it higher didn't work
FTSE is definitely not convinced!

well looks like im adding to my FTSE long at this rate today at the close, plus also closing a short :)

ah, confusion.

just how i like it..

If this was really bullish it wouldn't have pulled back like it did and then dithered about...

Greenspan talking on the hill, not sure if that is helping or hindering. Have no idea where this is going, internals fairly strong both markets though volume running behind yesterdays pace. When in doubt stay out, I guess

Certainly the action is choppy and a couple of 30 pt moves for the brave ones out there.

I'm still holding onto my 20 foot barge pole for the time being.

Greenspan 'there there children, listen to me, I know how to get out of this big dark hole I led you into,' pat, pat

FetteredChinos said:
if i were a gambling man, i would go long here 10,092 and hold for the rest of the day... stop in the 10,040 region.

little pullback almost completed.

not gonna go for it though.. 240points is enough this week.

FC

now if only i listened to my own advice...

still, 7 positions long on the FTSE though, so any upwards bias from here would be nice...

If this rally stays as it is, then this will be fairly bullish for the short term. As yesterdays losses will be erased. 10200 seems likely if this was to occur!

right..mystic meg time...

Friday close 10,127
Monday, early spike higher perhaps 10,197 (my short entry)- 10,220
tuesday/wednesday down move to hit 10,020 once more, from where we bounce for the end of the week. possibly resuming a bullish march into the high 10,000s (longer term target is 10750 if you recall)

U.S. March leading economic indicators fall 0.4% By Rex Nutting
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The U.S. economy is experiencing "choppy" growth, the Conference Board said Thursday. The board's index of leading economic indicators fell 0.4% in March after growing in three of the previous four months. Two of the 10 leading indicators advanced in March. Economists were expecting the index to fall 0.3%. "Moderate economic growth continued through the first quarter," said Ken Goldstein, economist for the board. "The economy is expanding, but at a pace that is choppy." The coincident index increased 0.2% and the lagging index fell 0.1%.

So one area of the US has impressed, but what about oil and all the other problems?

S&P not over the 200d yet. It kept failing here yesterday, if it can push higher then looking bullish, if not and fails then bears back in charge again

trendie said:
SHORTed Dow 10,106.
Will close at EOD irrespective.

How high can it go, after opening up 80+ ??

How's your short ? Mine got stopped out at 10140

kriesau said:
How's your short ? Mine got stopped out at 10140

amateur trading error number 324-a.

the short was, at one point, around 30 points in profit, but I allowed it slip into a loss.

( I allowed a proftiable position become a loss )

We are seeing some tremendous powerful stuff here. The first attempt on 10000 and we find ourselves nearly playing with 10200. Wiping out all of yesterdays gains.

My longs are looking good. 150+points x 2positions.

I think we will see 10200 this time around. Maybe not today though.....